Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2002, 10:57 PM   #21
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

Breathe, /)eathkiller, breathe man.
Old 11-29-2002, 11:06 PM   #22
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by LennonCook:
Not quite. Windows ME and above *can* hide file name extentions (to prevent you from messing a file up completely by changing it), but don`t necesarily do so. In Tools -> Folder options (from any folder), you can change whether it shows them or hides them.

Generally, the default it to make it visible. [img]smile.gif[/img]
[/QB]
thanks for the random windows related trivia, I, as a Mac user, have no learned something...

now let me tell you a litte more about Macs...

System OSX is the least compatiable mac ssytem since the IIGs went obsolete and MAc OS came out... i'll tlel ya, if you want any of your old stuff to run you have to run it through an OS9 converter which can take up to 15 minutes tos tart a SINGLE application and you have to either do this or buy ALL new software and most old software doesnt have updates really old software just wont work at all

HERES MY SUGGESTION to anyone who buys a mac:

DELETE your system software upon purchase THROW it all in the trash get a copy of OS 9 from somewhere ANYWHERE and install it! you'll be a mac GOD if you can find Res Edit on the net for it too, though recently the website that provided it has been hacked by some pro-linux people...

Res edit: Turns any file into any other kind of file and works on PCs and Macs easy as pie!

OH and also: Macs and PCs can transfer files amongst eachother wihout problems if you follow these precautions:

On a PC dont add a file type at the end, it's there if you have them disabled, on a Mac ALWAYS have the file type, also NEVER use any applications outside of the basics which can be used on the inernet such as IE and Netscape, an AOL 8.0 file on a Mac isnt going to run on a PC with AOL 8.0 unless sent through the net, Only if you use Res edit to change to a PC AoL format can you expect it to work, Photoshop is a NO NO!

NO NO NO NO NO!

Dont even use Photoshop to SAVE files on a PC!

with a PC copy and paste your image into MS paint and save it no quality degredation would be differint (JPG is best for internet files TIFF is highest quality) ANYTHING from adobe for that matter

now wait... this needs to be noticable

ALL ADOBE FILES ARE INCOMPATABLE WITH EVERYTHING EXCEPT THE ORIGINAL COMPUTER WHICH THE ADOBE FILES CAME FROM OR AN IDENTICAL COMPTUER WITH THE SAME ADOBE SOFTWARE SO SAYS THE LORD ALMIGHTY!

I hope you noticed that... Obey that rule! [img]tongue.gif[/img] If you want to save something from Adobe Copy and paste it int something universal

like Quicktime... or Paint or Netscape Navigator

it's just EASIER that way... and Freindlier

if you can live a universal computer life you'll realize that you are no longer tied down to a software or a system! you'll be free as a bird!

So if you want to be a techromancer like me, follow the basic steps of:

1 : IGNORE ALL APPLICATIONS OUTSIDE OF THE ONES ON BOTH PLATFORMS
2 : FORGET ABOUT OPERATING SYSTEMS OUTSIDE OF WINDOWS 98-X AND MAC OS 9-9.2
3 : USE FILE EXTENSIONS ON MACS
4 : DONT ON PCS THEYRE ALREADY THERE USUALLY
5 : GET SOME 10 BASE T TRANSEIVER LINES SO YOUR COMPS CAN BE ON A LAN
6 : ONE PC CAN DO THE JOB OF 2 MACS
7 : KNOW THAT I AM A MAC USER AND YET I HATE ALL OTHER MAC USERS!
8 : FIREWALLS ARE FOR PANZIES

*edit * Two More!

9 : JAVASCRIP and HTML are the only two REAL programing languages in existance...

10: don't try to make a point typing in all caps...

[ 11-29-2002, 11:09 PM: Message edited by: /)eathKiller ]
Old 11-29-2002, 11:09 PM   #23
Slizerio

I love toying with people minds . [img]graemlins/egypt.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img]

Old 11-29-2002, 11:11 PM   #24
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

1 the picture is a little wide

2 you left in a space after the URL, before the [/img]
Old 11-29-2002, 11:19 PM   #25
Slizerio

Whats wrong with it being wide?