Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2001, 02:35 AM   #1
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

a little spoiler for watchers keep 5th lvl (actually its 6th lvl but its the same for me)

demon prince??? HEEEELLLPPP?? any suggestions? does he have any nicey goody stuff or just imprison him to hell??

------------------
Revived I Am to hunt this world... Banish ye evil or face my wrath...
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2001, 03:33 AM   #2
Ratweed
Manshoon

Well i decided to kill the guy just so i could save the people
spoiler
Although you cant save the paladins hte guy does thank you just before he dies and demegorgon is some more exp under your belt so i decided to beat him
Ratweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2001, 03:33 AM   #3
rodimus
The Magister

Spoiler
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
The name of the demon prince is Demogorgon. Have your cleric cast all defensive spell cast on your fighters. Then go whack him. Your Mages should summon Planetars, Mordekainens Sword, etc. and then only Pierce Magic and Breach. Your fighters should use Greater Whirlwind-Attack Abilities, and only attack him, not the demons he summons. Be sure, that you DON'T cast Time-Stop, cause Demogorgon is immune to this spell, if you don't want your mage and Demogorgon move for this rounds. Then the fight should be easy. The stuff he has:
Spoiler
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
Nothing, hehehe....
rodimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2001, 06:59 AM   #4
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Use all your high-level warrior abilities - Greater Whirlwind Attack, Critical Strike, etc. If you can summon Devas or Planetars do that. Keep your mages out of harm's way, try to have one casting resistance-lowering spells like Lower Resistance and Greater Malison while you have another one casting offensive spells. Put the summonings between you and him. He summons two mariliths so you need to worry about them too.

------------------
Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2001, 10:32 PM   #5
frudi_x
Drow Warrior

well, demogorgon's pretty easy, it's those two pets of his that allways leave my party bleeding... specially those poison attacks of theirs... I mean, what use are your fighters if they spend all of their time gulping down one antidote potion after another
gotta remember to protect my party from poison next time...

anyway, I beat him twice, once on normal and once on hard difficulty. I don't really have any useful advice on how to beat him, since for me the fight goes like this - beef up, summon some bad-ass creatures (planetar, elemental prince, simulacrum images...) and attack... and from there on it's just improvisation. react to his protective spells with counter spells, summon new creatures as they die, retreat and heal badly wounded party members and have a couple resurection rods ready! when I fought him on hard difficulty Minsc died 3 times, Keldorn and Jaheira twice and Imoen once! at one point I only had my character and Nalia alive, so I was running around trying not to get hit and resurecting the rest of my party whenever I had a second to breathe .
now the fight was made exponentially more difficult because, for some reason, none of my Lower Resistance spells seemed to do anything! I still don't know what that was all about, if it was a bug or something. so without being able to lower his MR, I couldn't use any magical attacks; what a shock for someone who's favorite spell is Abi-Dalzim's Horrid Wilting but still, he went down never the less...

oh yeah, you might get advice from some people to just cloud-kill him to death from outside his field of view, or to lay down a million traps where he appears and possibly summon another million creatures with a simulacrum image... if you ask me, those tactics are just lame... seriously, just plain lame... if all I want is to see him dead, I might as well use the CLUAConsole and cheat; but it's the fight that's the fun part!
frudi_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2001, 05:34 AM   #6
Nyte's Halo
Welcomed New User

And whatever you do, DON'T kill the Mariliths first, what he summons after is much worse. I made the mistake of luring the mariliths arawy so that I could fight Demo aone. BIG mistake. Once those two pains were killed and I was ready to take out the big guy, he began summoning Glabrezu. Now one or two isn't bad, but this guy would summon 4 at a time, and it wasn't enough that he would summon just one set, oh no, he would summon like 2 or 3 sets, that's like 12 glabrezu and Demo pounding on ya. SO yes, hit Demo hard and fast, THEN if you want to, kill the Mariliths. Just glad I keep 2 saves handy, the auto and a normal save or I would never have beaten him down.
Nyte's Halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2001, 11:28 AM   #7
Elhana
Elite Waterdeep Guard

If you find him easy, try the improved version with the patch posted on baldurdash. It's a real blast! He summons in a huge bunch of really nasty demons to help him.
Elhana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2001, 12:02 PM   #8
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

I didn't even get a chance to kill him I thought I was doing it right, by reading the scroll and then having him let me out, but then I talked to the knights and it was over?!? I thought "what the hell" is that it, but it wouldn't let me back down to the final level and so I just left. I have a save game, so should I go back and kill him, or is it not worth my time. I did get 80000XP for reading the scroll and another 10000XP for talking with the knights...do I get more if I fight Demogorgon?

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
I've got to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the time
Moridin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2001, 12:27 PM   #9
rodimus
The Magister

Spoiler:
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
Yep, first you have to go outside and tell the knights, that hes dead, then talk to the ghost, tell her, that you want to kill demogorgon (10000 XP), then go back into the dungeon, kill the SoaB, and get 100000 XP per Character, thats pretty much, though (spoiler):
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
Demogorgon has no worth equipment, but the fight is a good, tough one
rodimus is offline   Reply With Quote