Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2001, 06:40 PM   #1
Falster
Welcomed New User

Got to the severed hand and I seem to be stuck. Here is the situation. I found all the mechanisms for the Astrolabe and I am sure I gave them to the guy to fix it (unfortunately I didnt give then to him at the same time. The problem is the game wont go any further. I even killed him after saving the game and he had 3 of the 4 pieces on him. The machine looks like it is working and I dont know where the other piece is. I went over every square inch of the hand and looked at all the spoilers and no luck. I even tried to get the cheat code. But as I understand it you need to know how to edit code to get the cheat to work.

Any suggestions? other than starting over.

I also got the 1.06 patch.

------------------
Falster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 09:46 PM   #2
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

The 4th piece is located in a separate section of the Hand, you can only access it through the elevator on the 3rd (or second, don't remember) floor. The elevator looks like a bridge and it links two sections of a level together, when your cursor is on it, the cursor should change to the "travel wheel".

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Accord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 10:49 PM   #3
Falster
Welcomed New User

I appriciate your reply. I found the location for where all the pieces should be and searched all the spots. I am sure I got the one you are talking about (looks like a wheel with cogs on it). I think the problem is more in the fact that the computer isnt recognizing I gave him all the pieces.

I also know that the journal states I got a piece from the elf that I had to kill. So that = 4. I really dont know what else to do.

Falster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 09:41 AM   #4
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

I think i dont have any saved games there, but you could ask for a savegame in this position and import your characters in.

------------------
"Let my spells do the dirty work" Ertai, High Sorceror of the Holy Flame
Xanthul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 09:56 AM   #5
Zateel
Zhentarim Guard

If you have the patch installed, you can create the four pieces. If you have not already done so, edit the Icewind file (you can go to windows explorer, then program files, then Black Isle, then Icewind Dale, and finally the "Icewind" folder. Double click this and Note Pad will open a text file. Go down to "game options", and immediately under that heading, add the line

CHEATS=1

Then save the file. When you're playing your game, hold down CTRL and TAB and a line at the bottom of the screen will open up. Type "CHEATERSDOPROSPER:CreateItem("PIECE1") and hit enter. Use CTRL + TAB to open and close this line and repeat with PIECE2, PIECE3, and PIECE4. They will all appear in your lead character's inventory.

If you know all about cheating, I don't mean to be condescending, I just wanted you to have pretty thorough instructions. If you have all four pieces in your inventory and you still can't get anywhere, I don't know what to say. Hope this helps

------------------
and the flaming sword turning every way, guards the tree of life.
Zateel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 02:03 PM   #6
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Yeah, or Dalekeeper.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Accord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 03:52 PM   #7
Leafy
Zhentarim Guard

I've had similar frustrations with this quest. Mostly because the guy you give the pieces to does not actually complete your quest. See, even after you give him all four pieces, he still gives the same script asking you to return when you find more. In fact, the astrolabe may be assembled already. If so, talk to Laurel, and he will take you into the cut scene with mas exp and stuff. If laurel still babbles about the 'whirling, twirling' astrolabe, then i dunno what to say.
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote