Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2002, 07:38 PM   #11
jersey_
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Proboards is back up and working.

My withdrawl symptoms are subsiding.

[img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]
Old 01-27-2002, 07:40 PM   #12
vesselle
Hathor

hey hey hey, guys! [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] thanks for all the tips!

being that we are still a very low lvl party (between 8 and 10) and no portal spells yet, or tons of money, i will have to learn some patience.

i know some of the regular ways to get refreshed from my other parties, but you gave me some great ideas i didn't know about.

i try to harvest Braffit and the others, too, but he's offering me one measly magic nectar every 36 hours or so. and the others in arnika seem to be out. i try to go regularly, no matter what else i do, and just buy the magic nectars.

i was hoping to stock up for the trynton park area. but no luck.
still haven't found any mana stones yet. iirc, i first encountered them in marten's bluff/t'rang area. so i will just have to be patient.

anyway, i was really hoping, since my 2 girlie bishops are such great alchemists, that i could get them to make magic nectar. [img]graemlins/verysad.gif[/img]

it would be so perfect, doncha think? like if you could make renewals and restorations, then combine those to make a magic nectar? i have both of those coming out the wazoo i could set up a stand and sell 'em to everyone!! wowee!! i could be buff and really rich, too!

remember arcanum? if you bought a recipe, then you could learn to make special things? that was a pretty tight system. it would work so well in this game, too.

::sighs:: my brothers tell me i'm just a dreamer, y'know? and they make it sound like a bad thing! ::smiles::

V***V

::who will continue to perservere, nonetheless::
Old 01-27-2002, 10:02 PM   #13
Naugrim
Elite Waterdeep Guard

As far as mana stones go, I've run across several of them so far, and I haven't gone past the Swamp yet (well I went to the wilderness area that links to the swamp and did the big battle there *winces at the memory*, but that's it). It sounds like I may have a few levels on you, though (11 or 12, I believe, is my average level), so that may have something to do with it..
Naugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2002, 10:21 PM   #14
Goumindong
Manshoon

I also have a 4 caster party, and what i do when i need mana is this...

make a portal with alch, portal out with priest top trang teleport. rest, portal back in. NO new monsters, and full life+mana.

Dont worry about respawning monsters much. if you get an elemental or two up, you can hack through about anything without having to cast once all buffs/incapicates are up
Goumindong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 03:19 AM   #15
Warhammer
Baaz Draconian

4 caster parties unite.

The **BEST** thing to do is to portal back and forth to the fountain in Trynton. It is better than sleeping since you can gain all your spell points after casting all the high duration spells and the monsters do not have the time to respawn.

In my previous game 4 casters + fighter + ranger, my party haven't slept from level 15 to level 29, except a couple of time to allow Ferro to finish custom items and respawn his inventory.
Old 01-28-2002, 09:44 AM   #16
DraconisRex

quote:
Originally posted by vesselle:
anyone know if an alchemist can make magic nectar? it's so hard for us to find and my bishops chug it down like it was water. i sure would love to be able to make it for them.

poor girls. they can't afford to keep pooping out halfway thru a battle.

thanks!

V***V

I think they may need intervention, followed by NA (Necter Anon..) 12-step meetings. This will help them over-come their addiction.
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?<br /><br />Vah! Denuone Latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur.<br /><br />Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
DraconisRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 09:45 AM   #17
DraconisRex

Vesselle,

In your "from" you have: "stormy blue waters of nanakuli"

Did you move back to Hawaii? Or is this just your heart... As mine is in San Francisco?
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?<br /><br />Vah! Denuone Latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur.<br /><br />Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
DraconisRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 12:30 PM   #18
KraGorn
The Magister

quote:
Originally posted by Warhammer:
4 caster parties unite.
The **BEST** thing to do is to portal back and forth to the fountain in Trynton. It is better than sleeping since you can gain all your spell points after casting all the high duration spells and the monsters do not have the time to respawn.

Ah excellent, an exploit just like Town Portal in M&M [img]graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Just kidding, sounds like it saves a lot of tedium.