Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2001, 03:01 AM   #1
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
I can hardly breath. Litreally. This is very shocking to me. Not that Jagr leaves pitsburhg but to the Capitols?

I know, Ziroc, this should be in the other NHL thread, but (IMO) this is simply to big.

Well I am going to try and go to bed now. Witch I am sure wont work...

------------------

So if in the forest look behind you, because that where the ranger is going to be
Old 07-13-2001, 03:07 AM   #2
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Grand Ranger!
ah...your loss i feel!

Jagr got traded for a bag of pucks.
It's sad.

What can be said about your team Grand Ranger...
Mario is gonna have ta kick into high gear. And if
anyone can do it it's him. Playing with Kovalev would
probably be a good match.
what a lame process to go through for a fan...

Enter DC on the other hand...
Your rockin now!
If Oates sticks around. Oates and Jagr were tied
for lead in assists last season. Add Bondra and
Kolzig in net... lookin good...but the injury curse
will get em...

[This message has been edited by Djinn Raffo (edited 07-13-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Djinn Raffo (edited 07-13-2001).]
Old 07-13-2001, 10:03 AM   #3
Conan

The office for selling tickets here has been swamped! They have sold over 300 season tickets since his signing. 23 million over 2 years to Jagr is nothing to Ted compared to this.

------------------
Boo misses me, I gotta go.

Old 07-13-2001, 10:22 AM   #4
Waluin

As much as Jagr is a big physical prowess loss for the PeeGee's, I take personal anger at him going to the Capitols! GAG ME WITH A SPOON!

One thing about Mario that you should NEVER forget, and I believe this:

There was an old news story in Pittsburg where they were interviewing people about Mario's retirement at the time. One old hockey fan was asked "do you think Mario is quite possibly one of the best to ever play the game?"

Of course, most of the replies before him were really short and stupid like "yeah" and "yes, because he rocks!".

But the old guy turned to the camera and said, "He is the best, and you want to know why? Take Gretzky, for example. A great man to ever play the game, but he and our Mario have one distinct difference. Gretzky was often great because he was surrounded by greatness. Good players. Not always, but often. Lemieux is always good, no matter what. He is skill on ice, no matter who plays his wingman. He can turn a decent team into a dream team. Each man who plays with him is changed. That is why he was the best, and will stay that way."

Now, this was a rather syrupy/emotional moment, but I tend to somewhat agree with that assertation.

All the big guy has to do is turn up the heat, and Jagr's loss wont be as smittingly bad as some say. Well, at least that's my hope.
Old 07-13-2001, 10:37 AM   #5
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

and you could say ther same for michael jordan...

well, Jagr to Washington? Olaf Kolzig was a laugh last season, well at least in the playoffs...

Who was traded for Jagr? i mean was it a big one or did Wash only had to catch him for the biga bucks?

At least Colorado is still intact except for Jon Klemm and Bourque, who retired...

at least he got it!

------------------

Yukishiro Tomoe
Old 07-13-2001, 11:02 AM   #6
AngelofDeath
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by Bahamut:
and you could say ther same for michael jordan...

well, Jagr to Washington? Olaf Kolzig was a laugh last season, well at least in the playoffs...

Who was traded for Jagr? i mean was it a big one or did Wash only had to catch him for the biga bucks?

At least Colorado is still intact except for Jon Klemm and Bourque, who retired...

at least he got it!

He was traded for prospects.....I hope the pens didn't shot themselves in the foot. Actually, that kid Breech(i think it's his name), might do well, but who's to say.

And I agree with the old guy......
Old 07-13-2001, 12:54 PM   #7
Serath
Manshoon

Kris Beech is supposed to have a bright future. But trading away a prime player for three kids with a total number of 0 big league minutes? Sounds kinda risky to me...

Serath
Old 07-14-2001, 09:54 AM   #8
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

not really if you have no money, and the prime player wants to be traded, and if ou have a mario lemieux still, it aint that bigga deal..

------------------

Yukishiro Tomoe