Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2004, 03:02 PM   #51
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Well Knightscape, we disagree with each other, and will have to simply leave it at that.
Old 09-10-2004, 04:21 PM   #52
Knightscape
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hierophant:
Well Knightscape, we disagree with each other, and will have to simply leave it at that.
Agree to disagree it is then [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-10-2004, 04:34 PM   #53
Knightscape
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer128:
Nor did I try to do so. Point is, we often do overlook the human rights situation in Chechnya. Granted, the Council of Europe has issued a few warnings, but I don't think anything concrete has been done. Putin just points at the terrorists/freedom fighters, waves his magic wand, mutters the words 'international terrorism' and everyone looks the other way.
Although I do think there is a distinct difference between the terrorists and freedom fighters. Freedom fighters put on uniforms and fought Russian soldiers. Whether or not you agree with Chechnyan independence these (rebels/freedom fighters/soldiers) should not be labeled terrorist. Individuals that targeted and killed children are nothing more than terrorists, no matter their background. Their leaders ( the ones that sent them to do this) are terrorists and others that may follow in the hostage takers footsteps will be terrorists.
Old 09-11-2004, 01:58 AM   #54
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Hahaha, well, I'm not so sure 'uniforms' and 'freedom' go hand in hand
Old 09-11-2004, 06:51 PM   #55
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by Knightscape:
quote:
Originally posted by Avatar:
quote:
Originally posted by Knightscape:
Quote:
[qb]

What can we use to guide us if not our morality and logic?
I disagree.

I think we are no more extreme than anyone else deep down. We are all animals, but we have not tasted war and terror like some have. If we do, I fear we are just as animalistic as others.

We can not imagine what it is like. It is wrong to sit here and apply our morals and sensibility.

We can try and prevent things but to pass judgement makes us too aristocratic.
Everytime you give your opinion you are basing it on your morals and sensibility.

You make judgements every time a new situation occurs. Just by saying that " to pass judgement makes us too aristocratic" you have made a judgement.
[/QUOTE]omg, ur so annoying! Fine!

So there are only 2 possibilities.

1) If i am right then no one should speak and we should all shut up and do what we have to do (which is cool [img]smile.gif[/img] )
What is the point in analyzing something we did or something someone else did, when we know EXACTLY why they did it?

2) If i am wrong, but you are saying passing judgement is not aristocratic and it is right. Which I think it's fine if you are bored and only entertain yourself.
Old 09-11-2004, 07:01 PM   #56
Vampire

Ok, I'm bored with all this:

BASICALLY:

Russia invaded Chechnya, call it what you will. "reclaim", "restore".. whatever. They did what they thought was the in the best interests of their country, after letting go so many large areas of land.

So Chechians got pissed off and natrually started fighting back, and quite effectively.

Russian soldiers where pissed off and did some horrific things, as soldiers do when they go through hell!

Germans did it to Russians, Russians did it to Germans, Americans and Brits did it to the Germans. Its war! What do you expect?

So Chechyans come back and do it to the Russians!

Yes they are children... women, men... yes yes yes... it's a sad but realistic aspect of life that has been with us since the beginning!

If you go and attack someone you expect retribution!

If Russia mis-calculated, then Putin looses election.

It's a shock, but if u think about it.. it's sadly to put it... normal...

When did we not have children killed, women tortured and men murdered?

This is all in one go... but life goes on.

Tomorrow I might die in a bomb explosion, but that is the choice I made to live in this country. I am also enjoying its wonderful education and health system [img]smile.gif[/img]

You can't just live in a wonderful country, expect nothing to not only go wrong with you, and any where else.

Expect fuel prices to stay the same and your country to let every bit of its land to go as they please. And then when thy do go, and you loose your job (believe me you might very will do if you work in the servie industry), you will be like: WHAT THE ***** did you let them go for?

But that is different because it's not your country, its another country....

So don't just sit there and pass judgement about others, when it could be you tomorrow. Will you act differently?
Old 09-11-2004, 07:06 PM   #57
Vampire

Oh I am sorry Knightscape!

I just passed judgement on EVERYONE! Oh no, I guess everything I said is rubbish and I have defeated my own arguement!

Darn! What would Jesus have done when he said: don't pass judgement on others as you wouldn't like to be judged yourself.

And then you came along and said those lines: "Everything you say is passing a judgement"

Do you think Jesus would have heard you, or will he just ignore you?

Or will he say: "foolish child!" [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-11-2004, 08:51 PM   #58
Knightscape
Manshoon

Quote:
Oh I am sorry Knightscape!
For what, disagreeing? I live in a free country, disagreements are allowed.

Quote:
I just passed judgement on EVERYONE! Oh no, I guess everything I said is rubbish and I have defeated my own arguement!
Well you did defeat your own arguement anyways.

Quote:
Darn! What would Jesus have done when he said: don't pass judgement on others as you wouldn't like to be judged yourself.

And then you came along and said those lines: "Everything you say is passing a judgement"
Actually what I said was "

Everytime you give your opinion you are basing it on your morals and sensibility.

You make judgements every time a new situation occurs. Just by saying that " to pass judgement makes us too aristocratic" you have made a judgement. "

and I stick by that statement.

[/QUOTE]
Do you think Jesus would have heard you, or will he just ignore you?

Or will he say: "foolish child!" [img]tongue.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]

What Jesus would or would not say I would not be so arrogant as to presume.
If you wish to study and follow the teachings of Jesus that is your prerogative.
Old 09-11-2004, 08:57 PM   #59
Jorath Calar
Harper

Sheesh, this thread would be funny as hell if the topic wasn't so serious and gutwrenchingly sad, go ahead boys, fight some more.

I just like to say, killing children can never be justified, what ever sympathy the chechens had from the world is surly gone now...
Old 09-11-2004, 09:55 PM   #60
Knightscape
Manshoon

Quote:

Ok, I'm bored with all this:

BASICALLY:

Russia invaded Chechnya, call it what you will. "reclaim", "restore".. whatever. They did what they thought was the in the best interests of their country, after letting go so many large areas of land.

So Chechians got pissed off and natrually started fighting back, and quite effectively.

Russian soldiers where pissed off and did some horrific things, as soldiers do when they go through hell!

Germans did it to Russians, Russians did it to Germans, Americans and Brits did it to the Germans. Its war! What do you expect?
I expect civilians, especially children, not to be targeted.

Quote:
So Chechyans come back and do it to the Russians!

Yes they are children... women, men... yes yes yes... it's a sad but realistic aspect of life that has been with us since the beginning!
Because it has been done in the past does not justify it.

Quote:
If you go and attack someone you expect retribution!

If Russia mis-calculated, then Putin looses election.

It's a shock, but if u think about it.. it's sadly to put it... normal...

When did we not have children killed, women tortured and men murdered?

This is all in one go... but life goes on.

Tomorrow I might die in a bomb explosion, but that is the choice I made to live in this country. I am also enjoying its wonderful education and health system [img]smile.gif[/img]

You can't just live in a wonderful country, expect nothing to not only go wrong with you, and any where else.

Expect fuel prices to stay the same and your country to let every bit of its land to go as they please. And then when thy do go, and you loose your job (believe me you might very will do if you work in the servie industry), you will be like: WHAT THE ***** did you let them go for?

But that is different because it's not your country, its another country....

So don't just sit there and pass judgement about others, when it could be you tomorrow. Will you act differently?
I would not go and try to kill children. Would you?