Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2003, 11:07 PM   #1
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

Today, I have been having a bit of a problem. I can't use hyperlinks that link outside of Ironworks. Even following a link to the old War Forum, my IE 6 froze. The rest of my programs, including MSN and WinAmp3 keep running fine. I can go through the forums to posts and to other forums, and hyperlinks outside of the site work fine. Does anyone know what would cause this? I'm running Internet Explorer 6 with Windows XP, fully updated.

EDIT => Alright, the problem is with anything that will open a new window. Even Preview Post crashes it right down. When I say crash, I mean the computer acts almost as though IE is a blank screen. This is probably an IE problem. Any suggestions?

[ 09-12-2003, 11:14 PM: Message edited by: True_Moose ]
Old 09-13-2003, 12:44 AM   #2
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

hmmm, how odd, thought it was just my computer doing that :S mine has been acting strange too, and it has also got to the point of locking up, and when I have to do a hard reboot, the moniter can not find the pc, could it be a bug? or a virus? my husband downloaded stuff, even after I told him not to, so do not blame me this time Larry [img]tongue.gif[/img] , another problem I found, and this is funny, never let a child beat on the side of the comp, it causes it to lock up
Old 09-13-2003, 03:02 PM   #3
WillowIX
Apophis

Reboot? Or you've tried that? Clean out your temp files so there's nothing bad lying around there. Other than that all I can think of is re-install IE or get yourself a decent browser instead.
Old 09-13-2003, 05:36 PM   #4
Gnarf
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
another problem I found, and this is funny, never let a child beat on the side of the comp, it causes it to lock up
I'll remember only to let adults beat the puter [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-13-2003, 05:39 PM   #5
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

Anyway, it finally worked, after defragging the drive and three (!) restarts. Very strange. Anyways, it's fixed, so I won't be asking for answers. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-13-2003, 06:41 PM   #6
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Quote:
Originally posted by Stormymystic:
hmmm, how odd, thought it was just my computer doing that :S mine has been acting strange too, and it has also got to the point of locking up, and when I have to do a hard reboot, the moniter can not find the pc, could it be a bug? or a virus? my husband downloaded stuff, even after I told him not to, so do not blame me this time Larry [img]tongue.gif[/img] , another problem I found, and this is funny, never let a child beat on the side of the comp, it causes it to lock up
Yes kids and the puter, does not mix. I had to put up one of those gates going into the computer room. I would walk in there and Sydney is standing there turing the computer on and off. Then I think to my self how long has she been there for.
Old 09-14-2003, 07:24 AM   #7
wellard
Dracolisk

Light Bulb

And here is me thinking this thread would be an expose of LINK's sordid personal life [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 09-14-2003, 07:32 AM   #8
Legolas
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by wellard:
And here is me thinking this thread would be an expose of LINK's sordid personal life [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
I know, I was somewhat disappointed myself [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]

Say NO to the Trouser Tyranny!
Old 09-14-2003, 08:08 PM   #9
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

I got a similar problem, and it was a corrupt dll.

In my case, it was oleaut32.dll. What is your OS?

[ 09-14-2003, 08:19 PM: Message edited by: Luvian ]
Old 09-15-2003, 07:37 AM   #10
Link
Jack Burton

This is just flaming! I'm being flamed here! And no mod who notices it! Suddenly I'm a problem, and I'm strange! [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]

*reads subject*

Oh.. hang on As you were gentlemen [img]tongue.gif[/img]