Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2001, 08:46 PM   #71
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

~A growling but nonetheless concerned voice is heard from behind.~ "Chani!" ~She turns slowly, afraid of the gruff sound. Her father was again in sight. He continues.~ "Chani, you have to run! Go now!" ~A fierce creature forms from the black mist behind.~ "GO CHANI! Forgive me for all the wrongs I have done unto you and remember me for that I tried... GO!" ~Pulling his katana he turns to the fierce creature, fighting to protect her. Killing Spree runs behind a nearby tree and sobs.~ "No... Not again... You can't hurt me like this again!" ~Warm red liquid splashes cross her wrist, twas her father's last circulating blood. The katana skidding to the ground near her feet. Grabbing it she runs as she had never before, not bothering to stop until she made it to a rushing river to wash the blood from her arm. But it would not... The shape of a scythe remained, a tear dropping to the river.~ "Forgive the sins of trying to keep, the one I toss forever in sleep..." ~She sniffs, fingering the red scythe.~ "Did you know you'd plague my dreams for eternity when you gifted me so father? Did you?" ~She sighs.~ "I forgive you... You... You just came too late..." ~She gets up, walking down the endless dream laberynth of a forest.~

~In reality the red scythe turns to blood, and her breath is sharp.~

------------------
"A man who won't die for something is not fit to live."

[This message has been edited by Killing Spree (edited 10-10-2001).]
Old 10-10-2001, 08:56 PM   #72
Deiter Leafblade
Emerald Dragon

ooc: Sorry all I'm back. Had a family event to go to And thanks Larry for covering for me

Deiter pulled up a chair, and watched Killing Spree with worried eyes. He felt horrible that he could do nothing for her, but watch over her. Deiter placed his hand over hers hopeing she would be able to come back to them all."What am I thinking? She will come back to us." He thought to himself"Came back to us Chani.." The half elf wispered in the quiet room.

------------------

" If you are guided by the stars, you will only be able to travel by night. If you are guided by a map, you will be dependant on a piece of paper that is easily lost. If you are guided by your soul, you will always choose the right path."
Old 10-10-2001, 09:22 PM   #73
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

~She shudders and closes her eyes, she found herself above the canopy, sheets of rain falling. A voice filled her head.~ "Come back... Come back to us Chani." ~She looks to the blackening sky.~ "Deiter..." ~She looks at the katana in her hands.~ "Let me go back to him... Please... I..." ~No further explanation is needed as the blue katana forms a ghostly shiloette of her father, his same wolf like voice speaking to her.~ "I should have known you'd be so strong... Go... Go back to him my little one... go back, but let me hold you one last time." ~The blue mist surrounds her and carries her upward through the clouds, and into conciousnous. Her last words of the dream were to Nightblade.~ "I will miss you..." ~The blue shilloette smiled.~ "You don't know the power of your words child..."

~The half-elf shudders, as if she were cold, though she was covered in blankets. She coughs, her head making a sudden jerk. She opened her eyes slowly, trying to adjust to the candle-light. She tries to bring her voice to speak, but she cannot. She lays stunned for a moment, trying to make sure she wasn't still dreaming. Finally she brings herself to a dazed stutter.~ "D...Ddd..." ~She reaches out her hand, her eyes making their way to her side where he sat.~

Old 10-10-2001, 09:29 PM   #74
Deiter Leafblade
Emerald Dragon

-Deiter's heart lifted when the half elf woke up."Looks like you made it." He said with smile as he held both of her hands in his."How do you feel?"-

------------------

" If you are guided by the stars, you will only be able to travel by night. If you are guided by a map, you will be dependant on a piece of paper that is easily lost. If you are guided by your soul, you will always choose the right path."
Old 10-10-2001, 09:32 PM   #75
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Once again, I lose all track of time. I wonder how my friends are? Killing Spree did not look too well since I last saw her… I do hope she is alright… ~ Mistral muses as she stares into the air blankly. At the sound of the authoritative footsteps, she shakes her head as if to clear these thoughts and focuses on the figure who has just entered the room.

"In case I haven't already said so, Mistral, I despise you." Serephine's face is filled with contempt, "By all accounts, your father was a pillar of strength and valour. I wish I could say the same of you." ~ Grins at the barely touched plate of food ~ "Pining for your Larry?" ~ Picks up a piece of dried elven fruit and hurls it at Mistral's face viciously ~ "You don't deserve him… no, not at all…"

How dare she mention Larry's name? Who is she to him?!…

Chuckling softly at Mistral's expression, Serephine drawls on ~ "I rather fancy him. Just the right size for me, too… I was getting tired of Fabian anyway; he had no spunk. Come to think of it, Fabian would have fit you like a glove - he was one big coward - but even then, he has finally shown some spunk and actually managed to escape. He isn't worth my time anymore… no, I think your Larry might just do…"

"He is not MY Larry, but he happens to be a dear friend of mine!" Indignation stirs in every pore of Mistral. ~ Oh , poor Larry… please do not fall under her charm! How can I warn you? How can I save you? ~

"Not yours? Well then, that will make it even easier then!" Serephine bursts into a raucous laughter, her cackles pounding against Mistral's ear-drums. Even though the sea-elf's lithe body is shaking from the exertion, Mistral realises with dismay that it is enticing in an erotic way.

As the laughter ceases, Serephine wipes a tear from her eye and turns to Mistral. ~ "Enjoy your stay here, Mistral. I shall try to have my own fun… up in the world above." ~ With that, she leaves the room.

Exceedingly annoyed but aware that her chances of escape are slim, Mistral grumpily picks up some of the dried fruit and shoves some into the pockets of her robe. ~

(ooc: I will try to join everyone on Friday and Saturday for some live action. Am still working out how this can be done.

I also thought over the NWN problem on my way to work today. The best hope for the Deiter, K Spree and Kaz is during the school hols - eg summer and winter, when there is no school and you can basically agree on what time to play together without having to break off for school. Larry will be able to join you guys quite regularly, so that is not a problem. My only chance is to use my vacation leave but I seriously doubt 21 working days would be enough to complete the game - even then, my bosses might not agree to such a long period. Let me have another think for my side…)

[This message has been edited by mistral4543 (edited 10-10-2001).]
Old 10-10-2001, 09:39 PM   #76
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

~She coughs, but not as harshly as before. Her blue eyes looked unbelieving and wide, as if in fear he would disapear into thin air. She reaches out to touch his face.~ "Ddddd... Don't... Promise.... Pppromise you won't...." ~She takes a deep breath.~ "You won't... go away... Don't llleave me..." ~She coughs again, her eyes looking somehow peaceful.~ "Tell... Tell me... Don't go... Ddd... Deiter..." ~She swallows hard, wincing.~ "You won't... lleave me to?" ~Her head sinks into the pillow, she obviously had exerted much of her little energy into the speech.~

------------------
"A man who won't die for something is not fit to live."

Old 10-10-2001, 09:44 PM   #77
Deiter Leafblade
Emerald Dragon

-He brushed the side of her face with his fingers."I won't leave you...I promise"-

------------------

Old 10-10-2001, 09:52 PM   #78
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

~She exhales with a contented hum, looking up at him with half-closed eyes. Her voice is somewhat re-oriented as she speaks, though still shakily.~ "You don't know the power of your words..." ~Her warm hand continues to hold his cheek, noticing his relieved face.~ "I will be... fine..." ~Her eyes look up at him happily.~
Old 10-10-2001, 09:58 PM   #79
Deiter Leafblade
Emerald Dragon

-He smiles at her relieved that she was ok."You should get some sleep, its getting pretty late out."-

------------------

Old 10-10-2001, 10:05 PM   #80
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Larry wanders through the streets, mindlessly. He does not know where to go. He keeps thinking of Mistral being captured...of Spree lying near death, and has no answers to solver either of them. But at least he could find Brightblade...if only he knew where to go. That was the trick. Where would an old man hide a blade that his own daughter might someday run into it.
Soon, he passes by the same tavern that he had visited earlier. The old dwarf was outside, passed out drunk, and still holding his cup. Larry walked up to him, looked at his body, and saw Spree's dagger that Larry had used to buy information with. Larry reached down and recovered the dagger. He was no thief, but nowadays, he did not really know who he was.
Larry wandered on through the streets, occasionally asking if anyone had seen an old man wandering around a few days ago. Nobody could offer any help. Soon, Larry crossed the path of a temple garden. It was rather nice to look at. The temple was Mystra's,...the Goddess of magic. Larry thought of Mistral when he read the sign that had the Goddess's name.
He was not the first to notice that his sword was glowing brighter. A man, coming out of the temple, motioned for Larry to come closer.

"Mister, I don't recommend you allow your Katana to glow so brightly. It will attract attention from unwanted men of the night."

For the first time, Larry looked at his blade. Indeed it was very illuminated.

"Could it be because of being so near the temple of the Goddess of Magic?"
Larry inquired.

"Hardly, sir. Mystra would not allow for us to have that, for reasons of giving away too many secrets. If it were so, my body would be lit like a Christmas tree!"

Larry was about to inquire just what a christmas tree was, but decided he had already chatted too long. He had a job to do. Looking at his sword, he asked it...

"If you have something to say to me, you had better start talking. What is with all the light?"

Oddly enough, the sword just glared back at him.

Larry began to search his surroundings. There was the temple, a wagon dealer across the way, the tavern, the garden beside the temple, a rat in the street, a statue in the garden of a man holding his little girl in the air in the event of playing, another rat in the street, a hat shop. Not much.

Larry froze still.

Did he see a greenish light somewhere??

He looked back at the garden. There it was...faint, yet it seemed to be near the statue. A father...holding his daughter into the air, playing...green light...

Larry nearly lost his wits, as those blasted stars was spinning again.

He looked around to see that nobody was watching him, then crept over to the statue. He followed the greenish light until he came to a pile of leaves. He brushed the leaves away from the light, then fell back as the radiance nearly blinded him. Nightblade was humming in his hand now, and Larry had to sheath her. He reached down and picked up the new Katana. It was as beautiful as his own, Nightblade.

So, you are Brightblade! I wonder how you get your name!
I cannot believe I found you, with no fighting, bloodshed, or anything!
Today is my lucky day!"

"Mine too, mister!"

Larry wheeled around, startled by the interuption.
There was a man, clothed in dark robes, and a long-sword in his hand.
Larry instinctively brought Brightblade up in defense. His other hand brought Nightblade out from her rest to join her apparent sister-sword. The flash of blue and green light filled the garden, making it a ghostly image to behold.

"Give me those swords, fool.
You don't even know their power!
I will kill you for them, unless you hand them over."

Larry dug his heel into the ground.
Obviously, he was about to have the action he had expected.

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 10-10-2001).]