Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 11:06 PM   #51
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Even as the others debated on what to do, the bandit guard leader nodded to the two snipers and they drew their bows - no longer just notched, they were aimming for the party now that violence had taken place and would likely not shoot just to wound, but shoot to kill.

At this range the chances are the arrows would start falling thick and fast with no way for the party to shield themselves (save through magic), and would need to take cover in the copse. In addition, the party would not be able to reach the archers in time, save through some miraculous quirk of fate. The three new guards moved in front of the leader and the pikemen and began to advance slowly, their movements wary and cautious... it was clear to all that the bandits wanted them(the party) as far away from here as possible and quickly - one way or another. The leader was becoming nervous at the debate and lack of definate action and would soon use all means at his disposal to dispose of the party...

Isokla seeing this, tugged on Detheriel urgently, her eyes pleading for them to leave before blood was spilt...

Old 07-27-2005, 04:15 AM   #52
dplax
Jack Burton

Nivram

Having nothing better to do and knowing that drunk and alone was an even more depressive state to be in, Nivram decided that he was going to follow all these people to wherever they went.

The guards attacking was a bad sign though. Nivram looked around to see whether he could see any cover next to him.

[ 07-27-2005, 04:21 AM: Message edited by: dplax ]
Old 07-27-2005, 04:28 AM   #53
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Telryn Gale

The pikemen started to approach. Even if they started to fight them, the snipers would finish them off with ease. After all, he wasn't exactly what you'd call a small target.

"We have to get out of here," He muttered urgently, "Into the forest, quickly, and keep down. I have a feeling this won't be over too soon."

He turned to the man on the floor.

"Sorry for the whole pushing, but time for apologies later. Get up and follow us," He said quickly.

He started to move very quickly into the forest, checking behind him to see if the rest of them were following. The dense bushes would be enough to hide even his large body, and it was safer than standing in clear view of the bandits.

[ 07-27-2005, 04:33 AM: Message edited by: Ivelliis ]
Old 07-27-2005, 07:21 AM   #54
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Detheriel

The time for debate was over. He quickly judged the distance to the forest and made up his mind. Strapping his bow to his back and placing the arrow in its quiver he gave Isokla an apologetic look. "Forgive me Lady" he said, bending down and encircling her waist with his arm.

Grunting with the effort, half-lifting and half-carrying her, Detheriel set off at a fast jog in Delryn's footsteps.

OOC: I didn't think with a strength of 2 that I'd be able to lift her up bodily with all her kit.
Old 07-27-2005, 07:55 PM   #55
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

OOC: That's fine, Shamrock. She's not so injured (apparently) that she can't hobble along... [img]smile.gif[/img] . Besides, picking up a lady and hauling her over your shoulder wouldn't be a wise move given her current mood, I'd say. .
I'll let you others post for a bit before I post the rest of the reactions. Here's a short post of Isokla's actions.
---
Nodding in gratitude, Isokla accepted Detheriel gracefully and somehow, managed to hobble along at a reasonable pace. It wasn't fast by any means, but it wasn't slow either. Almost as though she were accustomed to moving when wounded. By now, the bleeding had stopped thanks to the group's various aid.
Old 07-27-2005, 09:08 PM   #56
Saliarasri
The Magister

Kagarioni is in front, keeping an eye out as she listens, commenting as she walks "With any luck, the soilders won't follow us in the forest."
Old 07-27-2005, 09:27 PM   #57
Legolas
Jack Burton

Ydalon

And so it was that the youngster led the band of strangers through the woodlands, ranging ahead and back in his scoutings, now moving swiftly forward and then falling back to pick up any stragglers. It was clear he enjoyed being on the move, and felt confident directing the group. He never did say he knew where he was going, or that he'd guarantee zero contact with other bandits.

Their route roughly followed the river's course, though it was not always in plain view, and from time to time the path they carved themselves brought them so deeply into the woods that even the rushing of the waters became inaudible.

As they walked, he asked each in turn their names, where they came from, where they were going, and what for. There would be no better time for introductions and the exchange of news than now, during the few good hours they had...

OOC: I'd lead you all the way but CD's pm box is full again and I've yet to discuss a thing or two. Meanwhile, feel free to tell your character's story, or a lie, or nothing at all. Ask questions where appropriate and don't mind the chronological order much until we get to where we're going.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:26 PM   #58
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

Zak, though somewhat discouraged by the large fellows act of violence earlier, followed the group nonetheless. Even though he kept to the back,scouting,and keeping an ear on the conversation. He had thought about killing the big man, he probably would have too giving the fact that the man had challenged him, but alas,he had reappeared to close to them, so he decided to play a little game with them.He slipped in and out of shadow, running quickly, not making a sound except for the rustle of leaves. He stopped right next to a limping Iskola. And decided to explain his actions. "My dear lady," he said in his low voice. "I would like to expalin myself.I am Zakaria, i am a-mercanari, shall we say for the time being? Back there, i was going to help your band by dispersing some of those gaurds." he pulled back his cloak sleeve to show her his throwing knives and "accidently" reaveled his family crest tatoo.
"These would have killed the archers. And i'm sure i could've easily slit the throats of the one or two bandits in the woods. But,your group ran like scared little children."
he leaned and whisperd in her ear very quietly. "Next time your big friend lays an unwanted hand on me,i swear to you he will be touching nothing ever again."
And he slipped back into the shadow again,and fell to the back.

[ 07-27-2005, 10:29 PM: Message edited by: DrowArchmage ]
Old 07-27-2005, 11:23 PM   #59
Dalamar Stormcrow
Banned User

Narar

Seeing as how the action fizzled into a threat from the bandints and a simple fleeing by the group, Narar seemed to have nothing better to do than follow them. After wasting all the money he just earned for pass of the bridge, it seemed the only "fun" choice was to follow the group who had just darted to the forest. After travelling a ways away, as some of the party began to talk, Narar noted as they talked of their backgrounds and ancestry. He also noticed out of the corner of his eye someone who wasn't there before. He had the look of a sorcerer about him, his red hood covering his whole face.

Ansolon

While watching the following events unfold from the crowd of peasants, Ansolon very much enjoyed the actions of Narar and grew a prejudice for the shrouded one. Seeing as the girl was suffering a stab wound from a rather large polearm, he was to see if he could manipulate the situation into servicing the lady's wound in exchange for some silver, possibly even a sovereign. He noticed that the man called Narar noticed his presence, he looked brutish enough, no wits about him. 'He could be manipulated easily, if Narar invested some trust unto me...' thought Ansolon; planning how each could be manipulated as they told their life stories....

[ 07-28-2005, 11:14 AM: Message edited by: Dalamar Stormcrow ]
Old 07-28-2005, 07:35 AM   #60
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

OOC: A quickie for Isokla, because, simply, I couldn't resist . Btw, like the posts so far, DrowArchmage. They're getting better. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Btw - as a sidenote, do note that this is not personal - it is just Isokla's character and she loathes mercenaries... for reasons to do with her past.
---
"Address me with such familiarity again and you shall regret it, child." Isokla intoned coldly, her cool blue eyes boring into Zak. "Your ancestral crest means nothing to me, nor do your pathetic threats. Lean in such once more, and you will sorely wish you had not." Her tone was scornful, disregarding Zakaria's words entirely and not bothering to introduce herself.
"I have no need of mercenaries, nay, never would I stoop so low as to hiring one such as you. Jackal." she sniffed, invoking the first half of the term 'dogs of war' "And for all your bragging, I doubt that you have any affinity with those knives of yours whatsoever." Isokla's eyes narrowed as her tone grew even sharper (were such a thing even possible), "You do not appear to have the 'knack' for it, nay, you seem more suited for brawling. After all, that is what you jackal-scum excel at, is it not?"

From the sounds of things, Isokla's distaste of mercenaries ran deep, bordering on personal hatred. If anything, one would mistake her tone of one full not only of cold fury, but also one of utter despise and rebuttal. Far more than was necessary...

As Zak faded back into the shadows, Isokla sneered, "Yes that's right - run like the hound you are. Lurk in the shadows waiting for scraps of carrion. Vulture. Jackal. Dog." She threw back an angry laugh, "Yes, we run like such children. Any fool can kill another - knowing restraint takes more than you obviously have." she rolled her eyes in disgust, "It is clear now who is the real child here... and I am done wasting words on you. Begone, jackal and do not show your face around here again. I cannot keep you from travelling with us, but pray that you are not wounded, for with such an attitude, none here will aid you. Nay, if they left you to rot, they would do this land a favour. You and all of your kind should die in agony like the dogs you are - and calling you that does a disservice to dogs!"

---
Edit: So you all know, Isokla keeps her tone clear, but low - and very sharp and crisp. It is plain that she makes no attempt to hide her words, and indeed, if everyone else is silent, you should hear the entire exchange between them - especially as she pulls back from Zak after he leans in. Just so you know. I forgot to add it in the actual post... sigh. Ah well. [img]smile.gif[/img] .

[ 07-28-2005, 07:41 AM: Message edited by: Calaethis Dragonsbane ]
Closed Thread