Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2006, 08:54 AM   #261
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Detheriel

Detheriel walked some distance in silence as he pondered Nivram's words. They were sensible words, after all, and he found himself wondering if he'd have to revise the initial opinion that he had formed of Nivram during their first hours together.

Fortunately, the answer to his question is much easier discovered than his true persona! Detheriel thought to himself with some amusement.

"I'm honoured you would seek my advice in such a manner Nivram" he admitted. "In fact, as you wish to avoid bloodshed in this matter, there is nothing you can do in such a position." Seeing the look of surprise cross Nivram's face, he continued. "Let me explain."

"Come the morrow, Zakaria will either attack you, or he will not. If he attacks you, then you will have to defend yourself."

"If he holds his magic, then no blood shall be spilled."

"The third possibility, that of killing him whilst he is weak, you have already ruled out with your words to me."

Detheriel paused and turned to him with a small smile.

"So you see, there is in fact no action you can take to resolve this situation. You must, I fear, trust that a night of sleep will awaken Zakaria's good-natured side." Detheriel couldn't resist a small chuckle at that thought.

"It is best to trust that the party will intervene to prevent such a conflict. Even with all his magic he cannot fight the entire group. He knows this and you must take comfort in it.

Detheriel thought for a moment. "You did ask what I would do in your place if I thought my life under threat, and I admit to not having answered your question. I would strike now and remove such a threat. But I do not believe such a course is one you would find comfortable. An honest farmer should not have to stoop to murder, even if it is in self defence."

[ 01-28-2006, 08:56 AM: Message edited by: shamrock_uk ]
Old 01-28-2006, 10:14 AM   #262
dplax
Jack Burton

Nivram

Nivram nodded.

"I agree with you. I was also planning on not initiating hostilities, but if he does so, I will defend myself."

"He shall just have to watch what he says. I know he has already greatly annoyed Isokla, and who knows who else."

Nivram thought about the way Zakaria had acted, trying analyse him with the knowledge he had about human behaviour, but he could not come up with an easy answer. He would have to spend time with the question.

"I thank you for your advice Detheriel."

It shall be wise to get to know him better, he seems to be a quite helpful chap. - Nivram thought to himself.

"Shall we go and join the others?" - he asked with a smile playing around the corners of his mouth.
Old 01-31-2006, 03:01 AM   #263
Legolas
Jack Burton

Ydalon

After a grin, and a mock salute, the boy turned to Zakaria.

"In a few hours, all the lords in the region'll come looking for us."
He seemed to take more pleasure in that thought than was appropriate.

"If we stop here, they find us and we fight. Keep moving, and we shouldn't see another soul until we're well across the Ryr, and kinder souls at that. We'll stop near that stream. Can you keep going until then or do we need to leave you behind?"
Old 02-01-2006, 04:42 PM   #264
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

Zakaria grinned.I'll be fine.So, thats where we're headed? The Ryr? That shouldn't be too far from here, only a few miles.Five or seven right? I'm usually not good with names, only landmarks.

[ 02-01-2006, 05:57 PM: Message edited by: DrowArchmage ]
Old 02-01-2006, 06:11 PM   #265
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Telryn Gale

The group had split. Isolka, Ydalon and Zakaria at the front, while Detheriel and Nirvam walked together behind him, Telryn was alone again.
He didn't mind so much. It was peaceful, and he could just walk in silence, not trying to force conversation.
His loot from the tower was quite nice. A smart piece of full plate, silver inlaid, well made. He'd have to get to an armoursmith as soon as possible.

Wearing his shield on his back he tried ramming as much as he could into his backpack. Carrying the rest underarm he walked on silently, following the trio at the front.
Old 02-08-2006, 07:55 PM   #266
Keal

Keal

Keal kept close to the group in between Zak and Nivram in the order and kept quiet for a while except for humming a couple tunes repeatedly until he finally said,"So what's at this Ryr place, or who, and what makes it, or them, important,"curiously,"There is a rreason right we're not just blindly looking for something right?"
Old 02-10-2006, 04:50 PM   #267
dplax
Jack Burton

Nivram

Nivram caught up with Keal just as he finished speaking, and since no one else seemed to be replying, Nivram ventured a reply of his own.

"I'm not exactly sure what this Ryr place is, the man to ask on that count would be Ydalon, he seems to be leading us there. But I think I know why we are headed there. I think we are following the trail of some bandits in the hopes of catching them, and not having them alert their companions to what was done to their watch tower."

Nivram glanced around to see what the others thought about his explanation.
Old 02-10-2006, 08:21 PM   #268
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

Zak cought what Nivram said and replied.Is that what you would do? Anyway, I would assume so, even though it dosn't seem as if we were following anyone by the way we're moving.he glanced at Ydalon to see if he would respond or not.
Old 02-11-2006, 05:54 PM   #269
Legolas
Jack Burton

Ydalon

"Earlier, in Ryndar" he explained, "you wanted to pass a lord's tollbooth on the Ryr. I don't know why, I won't ask. The only reason we're in this wood is you wanted a way across that didn't fill you up with arrows and pikeholes. I said I'd show you to it, and I will."

As he led them through the old green forest with a delighted smile and an adventurous twinkle in his eye, he answered the rest of the question.

"The Ryr's the river you can just hear roaring off in the distance. It gives life to this part of the outlands. Finding it is easy enough, it flows all the way from mountainous Waterspring to Lassalt's Delta by the sea. Around here, she gets pretty wild sometimes. Finding the Ryr is easy. We want to find a way across."

The sun was already starting to fail before Ydalon finally found what he was looking for. They had been following the deer trail for almost an hour, but it was not until he spotted the others branching out ahead like the limbs of a gnarled and ancient tree that the boy felt certain they were nearing their destination.
He turned to the others, pleased to have good news for them at last.

"We're close to the ford now. There's not much of a slope and the water's as shallow as it'll get. If we're quiet we might see some wildlife, it's a spot for drinking and gathering.
"But there's little chance at that with this kind of group.
"We'll cross the river and set up camp, so you can head off dry tomorrow. If you want to leave early, I won't stop you, but there'll be a few more things you'll need to know for your own safety. Doubt I'll talk of that tonight though, it'd be a poor time for it."

As the forest thinned, the river which had been in their ears for hours now at last came into full view once again. The banks on both sides were clear of tall or dense vegetation, and a near-cloudless sky could be seen overhead. The humidity which made the air damp and kept the fresh scents of the woodland close to ground seemed to stem from Ryrwater alone.
At a glance, the area was deserted.
Old 02-11-2006, 07:40 PM   #270
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Upon closer inspection of the area, faint rustling sounds could be heard, and were one to investigate, one would discover a shuffling, shifting figure bent over and hunchbacked rummaging through the various plants and bushes, occasionally taking a flower. None of the wildlife seemed to mind it, despite the fact the figure was concealed with a cowl, cloak and none of its features were visible. Wearing dark browns and patches of murky greens, it seemed to blend in well with the environment around it.

Whatever or whoever it was, did not seem to notice the party, or if it did, it ignored them.

Currently, it is about two hundred or so yards away from them, lurking around the outskirts of the clearing and has shown no hostile intent.. yet. Of course, what such a figure is doing out at this time doesn’t necessarily mean it is hostile; only that it isn’t something normal villagers would often do. It’s age, gender and appearance are all indeterminable and it has its back towards everyone.
Closed Thread