Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 06:28 AM   #181
Legolas
Jack Burton

Ydalon

With a low whistle, he announced his admiration of the strange clockwork mechanics. Or perhaps he marvelled at the Lords' skill in uncovering the secret passageway. It might even have been at the party's ability for problem solving. But whatever the case, he whistled.

After a last glance at the ceiling above, Ydalon descended the stairs along with the others. The exit closing behind was no concern of his, and the crates seemed of little importance. He was therefore keen to carry on into the next room, and the choice of doors was a simple one.

Giving a nod of the head, he wordlessly informed the others to open the right door.
Old 10-06-2005, 02:32 PM   #182
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

Hmmm. Where did they go? I cant "feel" them anymore. Lets just see. he used his stealth to slip into the darkness and into the tower, his spell autimatically vanished,he felt the sudden relif as the spell was lifted and he no longer held it. Damn, magic barrier. Flame come to me! his hand flickerd but nothing more. I could still be tired. he looked mildly supprised when he saw soldier boy there. He must've been proccupied with his lack of magical abbility at the moment.

[ 10-06-2005, 02:33 PM: Message edited by: DrowArchmage ]
Old 10-06-2005, 05:38 PM   #183
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

The right door held a set of winding stairs leading up towards the tower ground floor - and a second set, leading down further towards the second underground level basement. These stairs showed signs of recent use and the scent of smoke wafted from the place. The air was dang and murky and the smell of cheap candles being burnt could be felt stinging the eyes even from the top of the steps.

At the end of the steps down, there is another room: a narrow passageway of cut stone which follows for about twenty-five foot. At the end there is a door. The door is wooden, reinforced old oak, barred with metal bars. Surprisingly, it is unlocked.

Through the door is a room - a single, central chamber in a circular foundation, much like the room two stories upstairs. There are at least seven sleeping pallets and the bandits are currently resting, three sleeping and the last four playing cards. There is a firepit in the centre where a fire blazes merrily and cheap candle-sticks are where the torch brackets were upstairs. The washer is currently replacing the low burnt ones. All bandits have weapons near their side.
Old 10-07-2005, 02:24 PM   #184
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

He turned to Ydalon. So, what do we do? Charge in like heros or sneak? My magic isnt really working right now and i need time to recover. he kept his voice low,just in case. Telryn's in here as well isnt he? He might not be too handy if its close quarters fighting.
Old 10-08-2005, 02:18 PM   #185
Legolas
Jack Burton

Ydalon

His response was a cheerful grin.

"Looks like they're all there, and they've nowhere to run," Ydalon told them as he walked to the door.
He looked into the room ahead, rubbed his hands, and reached for the reinforced timber.

"My lords," he addressed the villains with courtesy and smile, "let all the Ryrdal praise your reluctant generosity."

Before the first bandit was half-way towards him, the old oak was well shut and barred.

"I'd say you drag something heavy over here and start looking for supplies to lend or chip."
Old 10-08-2005, 06:56 PM   #186
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

Interesting. So now my friend, how do you intend to get in there and get what they have stashed inside? I could, oh perhaps, fill the room with flame? I would like to however get that cheeky fellow's bow and arrows.
Old 10-17-2005, 10:02 AM   #187
Legolas
Jack Burton

Ydalon

Ydalon shook his head.

"If you're dying to kill them for their weapons and bedrolls, wait until we're gone. Me, I'd see what they've stashed about in these other rooms. If it's anything to carry away we will. Else we smash and torch what we can before they break through that door. You said yourself we're at bad odds fighting."

He looked back at the door with something of concern.

"Put something heavy in front of it. I'll see where those stairs up we passed lead."
Old 10-17-2005, 11:20 AM   #188
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Telryn Gale

Telryn nodded in reply to Ydalon's instructions and looked about the room for something to put in the way of the door.
[/b]

(( Pretty sucky post but I don't want to put something in front of the door that isn't there ))
Old 10-17-2005, 04:44 PM   #189
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Detheriel

Detheriel grinned as he imagined the looks on the faces of the surprised bandits.

"What about one of the crates back there? They certainly look heavy enough to keep the door shut?" he asked, looking questioningly at Telryn.

[ 10-17-2005, 05:41 PM: Message edited by: shamrock_uk ]
Old 10-17-2005, 05:47 PM   #190
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Telryn Gale

"Come on then,"
The huge man said quietly to Detheriel as he walked in the direction of the crates.

He grabbed one side, waiting for Detheriel to grab the other.
Closed Thread