Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2005, 12:51 PM   #151
Legolas
Jack Burton

Ydalon

The boy nodded absently where he stood, the bag of belongings already slung over his shoulder, peering through the fog at something unseen. He knew his night on the moss had left a pattern, green stains soaked into the shirt, but then his clothing had been ruined long ago already. Angry branches, muddy streets, the splash of ale, nights as these, all contrived in their own way to make his appearance match his purse.
Ydalon did not reply to Zak's words, since the man had already wandered off. Had he remained, the boy might still have ignored the comments. He was not about to leave people behind here, and they were not the bandits doing the hunting on this early hour, so far removed from any roads. Yet with a bit of fortune, he mused, the Lords might even have breakfast ready for the group.

"I promised you a way across the river," the young man told the group.
"And I will take you there myself. But last night we spoke of the bandits, and before we go our own ways, we strangers will strike them a blow. There is a reason we stopped here, and now I know none will run off to warn the Lords of Vision, I can tell you.
"You cannot see it because of the trees, but not an hour away there's a tower. It is old and parts are crumbling, but the bandits use it for a staging post. There are other lairs like it, where they sleep and keep their supplies and their profits. We're going to raid this one.
"With a bit of luck, most of them will be out on the roads by the time we get there, and the others won't expect an attack. They have eyes and ears, and they know when trouble is coming down the roads. We haven't been using the roads.
"And one more thing about that tower. I don't know what you'll do when we get there, but don't enter the top floor for any reason. It won't support your weight.
"We'll see about the attack plan when we get there and know how many bandits are in. If you've pressing questions or second thoughts you'd best speak up now, otherwise, fall in behind me. We want to get there before they're alert and patrolling."
Old 08-20-2005, 12:57 PM   #152
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Detheriel

Not trusting Zakaria, but heeding him nontheless, Detheriel strung his bow, hastily packed up his bedroll and slung the load onto his back. He listened as Ydalon explained the situation and then moved to stand beside him. It is the time for doubts to be vanquished he thought.

[ 08-20-2005, 01:01 PM: Message edited by: shamrock_uk ]
Old 08-20-2005, 01:42 PM   #153
dplax
Jack Burton

Nivram

Nivram, who did not like blood-shed due to its depressive nature, and didn't like attacking due to not being an exceptional fighter winced at Ydalon's words.

"Are you sure that words can not convince these bandits? Are you sure that violence shall be needed? I know a thing or two about the way the mind works. Wouldn't it help if we tried resolving the situation peacefully at first? What if due to this raid on the tower all of us would become outlaws ourselves? You don't know how deeply associated with the law these bandits are. Attacking them might upset others also." - he said to Ydalon, but his words were meant for others in the party also.
Old 08-20-2005, 02:10 PM   #154
Legolas
Jack Burton

Ydalon

He smiled at Nivram, and something sparkled in his eye.
"If it is an audience with their leaders you want," he replied. "Let's first get their attention.

"You were at the bridge to see their justice; impossible prices paired with steel and arrows. Oh, we'll upset people, sure enough. I'll be counting on it."

[ 08-20-2005, 02:10 PM: Message edited by: Legolas ]
Old 08-20-2005, 04:59 PM   #155
dplax
Jack Burton

Nivram

Nivram frowned back at Ydalon.

"I am not foolish enough, that I would want to speak with their leaders, with no knowledge of who they be beforehand. I am just trying to tell you that the way that you are taking all of us might not be the only one, and not the best one either."

He made a few steps and in the process stepped into some excrement of a forest animal.

This has to happen to me. - he thought glumly as he started wiping his shoe on the grass, while he continued.

"I do not know either how good the other options are."

He took a stick from the ground and started poking the poo out of the sole of his shoe.

"I am not trying to question your leadership in any way, as you are certainly better suited for that than I am, I am just questioning your decision."

He finally managed to flick out the last piece of excrement from the sole of his shoe. The piece of poo flew in the air and landed on Detheriel's trousers. Nivram did not notice.

"I'm not saying we change plans now, but if I may make a suggestion..." - he waited to see whether anyone had an objection, then continued: "...I suggest that when we get closer to the hideout, or lair, or whatever of these bandit lords, that we reconsider our options."
Old 08-22-2005, 07:38 AM   #156
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Detheriel

His right eyebrow shot up as he gave a quick glower at Nivram who had assumed an air of innocence in the meantime.

Trying to appear surreptitious he attempted to dislodge the unwelcome guest by knocking his right leg against his left.

[ 08-22-2005, 07:40 AM: Message edited by: shamrock_uk ]
Old 08-23-2005, 02:51 PM   #157
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

Zak came back to the group as they started off. We should hasten our passage.

[ 08-24-2005, 04:27 AM: Message edited by: DrowArchmage ]
Old 08-24-2005, 06:45 PM   #158
Saliarasri
The Magister

Kagarioni remains quiet, not really caring about their argument. Something still doesn't ring true with it...

Old 08-27-2005, 04:18 PM   #159
Legolas
Jack Burton

Ydalon

With nothing but silence and a proposal to delay until later, they journeyed onwards to the branchless, petrified tree which man had so laborously grown all those years ago. The oak and hawthorn gave way to a sparser woodland environment dominated by stands of healthy alder, many not yet a century old. The chirp and song of waking birds lent its cheer to the trek, whilst the forest air seemed at once a crisp green smell, and one carrying a humidity that was more ancient and soaked into the soil than the river Ryr.
The sun had crested the horizon when they arrived, and though it was concealed from view by the woodland sentinels and the low hills, its merry light found its way round every curve and obstacle the land could throw at it. A man's off-key whistling bounced between the trees.

Concealed by the undergrowth, the group had a plain view of the tower. It stood in the midst of a clearing of its own, though over the years the forest had worked to reclaim much of it. A dirt track only slightly wider than a deer trail wound its way off through the forest, doubtless on its way to better travelled roads. The whistling man was so engaged in hanging clothes to dry that he would not even accidentally glance in their direction. His own garb was near identical to that worn by the bridgewardens back in Ryndar, marking him as a bandit in his own right.
It was the structure itself, however, which dominated the site. The tower was tall, with four or five floors, the top one looking out over the treetops like a crow's nest over the sea. Individual stones jutted out at odd points, and the whole of the old building might be tilting just so slightly.
Down at the base of the slim structure, the stones were often cracked and the cracks lined with moss, as though this, too, was slowly being reclaimed.
Two windows on different floors, little more than slits, peered out in each of the four directions. Its upper rim was crenellated, like a warlord's keep.

Ydalon observed in silence for a while. This was the place alright. The boy remained crouched as he rolled and stretched his muscles, not agreeing with his choice of accomodation. Indeed it hadn't been the most restful of nights where he was concerned.
The lad rubbed his both eyes with the palm of his left hand, leaving a trace of blood around both. He didn't seem to notice as he watched the tower stand.

"The bad news," he said, "is that there are six or seven of them in there. But the good news is most of them are either not well awake or wounded. If we're swift enough they won't even be armed and armored."

Something trickled down his little finger, and he opened his hand. A lone scratch ran along its surface, but he only shrugged.

"Must've cut myself on something. Which of you are backing out?"
Old 08-29-2005, 01:21 PM   #160
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

If we're careful they wont even know we are here until there are only two or three. If there's a wizard in there myself and the other magic user should deal with him I should be able to cast a spell that should blind them, but if that works,asuming this isnt a dead zone, you'll have to kill them quickly,for their shouts shall alert the others.
Closed Thread