Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2001, 04:16 PM   #1
Sardonix

Do I get my enthusiastic apprentices to go for a Robe of the Apprenti, a ring of Wizardry or a Staff of Power? What do the robe and the staff do?

Old 01-30-2001, 04:21 PM   #2
turbovee
Elminster

Tell me how bad you really want to know. because some of the fun is finding out they do when you do get them. They're worth it, trust me just be careful and don't rush them because i've heard bad things happen when you rush them. Better to err on the side caution, or an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Whoa, thought this was another thread(life lessons) for a moment
Old 01-30-2001, 04:40 PM   #3
Sardonix

I know that I am going to get the very good staff in the Twisted Rune room, and Imoen has her trusty Gesen bow, so unless the staff of power is awesome, I risk getting something that kills my appretices and ends up sitting in a chest. The Ring would be useful, but not really all that fun (sorceress as all the spells I need) - so that leaves the Robe. I'm just afraid that because it is the cheapest and safest, it will be some crap that I can't use. Better to have a fun staff that I only use occasionally than a crappy robe. I won't go back and try again if I don't like the results, but if there is a big difference, I want to know. I have a sorceress and Imoen. If you suggest the robe (btw, cloak slot or armour slot?), I'll go for it without knowing what it does. Thanks.

Old 01-30-2001, 04:45 PM   #4
turbovee
Elminster

They are both worth it. The staff of power is really worth it. and if you don't already have the bracers of AC3 the robe gives you AC3 or you can give it to another mage that doesn't have the bracers.
Old 01-30-2001, 05:11 PM   #5
Charlie
Lord Ao

Sorry guys, where's the Mage Stronghold? and do I need to be a Mage to go there?
Old 01-30-2001, 05:14 PM   #6
turbovee
Elminster

Oh yes, and if your a multi-class character with a mage as on eof your classes you have to accept that stronghold before any of the others. The Mage stronghold is the planar sphere after you bring Lavok outside to die.
Old 01-30-2001, 05:23 PM   #7
Malla Gabriel

Just a note, you get some experince for keeping all of your Apenti alive, but none if you kill even one of them.