Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2003, 01:49 PM   #11
The Kiwi
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by SpiritWarrior:
quote:
Originally posted by The Kiwi:
quote:
There is one, It's called LETO. You can get it on NWvault.
"Leto" might be fine for The OC and for SoU, but the only place you can use it for HotU is in between creating a new level 1 character and starting a game. [/QUOTE][/QUOTE]Mea Culpa! I was mixing Halls of Advanced Training with LETO. Never have found LETO!
Quote:
quote:

HotU levels your lead person to 15 right away if he/she is less than level 12; ("Halls of Adv") doesn't work with characters as high level as 12.

Because you have so many module creation tools already, separate editors seem hardly needed. An awful lot of what you might do with an editor is readily accessible via console commands in DebugMode.

The updated versions' been out awhile. Leto has always worked with characters as high as level 12 (..?). It does not mess up your HP, no.
[/QUOTE]I'd like a link to see what the "real" LETO looks like and works like!

(Yes, I'd be interested in the "Pre-HotU" version, if someone has a link to offer, or a better search option that "Leto" for the Vault, assuming the old one is still filed. Because the search finds nothing with that as a key word.)

[ 12-28-2003, 09:03 PM: Message edited by: The Kiwi ]

The Kiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2003, 11:41 AM   #12
Charlie
Lord Ao

A DM can change a characters alignment "in game". Don't know how but I've seen it done so know it's possible. Dunno if you could DM a game, bring in your character and adjust, just thinking out loud here....
[img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/england1.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />One Love, Peace. [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/pissr.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/piss.gif\" alt=\" - \" />
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2003, 06:07 PM   #13
MagiK

Yeah and I can script a guy in my leveler mod to change alignments too, but that doesn't help much for a character in themiddle of one of the official campaigns [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-26-2003, 10:05 PM   #14
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

The new version of LETO is not out yet. There is an unofficial version but I wouldn't risk it since corrupt bics are all too common. You can change your alignment in LETO easily, I have done it many times, you simply need to use the advanced editor. You have to understand many of the stuff is hard-coded into the game and cannot be edited or modified either at all or at face value. This is not like Gatekeeper or Dalekeeper since those games had no ELC checks on them.

I have recently uploaded a mod to the vault for level-up and alignment-change purposes. It is similiar to the 'advanced training' mod although at the time that was non-existant so I uploaded it when I saw people demanding a level-by-level chooser of which there was need at the time.
The link is here :

http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/modules...77352728.shtml

[ 12-26-2003, 10:06 PM: Message edited by: SpiritWarrior ]
Old 12-28-2003, 08:46 PM   #15
Chewbacca
Zartan

Quote:
The new version of LETO is not out yet. There is an unofficial version but I wouldn't risk it since corrupt bics are all too common. You can change your alignment in LETO easily, I have done it many times, you simply need to use the advanced editor. You have to understand many of the stuff is hard-coded into the game and cannot be edited or modified either at all or at face value. This is not like Gatekeeper or Dalekeeper since those games had no ELC checks on them.

I have recently uploaded a mod to the vault for level-up and alignment-change purposes. It is similiar to the 'advanced training' mod although at the time that was non-existant so I uploaded it when I saw people demanding a level-by-level chooser of which there was need at the time.
The link is here :

http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/modules...77352728.shtml
Hey cool, I'm gonna check it out.

I'm working on a HotU leveler/Character modifier as well. I have the level/gold scripts done and ready as well as stores that sell all the crafting supplies and dyes. I will upload mine as soon as I finish some basic merchants, alignment changer, and a enchanting blacksmith for making custom magic items.

After that I will update it with several items merchants with new and original items that I will be featuring in future modules and packages. I also want to do an level stripper ala the one in the Dreamcatcher series. I havent seen a leveler with one of those though I havent checked any others out since way before sou came out.

I'll be sure to post the Vault link here when the first upload is ready in the next few days. Let me know if you wanna share any scripts Im using that you didn't or haven't. I love saving extra work. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 03:00 AM   #16
ScottG
Drow Warrior

http://www.xmission.com/~wysiwyg/

The link has a leveler mod. in it you can change alignment. You can of course change level to - and with it change stats.

The real problem is changing attributes not in conformity to level and playing the off. campaigns. I think the off. campaigns will require that attributes match levels (and classes i.e. RDD). However I believe in the toolset there is a "deck of many things" sort of item that MAY alter attributes (-don't know though, haven't played with it)... so it may be possible.

In any event, while you can't easily (and reliably) modify a charater in game - you can export a character at the beginning of a chapter in the off. modules, modify the character and save it, then start that chapter with the modified character.
ScottG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 07:22 AM   #17
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:

Yeah and I can script a guy in my leveler mod to change alignments too, but that doesn't help much for a character in themiddle of one of the official campaigns [img]smile.gif[/img]
Sure it does, just export the char out, do the deal, and then save him/her again, then start the game mp, and use the changed char, will prompt to use char in game or char list, use the char list char, get in game, push G to quick save, exit, and load the quick save single player, presto.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 11:46 AM   #18
MagiK

ahhh You know I had a feeling something like that should be possible...really seems like cheating tho for some reason...I know it isn't...or at least may not be...