Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-2004, 04:37 PM   #1
Sonic
Zhentarim Guard

1)I got Normal+Shadows of undrentide and when i am lvl 20 then when it is time to lvl up it is only going past the lvL and keeps going whitout that i get a lvl up.Is it so that when i got Nwn+sou I can only be lvl 20?? i still play whit peaples that is lvl 40!. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2)If i shoose the shifter class can i change into dragon and other stuff then?They say if i dount got hotu i shouldnt be aible to shoose shifter class but i still can . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .3)I readed a Topic where they said that you cant be a subrace,i can shoose under the Halfelf Thing a subrace ( i hawe to write what its name shall be like *drow*)but anyway i dount got anything special downloaded.
Old 01-01-2004, 04:55 PM   #2
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Let me try to answer your questions. If I have misunderstood, then you can correct me on what you meant.

1. Shadows of Undrentide only allows up to level 20 characters to be used. Nobody can level up higher than that because of the game's maximum level lock. You are playing with people that are level 40 because they own Hordes of the Underdark. You can play with them because patch v1.61 has made to allow this mixture.

2. You say that you are able to play as a Shifter, though the Shifter is only for people that own HotU. That's a wierd bug! I do not think that is supposed to happen, but congradulations if it is true! I do not know what animals a Shifter can take...but somebody else here will know and they can post the answer.

3. The thing about being a subrace. Yes you can type in the name of the subrace you are going to be and the game calls you that...but what you must have read is that there are no actual pre-made subraces on Shadow of Undrentide. What I mean is that you cannot go into the elf race and already find the drow listed and preformatted. I think that is what you are asking.

[ 01-01-2004, 04:56 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 01-01-2004, 05:17 PM   #3
Sonic
Zhentarim Guard

Thx alot for the help larry but it is more classes that i can play that i hear is from hotu and i dount got it i dount realy know what it is wrong.
Old 01-01-2004, 05:23 PM   #4
Sonic
Zhentarim Guard

And i can play champion of torn and weapon master to.And about the dragon is a sorcerer/wizard spell or is it a druid shape?
Old 01-01-2004, 05:25 PM   #5
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I wonder if the 1.61 Patch gave you those classes. I would not know, since I own HotU. We will have to find out from another user that owns SoU but not HotU to confirm.
Old 01-01-2004, 06:11 PM   #6
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Yes, after downloading the 1.61 patch, all HOTU Prestige Classes/skills/etc are displayed in SOU. You are not able to use them, however. For your eyes only
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2004, 06:14 PM   #7
Stratos
Vampire

Are you saying that you can become a Shifter with only NWN and SoU installed?

With only NWN and SoU installed you should only be able to use the core classes as well as the following prestige classes: Harper Scout, Assassin, Arcane Archer, Shadowdancer and Blackguard. Are you sure you haven't confused the Shifter with any of those?

If, on the other hand, it's true that you see the HotU prestige classes on the class list, then I have a theory and it has to do with patches...

When I bought original the game it had a certain version and in that one only the core classes showed up on the class list. Now, when I patched the game with a patch that was released just before (or just after, I don't remember) SoU was released, the new presige classes showed up on the list. I couldn't actually use them since I didn't own SoU yet, but they were there.

I think it's the same for you; if you can USE them then it's certainly a bug, but if you just see them on the class list then it's probably because BioWare putted them there in a patch as an advertisment of a sort.

Edit: While I was typing this very deep and intellectual post, Dreamer128 butted in and posted my message in a compressed form. And yet I used the new Quick Replay thingie...Damn you Dreamer

[ 01-01-2004, 06:20 PM: Message edited by: Stratos ]
Old 01-01-2004, 10:16 PM   #8
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Edit: While I was typing this very deep and intellectual post, Dreamer128 butted in and posted my message in a compressed form. And yet I used the new Quick Replay thingie...Damn you Dreamer
Lol @ Stratos
Old 01-02-2004, 02:06 AM   #9
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Another one of Biowares' marketing techniques...
Old 01-02-2004, 04:03 AM   #10
Sonic
Zhentarim Guard

Yes but the strange ting is.....i cant be a shadowdancer harperscout and the other you mentioned.