Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2003, 10:35 PM   #1
Featherstone
Dungeon Master

Ive now been on these boards for about 1 year i suppose and it has taken me about that long to complete W&W

Things that contrived to interpt my game play where:

Birth of second daughter (Gemma)
Construction of an extension to my house
My job which involves managing 22 odd countries in Asia Pacific
Some serious techo problem on my machine
the worlds slowest running home PC
My beautiful family as a whole

I have now finished W&W and I fond it the best RPG I have played since I got caught up in the dice versions in the late 70's early 80's - Truly a very very good game

However one of its greatest attributes is this forum. Quite simply I, and no doubt countless others, could not have finished the game, nor enjoyed it as much, without the help, laughs and storytelling this forum has to offer

As my work load increases (does it ever decrease!!!) I am venturing into a new game called Port Royale which look like a cross between the original Pirates games on the Commodore 64 (Kids - ask your parents what it is!!!) and an early simple Civilisation game - Anyway I hope my machine can handle it as Solitaire and Minesweeper are giving it a headache these days!!!!

So thats why I will be off the boards for a wee while. I will lurk here every now and then to post some amazingly witty posts which Im sure will have you all rolling around the floor

I will def be back when W&W2 comes out and I have rebuilt my machine

Until then, as I head of into Lurkdoms sunset,

THANKS YOU VERY MUCH - ALL OF YOU
Old 05-18-2003, 11:47 PM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I'm touched... and glad that the boards were of use to you, Featherstone. Sounds like you've got more than a full plate on your hands; you have my sympathy and amazement.

Do come back when W&W2 comes out, as I'm sure we'll gear up for it handily. And if you ever get in the mood to stretch your legs in the Gael Serran again, we'll be here.

After all, one of the best things about W&W is the fact that you can keep playing it over and over again, and doing it differently every time.

And do stop back in the Boogre Bar every so often for a quick drink or whatever. We'll welcome you back
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2003, 05:49 AM   #3
Shimoda
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks Featherstone for sharing your thoughts on the game. I myself feel the same way about Wizards & Warriors. Without a doubt this game has moved into the area of my all time favorties and I am not even half way through the game. Right now I am on my way to the Dragon Spire after having gotten my Plate Armor from King Freyedies. I was on my way the Dragon Spire when I decided to head up northward and check out that Hovel in the hill I found earlier.

Course I later found out it was Boogre Prison and have just been smiling, laughing and having a great time wandering around the Prison. My wife walks by the room and hears me laughing out loud and wonders if I am watching something on TV, nope it's Wizard and Warriors. This game is just full of adventures having twist and turns that make it an enjoyable time in front of the computer. I love a game that can pull you into the story and just make time fly and you wish there were more hours to keep playing it. When the narrator comes on and describes a room or area it reminds me of those pen & paper days of D&D with the Dungeon Master keeping the story moving along.

I am going to check out the Port Royale game you mentioned. I remembered playing Pirates on my computer and my dorm mate and I would finish work and race home to play it. Course there wasn't multiplayer back in those days but we took turns at the controls and that was another game that time would pass by quickly.

I am sure you will be back when Dungeon Lords comes out. I never played any of the Wizardry series but with Wizards and Warriors I have become a fan of D.W. Bradley and will be looking to try and play some of his older games, that is if can on a Pentium 4 Xp machine and will definately get his Dungeon Lords when it is released.

Take care Featherstone

[ 05-19-2003, 05:52 AM: Message edited by: Shimoda ]
Shimoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2003, 08:51 AM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

It's been a pleasure having you on the board, Featherstone!!!

W&W is one of the best CRPGs I've played. I've gotten fussier about what I like as the years have passed. W&W was one of the few that really satisfied all the things I like in a game.

Thanks for the compliments on our forum. This board has helped many players really enjoy the rough gem which is W&W. The credit for the success of this forum belongs to every poster who came, recognized the friendly and helpful atmosphere and maintained that atmosphere! That includes you!!!

Good luck with your very busy life!! Don't be a stranger - you're always welcome here!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2003, 02:22 PM   #5
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Godspeed for now, Featherstone. And believe me: you will be back sooner than you think.

When I had completed the game for the first time it did take me a while before I took it up again. By the time I did take it up I finally discovered this wonderful forum. I am pretty sure I would have taken it up earlier if I had known of its existence.

Also be sure of this: you are not close to having experienced every aspect of the game yet. Although this is my fifth time through I just made a most compelling discovery concerning the game not two hours ago.

We have all enjoyed your stay with us so far and look forward to seeing you again. [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

[ 05-19-2003, 02:23 PM: Message edited by: bsftcs ]
Old 05-21-2003, 05:50 AM   #6
Olli Kalma

It's hard to be away from this forum anytime you feel need to chat or drink one cold Boogre Brew in bar, you are welcome [img]smile.gif[/img]

If I wouldn't find this forum, I wouldn't propably playing W&W anymore,
and I'm waiting for W&W 2 to come.
Until that, you find us here [img]smile.gif[/img]

And I hope you just don't stay in background, we will miss your post

Good luck to you and your family!
Old 05-21-2003, 05:56 AM   #7
Morguemaus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well, without this board, i would not be able to finish the game.

Hey, i am almost there, woo hooooooo

Morgy
Morguemaus is offline   Reply With Quote