Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2003, 10:01 PM   #1
Sir Goulum
John Locke

K, I got MacOS X finally, but the brightness and contrast is being really wierd. Its like really bright and light, but when we installed it and went on it after we installed it, it was really nice and perfect. How do I change it? I tried going in the system preferences, but it doesn't go dark enough for how it was before. HELP! Its blinding me! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-08-2003, 11:21 PM   #2
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

We use macs at school and from memory it has something to do with holding either the apple or option key while pressing the volume buttons, I think...
Hope that helps.
Old 09-09-2003, 06:04 PM   #3
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Hmm....now its turning blue too...could it be that the screens dying?
Old 09-09-2003, 07:05 PM   #4
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

LCD screens do that before they die. Plasma crystals don't last very long on average. If you've got a flat-screened mac It's doomed [img]tongue.gif[/img] LCD only lasts 4 years before it starts to slowly degrade. if you've got an iMac, your screen will grow to eventually become green. No setting will be able to fix this, as it's the monitor itself. Apple will only fix monitors, even on its oldest models, for the price of 2 of their newest G4 iMacs [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-09-2003, 09:33 PM   #5
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
Originally posted by /)eathKiller:
LCD screens do that before they die. Plasma crystals don't last very long on average. If you've got a flat-screened mac It's doomed [img]tongue.gif[/img] LCD only lasts 4 years before it starts to slowly degrade. if you've got an iMac, your screen will grow to eventually become green. No setting will be able to fix this, as it's the monitor itself. Apple will only fix monitors, even on its oldest models, for the price of 2 of their newest G4 iMacs [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Damn...what if its only a little bit of a bubbled screen? And 6 yrs old about? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 09-09-2003, 09:34 PM: Message edited by: Sir Goulum ]
Old 09-10-2003, 12:01 AM   #6
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Its probably not, but if you ran a magnet passed it withpout knowing it, Things like that can happen, where the screen colour changes and looks all warped.
Its probably not, and it is more likley that your moniter being old is causing it.
Old 09-10-2003, 06:06 PM   #7
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Damnit! That means my dad'll have to get a whole new computor and I'll lose everything