Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2001, 03:50 AM   #11
Lord Shield

Lord Shield gives kiwidoc a big cuddle. Hope you get better, lass. You too, Melusine.
I don't think I could pin it down to one thing. I have found that none of the members here climb on top of their high horse and rant if somebody starts a racy topic. For instance, we had "15 drawbacks to being a man". I posted about 15 for women to balance, and there was NO flaming/whingeing, etc.
On another board (Mithril Hall I think) the same thread had two women claiming that the original poster either hated women or was gay. Pathetic!!
Besides, where else could we spam as shamelessly as we do (oops! did I say spam - i meant, erm, oops - sound of Lord Shield's feet running into the distance)

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
http://lordraptor0.tripod.com/index.html

Old 06-15-2001, 04:42 AM   #12
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Well an overlord has to love his realm right?
So why even ask me? I mean Ziroc knows that I am the real power and I let you all in here because I am such a kind and loving overlord

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."

"I've put my trust in you, pushed as far as I can go. For all this theres only one thing you should know....."
Old 06-15-2001, 05:21 AM   #13
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Well, I've had more intelligent discussions/talks with people on this board than in real life, and also, if you make some ridiculous rant, people just say LOL, or ROFL, or ROFLMAO, and uses lots of smilies, outside of this board, people would make fun of you for the next six years of your life.
Old 06-15-2001, 07:06 AM   #14
Melusine
Dracolisk

Thanks LS, you're a sweetie

I love the Ironworks because I have been visiting here for a long time and I have never seen a single other gaming forum that has the same friendly and close-knit atmosphere that we have. It is exceptional in the way new people are so warmly welcomed, and the veterans are a group of friends that will be there for eachother every time. It is also the only place on the net where I have laughed so hard that it hurt for thousands of times, and the creativity of the members is so great! We have a bunch of incredible moderators, lead by Ziroc who is just incomparable, and they impress me time and time again for the mature way in which they handle problems.
And yes, the fact that I am ill is also a reason why the Ironworks is such a great place to be; when I am in too much pain or too exhausted to go out and do something like see a friend, I know that I'll find friends here. The support given to people who are in a difficult spot in their lives is immense and I admire all of you for being so generous!

*phew* glad to have *that* off my chest Love you all!!

------------------
Melusine, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the Order of the Holy Flame and the Laughing Hyenas, &
Official Entertainer Elf of the BG2 Bar

Your voice is ambrosia

[This message has been edited by Melusine (edited 06-15-2001).]
Old 06-15-2001, 07:12 AM   #15
Lady Avalon
Emerald Dragon

RudeDawg, you a newbie. I hardly think so. Seems like you've always been around. We love you.

I like Ironworks because: I have met some of the nicest people on this Board and everyone seems to be considerate of other's opinions on the variety of subjects we discuss here. I also think it's a learning process for me as I find this group so very diverse and not a day goes by, that I don't learn something about someone living in another area or another country and I find this very fascinating. Plus, there is no other board like this anywhere.

I actually stumbled upon Ironworks one day after I started playing my first D&D game, Baldurs Gate 2. The BG2 forum was so very helpful, I was truly amazed at how fast I was able to get help for whatever problem I was encountering. I had never really checked out the other forums on Ironworks and one day, someone invited me to join the general discussion forum. I stopped by and haven't left.

------------------

Old 06-15-2001, 07:13 AM   #16
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
Thanks LS, you're a sweetie

I love the Ironworks because I have been visiting here for a long time and I have never seen a single other gaming forum that has the same friendly and close-knit atmosphere that we have. It is exceptional in the way new people are so warmly welcomed, and the veterans are a group of friends that will be there for eachother every time. It is also the only place on the net where I have laughed so hard that it hurt for thousands of times, and the creativity of the members is so great! We have a bunch of incredible moderators, lead by Ziroc who is just incomparable, and they impress me time and time again for the mature way in which they handle problems.
And yes, the fact that I am ill is also a reason why the Ironworks is such a great place to be; when I am in too much pain or too exhausted to go out and do something like see a friend, I know that I'll find friends here. The support given to people who are in a difficult spot in their lives is immense and I admire all of you for being so generous!

*phew* glad to have *that* off my chest Love you all!!

OHHH *sniff* We love you too Melusine! *howlingvoice* *big furry wolfiehug!*

------------------

Yawning lazywolf dreaming about nice little fairies...zzzzz
Old 06-15-2001, 11:58 AM   #17
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

I'm a BBS and UseNet veteran, so I am used to seeing flamers and trolls. I took it for granted that that was the "norm" lately, since most people have forgotten about "Netiquette".

I was a "survivor" of a flame war, and watched the board go down in flames. I had heard IronWorks mentioned in passing, and seen a link on the UseNet. So I visited. I lurked for 2 days, and was IMPRESSED with what I saw. But, the best came when I joined, and posted.

After answering a question in a thread, I posted a "Hello, I'm a newbie" thread, and mentioned that I was a BGD vet, and would be glad to answer any question I could about the game and tech issues. And Memnoch answered.

He said: "Damn shame what happened over there. It won't happen here. Welcome."
A MODERATOR welcoming a newbie! I was shocked! Now, let me explain: I've been a cyber-junkie since it was all email, UseNet, and IRC. I have NEVER seen a mod talk to a newbie on his board. NEVER. Soon, Big Z also said "hello". and I was hooked.

2 Weeks later, the board went down. I checked daily, even posted a querry on the UseNet. Soon, I was answered. I logged in happily, and in less than an hour I got a "We're back!" email from Memnoch. I replied and told him and Z that I was REALLY impressed with the atttention they gave the board. They shrugged it off.

Now, I log on first thing in the morning, drink my coffe and read and post. Head to work, and log on. Come home, and log on. I'm home, friends.

I've made some great frinds, who I chat with daily, and I love everyone here! I even miss y'all when I'm away!

Let me tell you. IronWorks is an example of what an on-line community can be. Most aren't. Thank You, Ziroc and his band of Merry-Mods. Thank You, Thank You for this wonderful, happy, place.

*RudeDawwg doin the HappyHappyJoyJoy Dance*

------------------
Old 06-15-2001, 12:05 PM   #18
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I agree, this site's the best!

my story: I discovered Ironworks in the browser search when looking for tips for Wizards & Warriors PC game (was having trouble with it). couple days later, I decided to ask a few questions in the W&W forum! Then someone (either Moni, Black Knight, or Saz) lured me over to GD forum!

------------------
Old 06-15-2001, 12:57 PM   #19
Charean
Hathor

Wow...Rude Dawg... you have been around a lot longer than me.

But then I come from different boards. I always went for the philosphy and women group type boards... I didn't get into gaming until my hubby introduced me to Diablo/Hellfire... from there to RPGs... gads....

That led me to here... and you guys... never had bad experiences with boards either... but it may be the company I keep

I do know this is an exceptionally diverse group and it really is amazing that what really "glues" us together is our compassion and caring about the people here. That is a special thing.

------------------

Defender for the Light -
Goodness knows there is a lot of Dark out there!! - Where are my matches?!?
Wandering Soul - Finding my life's calling is Bodhisattva
And so, in the way of life, one must perservere in the face of adversity (or in this case, the face of a fluffy) and continue on the quest so bring truth, justice and the feng shui way to the world (or at least, make my truck look nice!)
And if you are still reading, I am taking suggestions for my next installment...
Old 06-15-2001, 12:58 PM   #20
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Because it is.

------------------