Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2005, 11:48 PM   #1
krunchyfrogg
Red Dragon

If you use the flanking option with a fighter/thief, will it work while wearing heavy armor and using non-thief weapons?

I'm thnking of a halfling f/t with an axe.

Also, can a multiclassed thief detect traps with heavy armor? How high is "high enough" in Traps and Locks skills with Trials of the Luremaster installed?
Old 09-11-2005, 04:11 AM   #2
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Well he definately can find traps with armor on. I'm also almost sure he can flank with armor on, but might just be wrong here.

I usually get find traps to 100% and that can remove evry trap. But I think you'll be safe with less than that. And even if some trap cant be removed this way you can always just save and avoid it or simply walk to set it off... very few traps are fatal (still save first!!!).
Old 09-11-2005, 09:49 AM   #3
krunchyfrogg
Red Dragon

Can he flank with a non-thief weapon though?
Old 09-11-2005, 07:51 PM   #4
Aerich
Lord Ao

No. You can flank with heavy armour, but not with a non-thief weapon. Axes are out.

You will get a message saying something like "Equipped weapon not suitable for sneak attack/backstab", and you will do normal damage.

As a multiclass fighter thief, you will have enough proficiency points to get specialization in a thief weapon - I usually use axes or greatswords with a F/T and have a short sword or dagger for sneak attacks.
Old 09-13-2005, 05:46 AM   #5
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

You can detect traps with heavy armour on I thought. Not remove, just detect. As for "flanking", is this one of the 3rd Ed. changes you can use that I never bother with?
Old 09-14-2005, 12:49 AM   #6
krunchyfrogg
Red Dragon

Probably, Lord Brass. It's an optional 3e rule, added with HoW.
Old 09-14-2005, 04:10 AM   #7
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

Righto krunchyfrogg. I never bother with those 3rdEd. options as I said. (I'm not a big fan of the 3rdEd. rules at all.) How does flanking work then guys? It's been a very long time since I looked at the manual.

Edit: Oh, my pic just changed!

[ 09-14-2005, 04:11 AM: Message edited by: Lord Brass ]