Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2003, 09:09 PM   #11
Jeffi0
Zhentarim Guard

Slightly off topic, seven students in Alberta were killed by an avalanche on a school skiing trip. It's been a rough weekend...
<br /><br />[url]\"http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=010302\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=010302</a> First 8-Bit Theater comic. The first few aren\'t really funny, but the rest are great.
Old 02-04-2003, 08:02 AM   #12
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

Gee, too many tragic accidents.

Yorick, I guess you've got more details. Haven't heard of anyone we know directly affected, but we have a lot of old friends who use that line...

I used to ride it every week day to Uni. Man. A mate I work with - a theatre mechanist, catches it regularly as he works and lives in both Sydney and Wollongong. He was on the train before it...

Vey sad.
The Melbourne train crash is yet another pathetic example of our sometimes great, sometimes ludicrous transport systems.
Old 02-04-2003, 08:08 AM   #13
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Yes, and already the pollies are ducking for cover.

The death toll was revised back down to 7. I heard about this when I was in Nelson Bay on a conference - one of my good friends uses that line to go home to Wollongong after her shift at Royal Prince Alfred Hospital - it was a good thing that she wasn't on board that day.

Old 02-04-2003, 08:46 AM   #14
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

Glad she wasn't Memnoch!

That part of Sydney near Waterfall is absolutely beautiful too. I used to get so much pleasue just looking out the window, lazily watching some of the best bushland around glide by.