Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2002, 11:44 AM   #21
Staralfur
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry the Sprout:
Uni life rocks! I do very little work and spend my days playing computer games, hopefully nobody will pick me up on it but I do have exams soon. Maybe work might be a good idea. Anyway, I am at LSE doing Government and Economics for all those who don't know. All very amusing...
That it does, except I actually get a lot of work to do , still find time to have lots of fun though. I guess most of us have exams looming (again), so good luck to you all.
We\'ve heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the Complete Works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.\"<br />Robert Wilensky <br /><br />\"Why is there only one Monopolies Commission?\" <br />Screaming Lord Sutch<br /><br />If you choke a smurf, what color does it turn?
Old 05-04-2002, 12:20 PM   #22
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by mistral4543:
quote:
Originally posted by Avatar:
Really? [img]smile.gif[/img] Which college and which subject might i ask? [img]smile.gif[/img]
I was at Catz Did my Part I in Mathematics, then made a complete switch to Management Studies at the Judge Institute

I take it you're an engineer from Trinity? [img]smile.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]Trinity? why would u wanna go there?
Nah I am at Fitzwilliam... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-04-2002, 12:34 PM   #23
Luther
Manshoon

Quote:

BK[/qb]
LOL! maybe you should have done classics or literature [/QB][/QUOTE]

Heh heh. What's wrong with Classics? I'm doing a Classics major and to be honest it seems to have a hell of alot more practical use than the degrees that my science/maths-minded friends are doing! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-04-2002, 12:45 PM   #24
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by Luther:
quote:
LOL! maybe you should have done classics or literature
Heh heh. What's wrong with Classics? I'm doing a Classics major and to be honest it seems to have a hell of alot more practical use than the degrees that my science/maths-minded friends are doing! [img]tongue.gif[/img] [/QB][/QUOTE]OOOOOOOOOOOOO don't u start! Let's see... which list is more impotant?

list1: Building Bridges, Making Mobile phones, BIG POWERFUL DADDY WEAPONS, airplanes, chemical plants, genetic engineering.

list2: read books, write essays on books, make programs on the books and analyze events and languages 2000 years ago.

Actually list 2 sounds more fun...
Old 05-04-2002, 12:53 PM   #25
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Civil Engineers - if it doesn't move - concrete it.
Mechanical Engineers - if it does move - break it - this lump of concrete should do the trick.
Electrical Engineers - why doesn't it move - duuuh, are we sure it's plugged in?
Chemical Enginners - move aside you morons and let me fix the problem .

Which engineer are you Avy, and how many years have you spent at Varsity.
Old 05-05-2002, 06:26 AM   #26
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Trinity? why would u wanna go there?
Nah I am at Fitzwilliam... [img]smile.gif[/img]
I may have cycled around, but not that far [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img] As for Girton... [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] the only time I passed it was in a coach headed for Alton Towers, to celebrate Guy Fawkes' Day in 1999 [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-05-2002, 08:04 AM   #27
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
Civil Engineers - if it doesn't move - concrete it.
Mechanical Engineers - if it does move - break it - this lump of concrete should do the trick.
Electrical Engineers - why doesn't it move - duuuh, are we sure it's plugged in?
Chemical Enginners - move aside you morons and let me fix the problem .

Which engineer are you Avy, and how many years have you spent at Varsity.
I am all of them at once! [img]smile.gif[/img] Ummm I have been at Cambridge for just over 2 terms now. [img]smile.gif[/img] It is brilliant!!! *jumps about like a lil girl in excitment*
Old 05-05-2002, 08:59 AM   #28
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Ummm I have been at Cambridge for just over 2 terms now. [img]smile.gif[/img] It is brilliant!!! *jumps about like a lil girl in excitment*
Arghh... don't remind me too much of those wonderful times... [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img] I really must go back there soon, one of these days... [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]
Old 05-05-2002, 09:26 AM   #29
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by mistral4543:
quote:
Ummm I have been at Cambridge for just over 2 terms now. [img]smile.gif[/img] It is brilliant!!! *jumps about like a lil girl in excitment*
Arghh... don't remind me too much of those wonderful times... [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img] I really must go back there soon, one of these days... [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]GREAT! we could meet up if u like. [img]smile.gif[/img] Where do u work nowadays?
Old 05-05-2002, 09:38 AM   #30
Davros
Takhisis Follower

So what you are saying is that you are a newbie 1st year Engineering student. Let me rephrase the question Avatar - have you selected an intended discipline of engineering to pursue, and if so, which one?