Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2001, 09:29 PM   #1
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

well seeing everybodys posts about what they have going on made me want to get my thoughts out. dont mean to get anybody down.

to give a frame of reference:
during the 2week period that the board was down, i totalled my car. 2 days later, my girlfriend of 2 1/2 years moved out of our appartment. i'm still waitng for my insurance company to give me my check for the car. i cant get another one till they pay off my loan. my rent was due on the first, along with most of my other bills. and when she moved out it left me in a financial mess. i managed to get enough money together to pay the rent ontime but the check i wrote hit the bank before the deposit did. so it bounced. which tagged on a nice returned check fee and late fee.

when she left she left both of the cats here but took the vacum cleaner with her. she came and got the cats later. but i still have kat litter every where that i cant even clean up. the pipe under my sink that goes to the drain busted so i cant wash dishes or anything. i really dont want to call the maintenance man till i can get the place cleaned up a little.

she also took the bed when she left. so i've been sleeping on a couch bed, that sucks

to top this off my company (which shall remain nameless) is about to start a major round of layoff's. my manager was walked out today. so i dont even know if i'll have a job next week.

well there you have it. if you actually sat and read all of that, i'm sorry for loading you down with that. but i feal like yall are family. so here it is.

------------------

Lord of the Screen Shot
Get My IronWorks Winamp skin
Old 05-15-2001, 09:38 PM   #2
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

Hey what are friends for? Sorry to hear about everthing.
The Fed just dropped the interest rate another .5 point to stimulate the economy a suprise move maybe the beancounters at your company will thunk again.

------------------

"the memories of a man in his old age,
are deeds of a man in his prime"
Old 05-15-2001, 09:53 PM   #3
onthepequod
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by slackerboy:
well there you have it. if you actually sat and read all of that, i'm sorry for loading you down with that. but i feal like yall are family. so here it is.

No need to appologize.

As I remember, a girlfriend calling it quits could be more than enough to occupy my mind. Slacerboy, my friend, you have a full plate. Vent as you feel the need.

Corporate downsizing is prevalent in both the tech and manufacturing sectors so if you are laid off and are mobile you may want to consider an area with a local economy not reliant on either of these. If you're financial situation is dire, e-mail me. I may or may not be able to help but I do work in the financial sector and may have some suggestions you would find helpful.

God Bless.

[This message has been edited by onthepequod (edited 05-15-2001).]
Old 05-15-2001, 10:14 PM   #4
Moni

When it rains it pours and I am sorry you got rained on.
I have had it as tough as you but not for a long long time Thank God.

(just prior to moving to Texas, I had two vehicles, one car and one motorcycle, stolen with no insurance against theft ...while at the same time, my boyfriend was losing himself to crack cocaine, (I loved him but had to dump him), the plumbing was out in my kitchen and my vacuum was on the blink...with a cat in the house! Not to mention having to lug laundry on a bicycle a mile to the laundry mat) Life sucked but it did get better once I focused on my priorities and let all the other problems kiss the wind so to speak.

I really feel for you and your situation. I wish I could help you but there is nothing I can do except give you a (virtual) hug, tell you that I care and let you know that I will keep you in my prayers.

I hope you can keep your job.
Ask a friend for a vacuum so you can call the maintenance man...at least you don't have to pay for that repair yourself!
As far as sleeping on the couch goes, I did it for over ten years...too poor to afford a two bedroom place until I bought my home and I always let my son have the one bedroom in the duplexes we rented...you don't have to get used to it and that is a good thing!
See about renting to own new furniture (they even deliver) once you are sure your financial sitiuation is secure. These places seem like rip-offs and ARE if you make the payments a little at a time as per contracts but if you pay larger amounts and pay it off earlier, you can really save some money. I got my son a decent Fischer stereo/CD changer/cassette recorder with Dolby surround sound at a lower than retail price by going that route. It will all work out my friend and if there is anything I can do for you short of sending you money because I work in exchange for room and board, just let me know.

Love, Hugs & Peace,
Moni

------------------

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 05-15-2001).]

Old 05-15-2001, 10:32 PM   #5
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Don't worry Slacker, things will get better. The key is to stay positive.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 05-15-2001, 10:39 PM   #6
Lady Avalon
Emerald Dragon

Slackerboy, so sorry to hear about all your troubles. I know it sounds like things can't get any worse, but try to take it one day at a time and deal with one thing at a time. It will get better. We've all had times like these and we've all gotten through them. If you need some cheering up, this is the place to come.

------------------

Seeker of Truth
Old 05-15-2001, 10:52 PM   #7
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Slackerboy,

So sorry for all the problems you have had dumped on you at once. I'm glad that you shared this with us. We like to think of ourselves as a community, and how can we be that if we do not support each other in good times and in bad. Wish there was something I could do. Try to take things one day at a time, that should help you past the crisis. And please share with us what is going on in your life. We are interested and care.

Hugs!

------------------
O_H_F

Old 05-15-2001, 10:52 PM   #8
Bourbon
Manshoon

Sorry to hear about all the trouble.
Going by the fact that you are in TN, I think I know what company you work for.
Well I'm in Texas and it's rumored that our department is about to get hit tomorrow.....
Although it appears you may have quite a bit more biting at your heals than I.
As someone mentioned earlier...priorities...keep those in mind and forget about the rest.
Don't worry about tomorrow for each day has its own worries.
Old 05-15-2001, 11:01 PM   #9
Nostron
Manshoon

Well i don't want to say iam sorry cuz everybody seemed to cover that. But i would like to say that eventually problems go away just hang in there man. Like that one song said "Don't worry be happy" (this song lyric is probably the most hated song lyric of all time)
But anywayz, take care and since you sound like ur going through hell don't stop keep going eventually hell will end and heaven comes

------------------
That's just my opinion, I could be wrong.
Old 05-15-2001, 11:01 PM   #10
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Slackerboy

A little sympathy, a little advice. Hope one or both helps you!

Sometimes life throws us curveballs. You just got a whole lot of them at once! My attitude? Wail on 'em, you'll hit one sooner or later!

Know anyone who will lend you a vacuum for a day or two? Borrow it, call the maintenance people and get back to living comfortably!

Sympathies on the girlfriend leaving. That has to have made everything else look worse, but you sound like you are dealing with it and I commend you!

The job is a tough one. It sounds like you aren't sure you're on the axe list, so I'm hoping you stay, but get that resume out and polish it up! It might help you feel more in control of the situation if you actually send that resume out to a few places. Even if you don't get laid off, you'll have some exposure and who knows what could happen?!

Don't feel bad about sharing your troubles. The burdens get a little lighter when shared.

I sure do wish you all the best! Let us know how things go?!

Cloudy

------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Heart Mind Soul Forever