Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2007, 03:58 AM   #21
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

For those that can't make it, don't worry, maybe we can make this a once a month get together or every weekend maybe! Hell, I'd DM all day! (I'll be 100% hidden though, and no "Hey Ziroc! Shouts (would ruin the RPG aspect)--you can whisper to a DM though, so if you need something or whatnot..

Also, for rewards, for a party, I can generate that 1 item into the item for all players that participated in the quest, so it'll help the party out, and is more fair.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 06:53 AM   #22
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I'm thinking this will be a good time, whether we make any progress or not. I'd say that a once a month thing would be good though. Not that I'd mind the extra company, mind you, it's one of the main reasons I prefer MP games, but a once a week thing could get tedious.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 08:54 AM   #23
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

Saturday afternoon, then? I'll be busy most of Sunday daytime taking an 8-hr(boring) conceal-carry course for my permit.

Garnet, legally armed and dangerous in real life *insert evil grin here*.

I'll likely bring a Druid as mentioned. Not engraved into stone, of course, but if no one else has felt the call of Nature for this one......
Old 05-04-2007, 10:48 AM   #24
nwnrogue
Elite Waterdeep Guard

What would the rules on items be? Strictly what can be bought from stores and retrieved from containers and corpses along the way, or anything any of one's other PCs can leave lying around?
Old 05-04-2007, 11:07 AM   #25
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

Quote:
Originally posted by robertthebard:

Suggested guidelines, open for discussion/suggestions:

4. We might try to do this based solely on what we can find.

I like this idea. If we're limited to what we find, liberate or purchase, we'll actually be fine. Recently I've taken a couple girls through under those guidelines and, I must say, with the armor available in the Hearthstone Armory as well as the weaponry available from various merchants in/around Waterdeep, they've done quite well! In fact, if enough gold can be amassed to afford it, the weaponry and armor rivals any until Undermountain lvl 8 if not further.

[ 05-04-2007, 11:10 AM: Message edited by: Garnet FalconDance ]
Old 05-04-2007, 04:33 PM   #26
roddybug
Manshoon

I like the idea of a monthly party, first Saturday of the month. I was going to suggest it, but Z beat me to it. I should be available for this session. I agree that we should try to survive by what is found and can be bought along the way.

A couple of suggestions/queries;

1. One item that perhaps should be allowed is the amulet of clearing to help late comers catch up, but not to be used within the party. This would only be necessary if Z was not available to teleport people. Just a thought and probably not needed for the first session.

2. Perhaps the characters should have a prefix like "[party]Character Name" to differentiate from other people using the server as normal and of course our other characters. This would cut down on troublesome shouts and "tell" conversations once people got used to it. It's hard to role play when others are using tells. It would also stop people trying to steal a level outside of the session
roddybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 07:01 PM   #27
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

A simple [IW] or [RP] ought to work, then.

Time schedule, Bardic One?
Old 05-04-2007, 07:19 PM   #28
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Are you starting this up tomorrow? *peruses her chars to see what she hasn't done in a while* I might be able to make it for a bit- will probably do a cleric or cleric combo, I imagine. Unless you need a spellflinger? *contemplates dying alot in that case*
Old 05-04-2007, 08:05 PM   #29
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I have made my char, and put RP at the end of her name, mainly so I could find her in the massive stable I have, but I think it would be a good idea, so that potential roleplayers can be identified at log-in, by simply looking at the who's in list. I am currently downloading the files, again, as my clever idea of burning them to cd didn't seem to work. 41% done on the last one.

For times, I was hoping our Aussie companions would set a reasonable time scale for them, and we could pick from that.

54% done, wooo.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 08:16 PM   #30
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Server's been down for a while, for me, anyway!

Great idea, RTB. I suggested starting up a rp game a while ago but it was about the time Animal passed away and most of us weren't in the mood to play right then and life got in the way later!