Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2001, 01:59 PM   #71
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Yes, "The Visit" by Loreena McKennitt is really a nice album, esp. for contemplative moods. I have yet to check out her others cds, though.

------------------
So long !

R³ - new, much improved signature under construction !

Old 06-19-2001, 02:12 PM   #72
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Oh, my god, what have I just done !? I have posted in an "inn-like" thread, so that will ruin my reputation as a serious poster once and for all !

------------------
So long !

R³ - new, much improved signature under construction !

Old 06-19-2001, 02:25 PM   #73
kiwidoc
Zhentarim Guard

I will get Elemental as I am first and foremost a trad music fan. I much prefer the old style of Seanois singing to the more easy listening style. Seanois is the style where there is a lot of ornamentation, the tempo varies and there is a lot of emotion.

------------------
There is only one kiwidoc, accept no substitutes

STANDARD OPERATING PROCEEDURE
www.judyhope.co.uk
Old 06-19-2001, 03:17 PM   #74
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Ramon de Ramon y Ramon:

Oh, my god, what have I just done !? I have posted in an "inn-like" thread, so that will ruin my reputation as a serious poster once and for all !
Ahhhh...Ramon, you are now a patron of my Cafe. Welcome to 'pop' culture at it's finest!

Cloudy, handing Ramon a cup of Earl Grey and some almond biscotti

------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 06-19-2001, 05:32 PM   #75
Epona
Zartan

OMG! I had never heard of a cluster headache. I looked up a few websites after I read the posts here, and I think this is what I get! I couldn't believe it.

I have had several fruitless trips to the dentist over the last couple of years because of absolutely excruciating facial pain and headache which I put down to dental problems, but to be told my teeth are fine.

It has happened about every six months for the last 3 years. I am fine one minute, then banging my head on my desk (literally) and grinding my teeth a few minutes later because of the pain, which goes from the right side of my jaw up to my head, with two main points of facial pain in my upper jaw and behind my eye going into my head as though I am being stabbed in the brain and face simultaneously, with tears coming from my right eye. It usually lasts for about an hour or so, then goes quickly. This then comes and goes over a period of a few weeks, several times a day, then mysteriously goes away for months. And yes, sleeping is impossible. Sitting still is impossible. Is this the sort of thing you mean? I can sympathise.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Old 06-19-2001, 05:43 PM   #76
Djinn Raffo
Ra

I come in and try to buy a pot of Mint tea.
Hello. ...ah...goooood mint tea.
Well last night I found a dead bird. Courtesy of Sid. My Cat.
It was under a table in an obscure part of the house and it did not smell nice. This is the second bird i've found inside. The first one was under
a couch, right under there...dead bird.
Another time I opened the door and found a dead rabbit on the
mat, and Sid has his face buried in it!!!!!!
Sid my friend! Stop honoring me with dead animals!!!
...ahh...good tea.
Old 06-19-2001, 06:17 PM   #77
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

The first Loreena McKennitt CD I bought was Mask and Mirror. I fell in love with her voice. I listened to "The Two Trees" constantly. Elemental has several songs, traditional tunes with few if any instruments. Her voice is beyond compare. "She moved through the Fair" and "The Blacksmith". Adaptions of Yeats and other poets figure strongly in her CD's. Her newest CD, has "The Highwayman"
which sent chills down my spine.
Cloudy if you can find Celtic Twilight, Celtic Twilight 2, 4 or 5 you will love those as well. Celtic Twilight 3 is composed of Traditional Lullabyes. There is a Loreena McKennitt Christmas Albumn "To Drive the Cold Winter Away" recorded in Churches about England, Scotland and Ireland. Also lovely beyond compare.
If you would like I can rip and encode an MP3 or so to send to you.

------------------
Old 06-19-2001, 07:20 PM   #78
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Quote:
Originally posted by Djinn Raffo:
I come in and try to buy a pot of Mint tea.
Hello. ...ah...goooood mint tea.
Well last night I found a dead bird. Courtesy of Sid. My Cat.
It was under a table in an obscure part of the house and it did not smell nice. This is the second bird i've found inside. The first one was under
a couch, right under there...dead bird.
Another time I opened the door and found a dead rabbit on the
mat, and Sid has his face buried in it!!!!!!
Sid my friend! Stop honoring me with dead animals!!!
...ahh...good tea.
HA!

I had a cat once, did'nt see a mouse one that year. Well I saw sevral dead ones,heh. But once I got a dog the hunter became the hunted, if you get my meaning...

------------------

Hunter, Scout, Warrior, Woodsmen, Archer

[This message has been edited by Grand-Ranger (edited 06-19-2001).]
Old 06-19-2001, 09:48 PM   #79
kiwidoc
Zhentarim Guard

Epona - you have my deepest sympathies. It sounds really like you have Cluster Headaches. Get your GP to treat them, no point in putting up them. At least you didnt have the joys of a siuns washout.I dont bang my head - I punch and kick walls

Its my birthday today and Djinn Raffo's post reminded my of a very special present I got for my 16th birthday. Sam my tiny little black and white cat, lined up 3 rats outside the back door, all of whic hwere half as big again as he was. Go Sam!!

------------------
There is only one kiwidoc, accept no substitutes

STANDARD OPERATING PROCEEDURE
www.judyhope.co.uk
Old 06-19-2001, 10:54 PM   #80
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Happy Birthday kiwidoc!