Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2001, 05:21 PM   #131
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
Hi Cloudykins,

Hey, I thought you said there were Donuts over here?? Oh well, my travel plans - OK, there are 7 weeks to go - WOOHOO. The hardest thing is going to be getting used to economy class travel again after being spoilt on the last trip. Hopefully I am going to get a chance to catch up with our favorite coffe snack in London (unless he is hiding in shame from Aussie visitors and their succesful cricket team that is ). I am going to be extensively sampling the English, Scottish and Irish culture (pubs), and I may even play the odd round of golf with my mates.

And just maybe by the time I get back from all that, they may just about be getting around to announcing a publisher for Wizardry 8, but I won't be getting my hopes up too high.

So, tell me "Oh she of the silver lining", how are things with you this fine summer morning? (Davros's eyes slide over to the left, where it looks suspiciously like Cloudy has some donut shaped bulges showing under a hastily arranged jacket).

ROTFL! Oh here, take the tray of donuts! How un-hostessly of me... er, enjoy! Now, as for my summer. Not too bad, but allergens have been pretty high! Ugh! I've spent several nice days indoors (Air Con takes the allergens out- or a large percententage of them anyway-filtered). But I've had some nice garden time! My Fireking lilies are starting to bloom and half the roses are still madly putting forth flowers. Some are spent for now and will re-bloom later this summer. Did some weeding today. Nasty vines taking over my snapdragons overnight!

Going to visit my dad's camp one weekend soon. He and my stepmom have a pontoon boat on the lake there and dad says they just got a paddleboat so I won't be bored, at least not if the weather is nice!

Cloudy

------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 06-21-2001, 06:09 PM   #132
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Davros stretches and rubs the sleep from his eyes - oh dear, I have fallen asleep on the coffee lounge couch, a tray of untouched donuts beside me. Slowly I starts to pece together what had happened the previous night. Let's see - OH NO, the last thing I can remember was that I had been talking to Mistress Cloudsparkle, and that she had at least revealved the hidden tray of cinammon coated munchables.

What happened next - surely I didn't just fallen asleep right there in front of her. Uh oh, that's the sort of thing a storm goddess is likley to never let one forget isn't it? She is gunna make me pay for that rudeness. Wait, what was that - something about snap dragons and weeds. The benefits of lilles and daisies?? Wait a miute, she is still talking to me - after 5 hours!!!! Quick man, nod understandingly, and again. Maybe she hasn't noticed that you have had very little input to this conversation in a long time. Maybe she thinks that you have just been a tad reticent. Maybe you can pull this off without major embarrassment. "Uh sorry for interrupting Cloudy, but I just thought I had better let you know I must dash off for work - TGIF huh !!".

(note to self - I think I pulled that off - but beware, for the wrath of a storm queen is not to be trifled with).

------------------
Old 06-21-2001, 06:24 PM   #133
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Quote:
Originally posted by RudeDawg:
"Go forth CONAN!!! Go forth to victory!!"

RudeDawg looks at his hand, and mutters: "One day I will use my powers for GOOD. Nah."

Yes Perrin you need to learn how to use your powers for good. As I do ..

Well sorta.. OH! By the way everyone like my NEW SIG?

------------------

So if in the forest look behind you, because that where the ranger is going to be
Old 06-22-2001, 07:40 AM   #134
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

Yup it looks very nice Grand Ranger. Have you considerd Green lettering? You are a Ranger after all

------------------
Old 06-22-2001, 09:02 AM   #135
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
Davros stretches and rubs the sleep from his eyes - oh dear, I have fallen asleep on the coffee lounge couch, a tray of untouched donuts beside me. Slowly I starts to pece together what had happened the previous night. Let's see - OH NO, the last thing I can remember was that I had been talking to Mistress Cloudsparkle, and that she had at least revealved the hidden tray of cinammon coated munchables.

What happened next - surely I didn't just fallen asleep right there in front of her. Uh oh, that's the sort of thing a storm goddess is likley to never let one forget isn't it? She is gunna make me pay for that rudeness. Wait, what was that - something about snap dragons and weeds. The benefits of lilles and daisies?? Wait a miute, she is still talking to me - after 5 hours!!!! Quick man, nod understandingly, and again. Maybe she hasn't noticed that you have had very little input to this conversation in a long time. Maybe she thinks that you have just been a tad reticent. Maybe you can pull this off without major embarrassment. "Uh sorry for interrupting Cloudy, but I just thought I had better let you know I must dash off for work - TGIF huh !!".

(note to self - I think I pulled that off - but beware, for the wrath of a storm queen is not to be trifled with).
*Ominous rumbles of thunder heard off in the distance as Davros dashes to work*
*little flashes of lightning are seen through Davros' office window*

Cloudbringer slowly picks up the remains of donuts and coffee left near the sofa and carries them to the counter. She thinks Davros is going to be a bit damp after work...but, hehehe, at least he's not wearing full plate mail!

Doze off on the StormQueen, will he? LOL It was nice to hear your travel plans, Davros!

Moridin- "grumble"? Sit down, have something to drink and relax a bit. Do tell us what is troubling you, too , if it would help!

Cloudy

------------------

Storm-Queen
Old 06-22-2001, 09:14 AM   #136
Lord Shield

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
*Ominous rumbles of thunder heard off in the distance as Davros dashes to work*
OMG - who fed him the curry then?

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
http://lordraptor0.tripod.com/index.html

Old 06-22-2001, 10:44 AM   #137
kiwidoc
Zhentarim Guard

kiwidoc wanders in to the cafe looking for good tea, good company and good conversation. Talking of travel plans, guys where do you like to holiday and what do you like to do.

Us UK doctors are really spoiled, we get 6 weeks annual leave a year. I like to take two holidays. One is to "recharge my batteries". This one is in Clare, Ireland and I spend it just soaking up the scenery, meeeting old and new freinds and making music as much as possible. Sitting in a pub listening ot truly world class session makes this wonderful sense of joy come over me. I just close my eyes and I a mlost in the music and can feel all the tensions drain way

My second holiday I like to explore - to clamber over ruins and history. I have been to Saltzberg, Hadrians Wall, Cypress, Brittany - all over. No way do I want to sit on some beach and get drunk. I want to see new things, taste new food and immerse myself in a differnt culture.

So tell me about your vacations aka holidays

------------------
There is only one kiwidoc, accept no substitutes

STANDARD OPERATING PROCEEDURE
www.judyhope.co.uk
Old 06-22-2001, 11:14 AM   #138
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:

Moridin- "grumble"? Sit down, have something to drink and relax a bit. Do tell us what is troubling you, too , if it would help!

Work, work, and more work........%#*$^@ executives are trying to make the company look good by **********corporate security alert********** sorry, I guess they don't want us to let the secret out.....regulatory rules and all....... let's just say I will be extremely busy at work for the next couple of days

MEDIC!

------------------

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
Old 06-22-2001, 11:19 AM   #139
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Davros cheekily pokes his head around the door, axiously peering inwards in search of wrathful Storm Queens. Ruefully he stares at the brilliantly blue sky that brightened his day, and wonders how he could get caught in such a cloudburst by such a friendly sky. Surely Cloudy couldn't be angry with me - she never even realised that I had nodded off. Perhaps someone told her - who could have done such a thing.

Ummm, Kiwidoc, any Donuts about...... what's that, Lamingtons you say - Beaudey then, let's have a couple o those, and something hot to wash it down with. Clare you say - no, not going there this year - only going as far north as Ballybunion this time .

------------------

[This message has been edited by Davros (edited 06-22-2001).]
Old 06-22-2001, 12:31 PM   #140
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Moridin:
Work, work, and more work........%#*$^@ executives are trying to make the company look good by **********corporate security alert********** sorry, I guess they don't want us to let the secret out.....regulatory rules and all....... let's just say I will be extremely busy at work for the next couple of days

MEDIC!

LOL Sorry to hear work is getting so busy, but I sure do sympathize! Pssst...you can tell me all the new plans, I won't tell anyone... LOL

Cloudy, bringing more coffee and napkins

------------------

Storm-Queen