Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2001, 12:20 PM   #21
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

dont ask her what she wants to do. make sure you have a game plan, and stick to it. she will respect you for that. of course, try to pick things that you will BOTH enjoy. do something that you think nobody else has tried with her. dont go to a movie, etc. take her paintballing, or go to a karate class, and let her beat you, you know, something outta the norm. dont try to kiss her.......at all. not even at the end of the date. this SHOULD show her that you arent after that one thing, even if you are. let her be the one to kiss you. unless you get the feeling that she wants you too. then go for it. if she says something along the lines of "if you come with me upstairs.... you WILL get laid!!!!!", that is a good sign. or it could be a test, so i wouldnt do it right off. and yes, that last statement WAS from the wedding singer.

anywho, the point is, be a gentleman, or the opposite if that is her thing, and be different in what you do with her. and make sure you have at least the greater part of the evening planned out, and stick to it. that SHOULD work, at least in my experiences. hope all goes well, and if it didnt do to my advice, i am truly sorry.
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.rleeermey.com/images/linkbanners/usmcredwhiteblue.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Protector of Elves<br />Slayer of Orcs<br /><br />ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!!<br />I DON\'T FIGHT FOR HONOR, I FIGHT TO WIN!<br />\"One who is a samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...the fact that he has to die\". <br />-Daidoji Yuzan-<br />16th Century
Old 11-29-2001, 12:27 PM   #22
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

oh yeah, and when i say "GENTLEMAN" i dont mean stuffy like. i mean just be considerate, and understanding. dont ignore her, pay attention, etc. and the thing about her saying "if you come upstairs.......etc", that was a joke. i have NEVER had a one night stand. most girls who give it up on the first date are sluts, and not worth the time. if that is what you are looking for however, then by all means, do it.

and this is something i hate. im not a smoker. i went on a date that smoked worse than firekragg. i hated it. she stunk, and it ruined my night. if she doesnt smoke, or shoot heroin, or smoke weed, or anything, dont do it around HER. and dont ask her if she does first either. that stuff shouldnt be done anyway, but especially in this situation. if you wouldnt like it, dont do it. that is my motto.
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.rleeermey.com/images/linkbanners/usmcredwhiteblue.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Protector of Elves<br />Slayer of Orcs<br /><br />ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!!<br />I DON\'T FIGHT FOR HONOR, I FIGHT TO WIN!<br />\"One who is a samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...the fact that he has to die\". <br />-Daidoji Yuzan-<br />16th Century
Old 11-29-2001, 12:31 PM   #23
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Let me explain my philosophy with you on what I found successful.

A person generally likes the opportunity to talk about themselves. Their goals, dreams, etc. If they find someone who is genuinly interested in what they have to say, they enjoy it very much and will think to themselves.."I like talking to him, because he listens, but does not try to solve my problems...and has interesting feedback.
I pride myself on the ability to talk to anyone about anything. But my ability is better on women than on men. Men are harder to talk to, because they tend to not have the concern and understanding a woman does. If you show this girl that you are not the same as the others...that you are not a stereotypical guy...she will like that.
>Warning...If you and your mother do not get along...don't let her know that. A woman watches how a guy treats his own mother.
Do not be overy silent. She will think you are not enjoying yourself if you are too bashful and quiet. Yet do not dominate the conversation. You have to decide if she is a dominate conversationalist or not. If she is, then share the time. If she is quiet...take the lead, slowly and easily.
Do not make fun of other people and do not behave like a child out in public. Do not embarrase her by being a boy. She wants to see the man in you. She wants to see if you are the type to be successful in life, have a bright future ahead of you, etc. A woman wants security, afterall. If she seems to be the self-sufficient type...fine...don't allow her to think that she tops you. Be her match. Do not top her abilities nor fall under them.
Be her equal.

That is how I do it, anyway...
Old 11-29-2001, 02:42 PM   #24
MagiK

quote:
Originally posted by Epona:

Well I can guarantee that if any bloke did this to me, there would be no 'nekked' EVER, let alone at the end of the evening.
I hate this stuff. I'm not interested in your wallet, a limo, roses, flashy clothes, these things mean nothing. It would make me feel really uncomfortable actually, and I would think that the man in question was trying too hard to impress and it just would strike me as being false.
Good film and a veg curry would go down much better.

Ohh my Epona too bad you aren't older and available..finaly a woman who isn't checkin for the size of your wallet [img]smile.gif[/img] I cant tell you how many women I have met lately who are only interested in when I can take them to the islands

Old 11-29-2001, 03:09 PM   #25
Neb
Account deleted by Request

quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:

Ohh my Epona too bad you aren't older and available.....

That's funny, often here on IW I find myself wishing for some of those here to be younger and availiable......
Old 11-29-2001, 03:09 PM   #26
Jorath Calar
Harper

Wow, thanks guys, you've been a lot of help... well specially the ladies [img]smile.gif[/img] . I was just joking about that "getting naked" part in my first post, that is not what I'm after at all. Not at first anyway. I just like her very much and want to get to know her better, and would never even think about lying to her.
We have talked about going to the movies (Sorry Morgan, I know it's lame [img]smile.gif[/img] ) and then going to a coffee house or something like that...
Now I'm just going to look forward to it and then enjoy myself.
Thanks guys, you are the best [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-29-2001, 03:15 PM   #27
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Errr - I'm older and available.....

Oh, and despite rumours to the contrary, Scotsmen are generous, warm hearted, loyal and make intense and inventive lovers [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img]

Best of luck Jorath, your plan seems fine [img]graemlins/wavey.gif[/img]

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)
Old 11-29-2001, 03:18 PM   #28
Melusine
Dracolisk

Jorath, good luck and have fun!!!!! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Oh, and IMO, going to a movie isn't lame at all! If you both like going to movies, it's a good choice, because you'll both feel comfortable and enjoy yourselves! plus it gives you something to talk about in that coffeehouse

Mouse... Oooooh.... that sounds tempting... too bad I saw those Velcro gloves in your cupboard! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
So here's a warning: Never date Scotsmen, ladies!
Old 11-29-2001, 03:33 PM   #29
Jorath Calar
Harper

Well I don't think the movies are lame either, but Morgan suggested I took her paintballing or karate lessons and going to the movie just doesn't sound as exciting compared to that [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-29-2001, 03:36 PM   #30
Melusine
Dracolisk

quote:
Originally posted by Jorath Calar:
Well I don't think the movies are lame either, but Morgan suggested I took her paintballing or karate lessons and going to the movie just doesn't sound as exciting compared to that [img]smile.gif[/img]

Well, but he's a guy and I'm a girl, so whose advice would you rather take?
Personally, I'd much sooner go to a movie with a guy than go paintballing.... though I do like lasershooting [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Anyway, whatever you plan will be fine as long as you both enjoy it.... again, good luck! [img]smile.gif[/img]