Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2001, 07:39 PM   #31
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

just saying hi and welcome to the newbies [img]smile.gif[/img]

Catch me if you can..
Old 11-23-2001, 07:41 PM   #32
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
LOL, Seph...you crazy dude

i agree, that is what some select people have told me in recent days.
Old 11-24-2001, 01:50 AM   #33
J.J.
Symbol of Cyric

Stickies? I don't know, cloudsylph, the board has always let things fall where they may, leaving it to popularity among members (your threads); or dogged persistence by the author (my threads ) to keep them up in the presence and front page of the forum. The sticky seems an abrogation of the darwinistic nature of the board, a lichen clinging firmly to a rock in the swiftly running river all our thoughts must swim in.

Please, do not take this the wrong way - I think a welcome thread to new and old members is a good idea - but should it not float, swimming swiftly now, eddying then, as all our collective thought do? An artificially created reef only works in the sluggish, shallow tidal pools of thought to create new life. In an abundant stream of conciousness that never ceases flowing anew, it seems to be a new construct changing the flow. This is from a day or so of observation of refreshing the discussion page - a building of something permanent in a place where impermanence is in the very nature of existence.

Am I making any sense? I hope my metaphor 'groks' you - and I am very interested in hearing what you think of my muddled maunderings? [img]smile.gif[/img]

and of course...
Welcome new and old! [img]smile.gif[/img] To the best darn forum in the multiverse.

Amanda, Kyleia, and Kathleen\'s Dad-Best Damn Job, Period.

Official procrastinator of the O.L.D. C.O.O.T.S. Clan
unOfficial Homeopathic Quacktitioner of the IW Realm
Old 11-24-2001, 02:30 AM   #34
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Damn, JJ.. you gotta lay off the Nyquil, buddy! [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]

ANY NEW MEMBERS OUT THERE.. feel free to say hi here too! And all you long time members and not so long time.. feel free to say welcome! Try not to spam up the thread though.. we want all of our new communtity members to have a chance to read this and feel welcome and wanted. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Hey, Memsy, thanks for keeping an eye on the HOWDY thread here.. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Cloudy
Old 11-24-2001, 05:48 AM   #35
J.J.
Symbol of Cyric

quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Damn, JJ.. you gotta lay off the Nyquil, buddy! [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]

Cloudy

Huh? no nyquil here, oh cumulonimbleness one, but am still interested in your response. The slightly whimsical tone is simply a bit of poetic license, hopefully it did not disguise my meaning?
I will delete, or you can, these posts after my original one when we are done here [img]smile.gif[/img]

Amanda, Kyleia, and Kathleen\'s Dad-Best Damn Job, Period.

Official procrastinator of the O.L.D. C.O.O.T.S. Clan
unOfficial Homeopathic Quacktitioner of the IW Realm
Old 11-24-2001, 08:59 AM   #36
Jorath Calar
Harper

quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:

[img]tongue.gif[/img] Thanks, I have now...

Would you believe that the first time I typed it all out, I thought I'd copy the whole thing in case something went wrong, but instead of using the Ctrl button, I rightclicked on it...my mouse slipped and I accidentally hit 'paste'!!!! [img]graemlins/madhell.gif[/img]
I have never been so frustrated in my life!
[img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

I don't mean to add insult to injure Mel but if you had pressed CTRL + Z you would have gotten it back...

(Can you believe that I actually pressed ctrl instead of shift and erased this message... and had to type it againthere is apparently only 1 undo [img]smile.gif[/img] so, you see it works... [img]smile.gif[/img] )
Old 11-24-2001, 09:23 AM   #37
Barb
Symbol of Cyric

[img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img] Hello Mods!!! [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]

Hello

[img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img] HELLO WELCOME TO IRONWORKS! ENJOY. [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]

Old 11-24-2001, 12:27 PM   #38
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

Gawrsh, it's daunting to add to this thread... so many pretty "Welcomes" that my simple little ol' plain text "GLAD YOU ALL ARE HERE" will seem dull by comparison!!

However, I am sincerely glad that each and every one of you, "Oldbies" and "Newbies", have made your way here to our wonderful world community. And as ever, I am thankful to Ziroc for making it possible!

Hail and Well-met!
Old 11-24-2001, 03:15 PM   #39
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by J.J.:

Huh? no nyquil here, oh cumulonimbleness one, but am still interested in your response. The slightly whimsical tone is simply a bit of poetic license, hopefully it did not disguise my meaning?
I will delete, or you can, these posts after my original one when we are done here [img]smile.gif[/img]

I think a Welcome thread is the ideal candidate for Sticky-hood, JJ. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Jorath.. eeef! *looks around for the Colorful Melusine* She may not want to hear that now! LOL

Barb, COOL welcome stuff!

Cloudy
Old 11-24-2001, 03:16 PM   #40
Lucre
Elminster

[img]graemlins/starhappy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/1dizzy.gif[/img] HELLO! [img]graemlins/1dizzy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/starhappy.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/drinkup.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/cheers.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/santawave.gif[/img] WELCOME [img]graemlins/santawave.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/cheers.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drinkup.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/wiggle.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/yippee.gif[/img] EVERYONE [img]graemlins/yippee.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/wiggle.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/musicband.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/music06.gif[/img] NEW AND OLD [img]graemlins/music06.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/musicband.gif[/img]