Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2002, 04:09 PM   #1
cattya
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Vexing Thoughts requests to kill an innocent. I've gone back to Lonelywood and tried killing Karll or other folks out by the horses and it results in my paladin and ranger losing their status due to this ugly act. Please help! Who am I supposed to kill to satisfy Vexing Thoughts?
cattya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2002, 04:13 PM   #2
andrewas
Harper

Any innnocent would do. My personal preference would be that annoying girl with the story about the well, but any should do. However - a party with a ranger and a paladin really woudnt be dealing with a demon, and there is a way to get the reward without killing an innocent. SPoilers available if you want.
Old 08-31-2002, 06:46 PM   #3
cattya
Elite Waterdeep Guard

hi andrewas. please send spoiler. i would like the reward, but don't want to kill an innocent and sacrifice the good standing needed for my paladin and ranger.
cattya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2002, 01:06 AM   #4
Auril
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Spoiler:

Ok, here is what to do with Vexing Thoughts. Use the spell "contact other plane". Ask for the name of Vexing Thoughts. Once you know his name, talk to him again. Tell him you command him using his name. You will get a much better armor from him.

Vexed Armor
AC 1
Cold Res 100%
Con +2
Cast Firestorm 1 day
Can summon Chalimandren
Old 09-01-2002, 06:07 AM   #5
andrewas
Harper

You also need to find the spell "Contact Other Plane". There isnt one on the island (One walkthrough states theres one on the mage in the SE of burial isle, be I coudnt find it). The innkeeper in lonelywood has a secret. Find his room and find the secret door, and youll be able to buy scolls from him.

The spell has a few other minor uses, but Vexing Thoughts is the major one.
Old 09-01-2002, 06:20 AM   #6
Will the Wierldling
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I was wondering about that spell. Seemed pretty useless when I got it. Now it makes more sense why they included it in the game...
Will
Old 09-04-2002, 05:12 PM   #7
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

I always brought the armor back to the temple in lonelywood placed it on one of my guys than killed the spirit to gain experiance for my other 5 members. The reason I would fight my battle in the temple is in case one of my elves got killed.
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote