Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2003, 05:51 AM   #21
Ken Rauhl
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by lethoso:
BG2 is superior in all aspects except for multiplayer, diablo 2 has a much more flowing multiplayer mode...
talking abt addictive and fun (yes, a different kinda fun), D2 wins
Old 04-11-2003, 06:03 AM   #22
Kaltia
Jack Burton

No comparison whatsoever.
I played d2 on b-net for over a year, but the game is flooded with hackers and pk'rs, and because i am a girl, it didn't go any easier on me.
Quote:
Them: are you a girl?
me: yeah....
them (either) girls suk at d2 they can't play at all 9or0 i'm not trying to hat u up or nefin, but r u fit?

in the end, flooded with sexist brats, duped items, pk'rs (people who kill your character "for a laugh" when they're about 30 levels stronger) and mind numbing boredom, I quit [img]smile.gif[/img]
Bg, on the other hand, i've had since it came out, and I can replay it over and over and over again [img]smile.gif[/img]

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Old 04-11-2003, 06:04 AM   #23
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

None of them is "better". It depends on who you ask. Wich color is "better"? Blue or Red?

But if you just want opinions, here's mine.

Baldur's Gate II
Good interactive story based game. Lots of dialogs. Great Single player, but not really made for multiplayer. Allow game modification.

Diablo II
Pure hack and slash, item based game, made for multiplayer. Prevent game modification and cheating.

Both games are fun in their own way. When I feel like just killing things, having fun with friends, and collecting ubber loot, I play Diablo II on battle net. When I feel like roleplaying and playing an epic saga, I play BG II.

As for replayability value, you can't include fan made mods if you want a real comparison of the two games. It's not part of the real game, it would be like including fan fiction when reviewing a movie or game.
Old 04-11-2003, 07:14 AM   #24
Legolas
Jack Burton

To answer that question, red is better [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Blue makes rooms look bigger. Red makes rooms appear warmer.
Rooms which seem larger but are not merely serve to tempt the owner into wasting money on items to fill it up.
Rooms which seem warmer let you save money on heating.

Also, anything that's red goes faster

Say NO to the Trouser Tyranny!
Old 04-11-2003, 07:33 AM   #25
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Luvian is right. Its all a matter of personal preferance. I think the BG series is by far better than Diablo 2, but that is my opinion
Old 04-11-2003, 08:38 AM   #26
MagiK

Apples and oranges comparison guys.

Old 06-04-2003, 06:15 AM   #27
Spirits forever

Question Mark

OK.........well both diablo 2and baldurs gates suxx ......ICEWIND DALE 2 rules....Sooo many choices of charaqcter making...AHHHhhhhhhhh....Anyway Everybody should play this game...

Old 06-04-2003, 06:19 AM   #28
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:
diablo 2 = fun, no long english sentence. no headache.

BG2 = not fun, got long english sentence. lots of headache.
Where is that LEMON avatar..... HMMMM!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 06-04-2003, 06:20 AM   #29
andrewas
Harper

HI, welcome to the forums.

Resurrecting an old thread like this is generaly pointless, since the conversation is long dead.

Oh, and I have to disagree with you. BG2 is awesome, IWD2 is second rate at best.
Old 06-04-2003, 06:39 AM   #30
Raistlin Majere
Ra

pfff, what a dumb question, of course BG2 kicks diablo2's arse any day of the week ! granted, diablo2 is a good game which i have played ALOT in years passed. but, i have played BG2 atleast as much, and im still playing! like crimsonblade said, the mods made for BG2 give the game more replay value, while the only thing that keeps diablo2 live and kicking is the multiplayer(the expansion SUCKED!). i guess you could just say thats my opinion, but theres really no room for aruements. BG2 is the better game!

Quote:
Originally posted by Ken Rauhl:
quote:
Originally posted by TheGrandSlayer:
Diablo is ABSOLUTE CRAP!I got a demo version, it SUCKS!
Vote: BG II
i got a BG 2 demo version, it is crap. lol, such logic [/QUOTE]thats why i NEVER play any demo version! they always make the game look about 10x worse than it really is. lets look at bg2: the beginning of the game is bad, theyve made a wonderful MOD which allows you to skip it! The rest of the game=a brilliant never before seen rpg which reaches an unbeliavable depth of story! Diablo 2 has a crappy beginning(though no-ones made a mod which allows to skip it! i know, its too long and important to skip, but its still boring as hell) but the rest of the game if OK. which goes to show that demos only allow you to play the crappiest part of the game .

[ 06-04-2003, 06:48 AM: Message edited by: Raistlin Majere ]

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."