Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2002, 10:45 AM   #1
jsteng
Dungeon Master

After reading info on Ninjas, I realized that sling will not give me the INSTAKILL bonus. I need to use Darts, Throw Knives, Shurikens to get that bonus.

Question: where do we get these items?

I have been saving those throwables from Monastery to Arnika, and buying every single one from shops and all is spent in just a few fights.

This makes me rethink, ninja sucks without these throwable weapons. There should be a patch where these throwables are made available in bigger quantity and have the shop restock after a day.

Also, make rocks throwable as is <--- not needing slings! without the sling, damage and range is half <- this way there is the difference of using plain rocks or with sling. Ever thought that a baseball pitcher can kill with his baseball pitching?
jsteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2002, 12:11 PM   #2
Merulus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Most of the shops will have more items if you camp for a day and then come back. Really, though, one of the nice things about ninja is that they can critical with just about anything… darts, knives, swords, flails, staves, their bare hands, whatever (except bows and slings, of course… that’s strictly ranger-only territory). So when I use a ninja I normally don’t use just throwing weapons… It generally works better to have your ninja train in at least one other weapon skill that he can use in close combat.

If all you’re looking for is ranged criticals, though, you’d be much better off with a ranger (or a gadgeteer with the right ammo).
Merulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2002, 01:02 PM   #3
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Also, keep in mind that shop merchandise is somewhat random. After you've camped for the 24 hours, save the game before talking to the storekeeper. If you don't like what you see, restore the game and try again.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2002, 02:01 AM   #4
jsteng
Dungeon Master

Is there really a "Boomerang Shuriken" item in the game?

Is it a shuriken type - throwable weapon or what?

Does it return like a boomerang?

If so, then this might answer my big problem. Just get it and Ninja never runs out of throwables. Now where is it?
jsteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2002, 02:17 AM   #5
chimera99
The Magister

All you have to do is kill a sorceress, 2 death knights, and their friends, and they are yours.
chimera99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2002, 10:03 AM   #6
Merulus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

It does exist, and it works like a shuriken in every way except that you can throw it as often as you like. You can find it in the temple in the SE wilderness.

However, as chimera99 said, you’ll have to take care of a few beasties before you can claim it…
Merulus is offline   Reply With Quote