Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2001, 02:57 PM   #11
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Tiamat:
Can a sorceror join? Im just askin! Im currently lvl. 8, but i can be helpful- yes!

You are the third person that has asked to join our adventure, and has not been answered by either a yes or no.

For the duration of this story, K. Spree is in charge of how this is handled. I do not want to upset her idea of where this is to conclude, nor do I want to confuse our plot anymore. We already have each of the five participants involved in subplots, and I am afraid we will get lost and ruin the story if we add more sub-plots.
Yet, I do not speak for the group. Not yet, anyway.
I would say that in the end, it would take mutual agreement to allow another player in.

After all, we are logging this story, with hopes to publish it on somebody's web-site, once it has concluded.

Besides, you are already involved in more than one story on this board. Why add more stress to your life? We might just work you to death!

Gee...I hope I did not sound like too big of a jerk...sorry if that was too strong of an answer...I really do hope to involve others in later adventures, but we have some things to clear up in our own story first.
I appreciate your proposal, nonetheless.

------------------

3rd Member of the Ancient OHF and Diamond Ranger of the ALSB (secretarial position & Ambassador)
Father of the wicked but cute child known as MaryBeth

Padre de una niña bien traviosa pero guapa
---------------------
Aisukuríimu ga tabetái desu.

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 10-09-2001).]

Old 10-09-2001, 03:00 PM   #12
H. Sedai

ooc: Thanks for that reply Larry. It definitely answered my unspoken questions. Good adventuring to you!!

------------------
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
-Robert McCloskey

Old 10-09-2001, 03:44 PM   #13
Deiter Leafblade
Emerald Dragon

-Deiter looked over at the boats"I don't mind, but I don't have a clue on how to work on." He said answering Larrys question.

------------------

" If you are guided by the stars, you will only be able to travel by night. If you are guided by a map, you will be dependant on a piece of paper that is easily lost. If you are guided by your soul, you will always choose the right path."
Old 10-09-2001, 04:15 PM   #14
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

(ooc: NI! Hey ya'll! Sorry, just FINALLY got done with my godamn math homework... Remind me WHY I care about it?! A'ight let's get going shall we? Oh and for all who want to join, for the ramainder of this plot I believe we should refrain from newcomers. When the tavern is open we'll welcome them with open arms, but for now I think it would be less chaotic to close it off to the current people. My midget friend from school keeps pestering me to join, I told him maybe next week.)

~Killing Spree looks somewhat modestly at her boots.~ "Well... I... I spent a fair time 'round the docks when I went to the city with Nightblade." ~Her blue eyes trace the sails of the small boat. One could notice that she never called her father by any sort of pet name, always Nightblade.~ "I think I could manage it, though we don't have the slightest clue where we're going, I'm sure I could run it that is." ~She looks at Larry and Deiter, shrugging.~

------------------
"A man who won't die for something is not fit to live."

[This message has been edited by Killing Spree (edited 10-09-2001).]
Old 10-09-2001, 04:25 PM   #15
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

"I have never sailed before, either. However, I trust Killing Spree to manage things properly. And - do we have a choice? We must rescue Mistral before it is too late!"
Old 10-09-2001, 04:53 PM   #16
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

~Smiles at the vote of confidence from Kaz.~ "The surf looks a bit rough, so you land-lovers might get sick." ~She laughs.~ "Winds seem nice enough and I should think the sooner we leave the better." ~She absent-mindedly rubs the red scythe on her wrist. Then looks at Deiter and Larry.~ "Shall we then?"
Old 10-09-2001, 05:40 PM   #17
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

*BUMP* Anybody home?
Old 10-09-2001, 05:46 PM   #18
Deiter Leafblade
Emerald Dragon

ooc: Sorry I'm back

-Deiter nodded at Killing Spree"Hmm now we need to find a boat to take..." Looking at all of the boats he shook his head looking confused.

------------------

" If you are guided by the stars, you will only be able to travel by night. If you are guided by a map, you will be dependant on a piece of paper that is easily lost. If you are guided by your soul, you will always choose the right path."

[This message has been edited by Deiter Leafblade (edited 10-09-2001).]
Old 10-09-2001, 06:02 PM   #19
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

ooc...I am here, and am getting ready to go home from work. Then, of course there is dinner, putting the child to bed...blah, blah, blah...

OK...let's go...

"Great to hear that somebody knows how to steer one of those things!
I was beginning to worry.
Now, shall we wait until night"?

~Night falls on the city~

The quartet of would-be heroes sneak into the shipyard that night, picking out what they assume to be a reasonably good looking sea-going vessel. Nobody is out guarding the ships because a tavern was conveniently built near the harbor, and Larry had paid some of the sailors a few hours ago to tell them of some sea monster stories. Since the brutes had money to spend, they did so, at the tavern of course...

They board thier chosen ship, and K. Spree begins to bark out orders on how to get free from the dock and sail out. They do so in the most silent manner possible.

ooc...definately your go with this one, now, K.S!! hehe
see you guys a bit later on. Don't throw me overboard or nothing...I am a good swimmer!

Old 10-09-2001, 06:12 PM   #20
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

OOC: Larry, won't be seeing you. It is past midnight here, must go to bed sometime. To repost a question from the other thread, how on EARTH are we going to play NWN when we have 3 people in the US, one in Europe and one in Singapore?
A black raven with silver eyes flew towards the ship, landing on Kaz's shoulder. He looked ruffled and had lost several feathers. Kaz winced at the mental barrage she was getting from her grumpy familiar. "That way," she said, pointing.