Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2007, 10:45 PM   #1
Klorox
Symbol of Cyric

Are unused skillpoints carried over to the next level, or are they lost?

TIA

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."-- Edmund Burke
Klorox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 04:36 AM   #2
Aerich
Lord Ao

They carry over. It's a boon for dumb non-human fighters, otherwise they'd never be able to get any skill points into Concentration (a cross-class skill for fighters), which is a pre-req for the feat Maximized Attacks. Fighters have it rough when it comes to skills.

Another quick note on skill points: if you have one or more characters that is going to take an early rogue level, start any such character as a rogue for double the starting skill points.

I don't think you can carry over skill points to lvl 2 from character creation, though; although I'd have to check that - it seems to me that you have to distribute them all before moving to the next step of character creation. Too bad, because it would enable starting a character as a rogue for extra skill points and saving the points to put toward other skills (say for a rogue/wizard that is going to do all of the item identification).
Old 01-29-2007, 10:25 PM   #3
Raffin
Dungeon Master

As far as I can tell from playing, you are allowed to carry over one point each time you level up, ie. you have to spend until you've spent all points, or have one left, and this carries over.

-Raffin
Raffin is offline   Reply With Quote