Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2002, 12:30 AM   #1
Wizard
Elite Waterdeep Guard

hi
this is my first post here, I am in the serpent temple and am trying to do the ceremony of summoning with the insence, spider nectar and wand, all of which I have. I cant get the book with the answers that are asked for.
The reason is I can not seem to get the snake figurine from under the Iron floor room, (near back entrance)I go under either of the rooms and into the water then the interconnecting tunnel, then i follow the narrow tunnel until there is a monster which i can kill, however at this point it is impossible to continue further down the tunnel (this is the point where the tunnel emerges from the water) my characters are physically stuck and are unable to proceed, I can only go back, by which time im usually out of air.
Please help
Leigh
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2002, 01:20 AM   #2
D*one
Manshoon

First,

Breath in, now breath out. Better? Ok, no worries about the snake figurine. You dont really need it. Just go to the search desk of the frequently asked question, and in there somewhere Wyv and crew have a list of topics.....in there are the words you need to speak to the serpent head when you do the ritual in the make shift bar-b-que pit......thats the only reason why you need the figurine.

I'll repost the actual saying.....
D*one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2002, 01:24 AM   #3
D*one
Manshoon

The serpent idol later allows you to retrieve the book of the servant, which is required when you summon the spirit of Xydusa.

Since you can't retrieve the Serpent Idol, you can't retrieve the book of the serpent and thus, you can't complete the Serpent temple (and the game).

So, here's the content of the book of the servant:

1- When the Serpent charms... the servant bows
2- When the Serpent schemes... the servant dreams
OR
When the Serpent dreams... the servant schemes (sorry, I'm not sure which is which... you'll figure it out when asked)
3- When the serpent sleeps... the servant waits
4- When the Serpent strikes... the servant prays

With this information, you should be able to complete the Serpent Temple... and save Wyvern from editing your game

FINAL NOTE: If you have the lyrics (above) you DO NOT need to retrieve the Serpent Figurine. Don't worry about it, kill the slime, back out of the water and finish the Temple

copied from ryn's post in best tips......
Old 01-26-2002, 01:47 AM   #4
Wizard
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thankx for your speedy reply D*one

It did occour to ask if all i needed was the words.

I will continue on

Leigh
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2002, 10:02 AM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, Wizard!!!

You'll frequently find answers to questions in the Best Tips thread. I am maintaining an index of sorts in the very first post on page one to help players avoid getting "spoiled". Help on the snake idol and the responses for the ritual are on page 3, I believe.

You've already been provided with the responses for the ritual so you should be all set. Good Luck!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2002, 01:09 AM   #6
D*one
Manshoon

Wizard,

No problem....Glad I can help in anyway possible...I know I have asked many questions (Sometimes I feel too much) but hey thats what this board is here for, right!

I had just finished the Serpent Temple so I know exactly what you are dealing with. I hope I did not spoil anything for you...

but in the mean time have fun with the game

peaceÜ
Old 01-27-2002, 11:04 PM   #7
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I got stuck (and drowned several times) when first trying to get the serpent idol, even after slaying the slime.

One thing that has occasionally helped when stuck like that is hitting the space bar to go to the next character. Sometimes, that jiggles the pixels just enough to let you through.

It also may have been that the space bar took me from an Oomphaz to a Pixie, but we can't be sure about that...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote