Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2006, 01:02 PM   #11
dplax
Jack Burton

Ebaumsworld policy of "tell us if you want your stuff removed and we'll do so", would equate to in real life copying a famous painting without the artists knowledge and then showing it as your own, with a very small next to it saying that if you are the artist contact us and we'll remove it. Most of the time the original artist won't even know that his stuff has been copied though...

dplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 01:14 PM   #12
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Quote:
Originally posted by dplax:
Ebaumsworld policy of "tell us if you want your stuff removed and we'll do so", would equate to in real life copying a famous painting without the artists knowledge and then showing it as your own, with a very small next to it saying that if you are the artist contact us and we'll remove it. Most of the time the original artist won't even know that his stuff has been copied though...
And what makes it worse in this case is that even when these artists contact him, their work still isn't removed!
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 01:52 PM   #13
dplax
Jack Burton

I wouldn't be surprised if sooner or later a lawsuit grows out of this whole thing...both against ebaumsworld for stealing and against those who visited its headquarters and hacked it for not choosing the right response.

[ 01-12-2006, 01:52 PM: Message edited by: dplax ]

dplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 02:24 PM   #14
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally posted by dplax:
I wouldn't be surprised if sooner or later a lawsuit grows out of this whole thing...both against ebaumsworld for stealing and against those who visited its headquarters and hacked it for not choosing the right response.
Yeah, two wrongs do not make a right. There are much better ways of handling that kind of thing. If I went there and found my music playing on something, he'd be getting some calls from people he can't intimidate into silence. The pay if we win attorneys can be pretty intimidating when they want to be, and would for sure be the best route to handling it, unless you can either afford an attorney, or found yourself with a record label's attorneys going after him.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 03:05 PM   #15
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

A short timeline of things:
-eBaum's site features works from FARK, Something Awful, YTMND, SEGA, Newgrounds and others.
-the aforementioned complain
-eBaum's site censores all links that connect to other sites of similar type(Newgrounds, Something Awful, etc.)
-eBaum's site browses through it's members' names, and bans anyone who has an account on the aforementioned
-Something Awful contacts eBaum to remove works that belong to Something Awful members
-eBaum gives Something Awful the finger
-Something Awful sends a Cease and Desist request, which is granted
-eBaum ignores it, is modified to attack Something Awful with DDoS attacks firstly, PoDs later on
-Something Awful calls authorities, the authorities are clueless
-World Wide Web War One breaks out