Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2001, 06:11 PM   #1
Gaelic
Elminster

Ok, here is my problem. I have a Gateway Pentium II 400mhz computer with 192megs of RAM and an NVIDIA RIVA 128/128ZX video card. I am a computer moron so I have Windows ME as my OS. My driver for the video card is, apparently, uncertified. I am having trouble running a couple of games and I think it may be due to the video card driver. I am going to get a new computer in the next year, so I don't want to buy a new video card for this one. I have searched high and low for a new driver with no luck. Any words of wisdom?

------------------
Gaelic

[This message has been edited by Gaelic (edited 06-16-2001).]
Old 06-16-2001, 06:16 PM   #2
Charean
Hathor

You can try the NVidea drivers or just go to Riva and get thiers... sometimes one driver works better than the other. Had experience with this, too.

------------------

Defender for the Light -
Goodness knows there is a lot of Dark out there!! - Where are my matches?!?
Wandering Soul - Finding my life's calling is Bodhisattva
You are what your deep driving desire is; As your deep driving desire is, so is your will; As your will is so is your deed; As your deed is so is your destiny.
The Upanishads
Old 06-16-2001, 06:36 PM   #3
Gaelic
Elminster

I have looked everywhere, but i can't find any labled as Windows ME. I have found some for Windows 2000, but I am hesitant to experiment because I am not exactly a computer genius. I don't want to endlessly lock up my system. Doues anyone know of a resource for Windows ME supported drivers?

------------------
Gaelic
Old 06-16-2001, 06:37 PM   #4
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Just checked - there is a new Detonator driver available on the NVIDIA site. And believe it or not, it would appear that the cuddly lab rats at Microsoft have certified it

------------------
Regards

Mouse
Old 06-16-2001, 06:40 PM   #5
Gaelic
Elminster

I saw that one as well, but the Riva 128/128zx was not listed as a supported card. In fact, I could find no reference to it on the entire Nvidia website. I figure it can probably use the driver from one of the other cards, but I don't know which one.

ACK! I hate this.

------------------
Gaelic
Old 06-16-2001, 06:48 PM   #6
Charean
Hathor

Try a search on Google.com

------------------

Defender for the Light -
You are what your deep driving desire is; As your deep driving desire is, so is your will; As your will is so is your deed; As your deed is so is your destiny.
The Upanishads
Old 06-16-2001, 07:00 PM   #7
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Try typing "riva" without quotes in the search box at the top right of the NVIDIA page - it will take you to the download page for the Riva 128 drivers.

------------------
Regards

Mouse
Old 06-16-2001, 07:30 PM   #8
BladeMaster

I thought Windows ME and Windows 2000 were the same. Correct me if I am wrong.

------------------
By Clanggedin. What does a Dwarf have to do to get a drink around here. Say hi to my lover Tess.

http://www.angelfire.com/rpg/evermeet

Old 06-16-2001, 08:40 PM   #9
IdiotRogue
Manshoon

This reply is not spam... it is also, however, of no practical use:

Microsoft RAT BASTARDS!

There... I feel much better now... Just wish Bill Gates would adhere to the terms of the antitrust settlement and quit having his guys write code that negates hardware and programs developed by companies that don't kiss his obscenely wealthy butt...

------------------
{Next time I send some damned fool, I'll go myself...}
Old 06-16-2001, 08:45 PM   #10
Charean
Hathor

Quote:
Originally posted by BladeMaster:
I thought Windows ME and Windows 2000 were the same. Correct me if I am wrong.
Windows ME is based loosely on 98 for gamers

Windows 2000 is based on NT... for office use - lousy for gamers because of the security of the OS

They are working on combining security and gaming ability into one OS... that is being beta tested now... look out... and find NEW drivers... ick....

And IdiotRogue... you are too kind to Bill Gates.. the man is the Anti-Christ (even tho Wolfie thinks Steve Jobs is! LOL)

------------------

Defender for the Light -
The Upanishads