Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2002, 11:29 PM   #1
Angry Dwarf
Elite Waterdeep Guard

ok i was fighting in spellhold, and Korgan and Iomen got killed. not splattered in little chunks, just killed like normal. Harper's call out case, do damage to the caster but not bring them back to life. now that i am finally out of spellhold, i took them to a temple and the temple can't bring them back to life either. raise and reserection neither one work! whats wrong? bug? i applied the newest patch about 1/2-way through my game, however i used harpers call after that and it worked fine. any ideas?
Old 02-14-2002, 11:42 PM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

You are either playing on Core/Hard/Insane difficulty. There is a resurrection roll to determine whether the resurrection succeeds or not. They failed, so they stay dead.

Resurrection rolls are determined by the person's CON.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2002, 11:53 PM   #3
Sir Michael
Manshoon

That can't be it...I've played through a few times, and I've never has a problem raising or resurrecting anyone. Besides, Korgan has a 19 CON which means he has a 100% chance of resurrection survival. Imoens is 16, which gives her a 98% chance. It must be a program bug, or something else weird going on.

My first thought was for you to make sure you point to the character you are raising, and not to his stuff on the ground (a mistake I've made), but if you've tried at a temple, too, I don't know...
\"You see things; and you say \'Why?\' But I dream things that never were; and I say \'Why not?\'\"<br />-George Bernard Shaw<br /><br />\"Men take only their needs into consideration never their abilities.\"<br />-Napoleon Bonaparte
Sir Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2002, 12:53 AM   #4
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

if they splat into chunks,that means that they cannot be restored, right?
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.rleeermey.com/images/linkbanners/usmcredwhiteblue.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Protector of Elves<br />Slayer of Orcs<br /><br />ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!!<br />I DON\'T FIGHT FOR HONOR, I FIGHT TO WIN!<br />\"One who is a samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...the fact that he has to die\". <br />-Daidoji Yuzan-<br />16th Century
Morgan_Corbesant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2002, 01:08 AM   #5
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Except Angry Dwarf said that they did not splatter into little meaty chunks.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2002, 01:11 AM   #6
Mellagar

If they get splattered into little chucky bits, all you can do is scoop them up into a little baggy and carry them around to show 'this used to be a friend of mine.' (In short that means no, you can raise them if they get blown apart.)
Mellagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2002, 04:36 AM   #7
Whailor

I play always with Core rules at least and NEVER had any problems raising anyone from dead, whatever the CON is. You have there some bug probably, so just "cheat" and raise them. Use the CTRL+R key on their face, or use Shadow Keeper, whatever you prefer. In any case they SHOULD be resurectable, either by your spells, or the wand, or definately by the church. Since none of these options work, it's some sort of bug.

And, when the char gets blown to pieces, they cannot be resurected. Neither will their portraits be seen after that. Basically if you see their portraits, it means they can be resurected.
Old 02-15-2002, 10:10 AM   #8
Angry Dwarf
Elite Waterdeep Guard

well i can see their portraints, what does control-R do? and does this mean that i can't reserect anyone ever again?

nathan
Old 02-15-2002, 05:05 PM   #9
ULockit I Stealit
The Magister

I read a posting earlier that if it shows your HP at -10 or something like that, then you have been killed by some means that cannot be ressurected. Maybe search for that.
Old 02-15-2002, 05:18 PM   #10
fable
Quintesson

I almost always play on the Hard level, and yes, your characters can die in such a way that they cannot be revived (despite their portraits remaining in place). Happened to Anomen, most recently (and I was almost tempted to het him stay dead). There is that infamous roll every time you first try to rezz 'em. If it fails, you can forget it--unless you crank the game's difficulty level back down.
fable is offline   Reply With Quote