Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2002, 05:10 PM   #1
Nydlari
Manshoon

Ok, so I just started playing my second time through (hopefully I'll find better stuff this time), but I haven't been lvling my characters 'cuase I wanted to have the practice their skills on low lvl monsters before having them lvl. Anyway, I've made it to Arnika and am still not having and real problems, the monsters are getting stronger, but my characters skills are advancing to keep up with it.
So, my question is: Has any tried playing the game entirely at lvl 1 and if so how is it going?
Nydlari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2002, 05:20 PM   #2
ObverseReaction
Dungeon Master

I haven't personally, but I can envision some of the problems.

1) There's a misconception that monster levels are entirely determined by your party level, which is false. Every area has a minimum and maximum monster level. The level of monsters generated MUST be within that value. So if you walk into an area that's, say, level 10-20 monsters (purely fictional), you'll meet up with a minimum of level 10 monsters. And no matter how skilled a level 1 party is, their HPs just won't be enough to take on some of the monsters at that level.

2) There are also a bunch of "preset" encounters. For example, Nessie is always there, and always the same level no matter what level you are. These preset encounters will often be too tough for a party of level 1's for the same reason as mentioned above, too few HPs.

O.R.
ObverseReaction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2002, 05:26 PM   #3
vesselle
Hathor

well, that's my next thing to do. so, no, i haven't done it with w8 yet. however, that's how a lot of us M&M's play might&magic.

in fact, that's something i have been looking forward to doing, because it just seems so... uh.... do-able. in fact, it would be a lotta fun.

OK smart guy, now you've gone and done it. guess i just gotta start my 6th party and go LvL1 it.

::walks off, mumbling to herself:: how about the Blonde Brigade? or maybe the SuperGirls would be better? argh. who am i fooling? i'll just start a new group for that! yeah!! hmmm. ::starts to drool:: fresh meat!!

V***V
::blushing, wipes her chin::
Old 01-19-2002, 11:23 AM   #4
Vaprakgruumsh
Drizzt Do'Urden

How could you stay level 1? Do you run from all fights, because it autoadvances you the levels, doesn't it?

OH! Wait, you have to click on the " + " next to the picture to advance their level don't you...

Wild. Have not ever thought of that.