Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2003, 06:17 PM   #1
spydar

so, I've moved and can't find my SoU cd, and it won't even let me play NWN regularly without it now. so does anyone know where the expansion uninstall would be (cause I haven't been able to find it on my computer) and if that will even work??
Old 09-21-2003, 08:04 PM   #2
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

From what I can see they are intergrated so when you uninstall you do it to both the expansion and the original. Just do that, take out your saved games, modules etc. and reinstall NWN's. Bummer that you lost SOU, try backing up your cd's, mate that's what I do.
Old 09-21-2003, 09:23 PM   #3
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

He's right. It is integrated, and so NWN has to come out too.
Old 09-21-2003, 11:15 PM   #4
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I asked this question quite some time ago when I had a crap install of SOU. Unfortunately you've got to uninstall the whole thing. On the plus side, you can save all your user folders (portraits, modules, override, erf, etc) so that you don't lose them. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 11:19 PM   #5
Chewbacca
Zartan

You may want to consider a no-CD crack, considering you own the game and all, this is a fair option. I have not used one of these so I wouldn't know how they work or where to find one, though I imagine google would reveal one in a few easy steps .
Old 09-22-2003, 05:37 AM   #6
andrewas
Harper

Make sure you have the CDkey before you uninstall. If you've lost it, you can extract it from nwncdkey.ini, but if you do the uninstall first that file is deleted.

Or, the no-cd crack will get you playing again, but back up the .exe before you install it so you can restore it when its time to update.
Old 09-22-2003, 11:52 AM   #7
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

The No-CD crack is an excellent suggestion in your case.
Old 09-23-2003, 08:11 PM   #8
spydar

so....

where can I get this no cd-crack thing (that I have never heard of but imagine that it'll allow me to play the game without the cd, right???)

and also...is there any way to save my game from normal NWN (since I'm literally right outside the area of the final battle) before uninstalling it all??
Old 09-23-2003, 10:24 PM   #9
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

I've pmed you a url for a site where you can get this as although I know talk of the No-Cd Crack is allowed here it still remains a touchy subject due to (potential) game piracy.

[ 09-23-2003, 10:28 PM: Message edited by: SpiritWarrior ]
Old 09-24-2003, 11:09 PM   #10
spydar

hey thanx man! [img]smile.gif[/img]