Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2003, 09:33 AM   #1
Arnabas
Baaz Draconian

Ok, call me dense... I can't figure out the tower for the Dead Wind.
Spoiler (?)
I can't see how to beat it. On the top floor, there are door that are blocked and require a special key that I can't find. There is a lever on level 2 or 3 (with the burning guys) that seems to do nothing... Maybe I am just too sleepy right now, but I don't see the way to do this. If someone can point me in the right direction with too much of a spoiler ("find the x on the x floor and you'll see how to continue") I would appreciate it.
Old 09-05-2003, 01:22 PM   #2
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

The Dead Wind flits between vulnerable and invulnerable. You must wait for it to lower it's guard. When you see the greenish fog disappear (either via dispel undead, when it replenishes the undead, or when the undead are too far away from it), attack it. Once the fog is back, run and pickoff the undead for awhile. Going after the lead undead characters could be suicidal unless you are exceptionally good with missile weapons. With my Rogue I used to just let them chase me round the room a little while I waited for my next chance to strike at the wind. Using this method you will find it very easy.
Old 09-07-2003, 11:44 AM   #3
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

I just walked up to it and whupped it until it died, as a Cleric, while Dorna and my Summoned Elemental held off the Undead. In fact it died while that damned Bone Ghoul (or Golem or whatever it was) was still whipping Dorna's butt.
Old 09-19-2003, 06:31 PM   #4
Arnabas
Baaz Draconian

Thanks
I actually figured it out by accident myself. But I still don't know what purpose (if any) the lever serves. Anyhow, it's done, but I hate feeling like I missed something.
Old 09-22-2003, 03:55 PM   #5
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

The lever had me stumped too. But I got the Dead Wind! Was a tough one, but my ranger/wiz/arcane archer and her trusty kobold companion and bear companion and mephit familiar did ok in the end....albeit only the kobold and she emerged alive... alas!