Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2003, 08:44 PM   #1
cloud88
Manshoon

to get improved knockdown i need 13int is it possible to use an item to get it to 13 and chose improved knockdown anyway and if that is possible,do i need to have 13int to use it?
Some little angel tries to tell me that it\'s over,<br />It\'s just a bad reflection from above.<br />The load upon my shoulder makes me stronger, even bolder,<br />Oh no no, I haven\'t had enough.<br />-Heaven can wait, another fine reason to live.
cloud88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 11:02 PM   #2
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by cloud88:
to get improved knockdown i need 13int is it possible to use an item to get it to 13 and chose improved knockdown anyway and if that is possible,do i need to have 13int to use it?
No, it needs to be a natural 13 Int.
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 11:10 PM   #3
ScottG
Drow Warrior

no, feats relying on attribute scores must be met unless it is offered via a class (i.e. Ranger's two weapon fighting feats or Monks Stunning Fist or Knockdown).

BTW, Knockdown is over-rated (monsters in NWN's are uber-powerfull with it but your character won't be, this problem was fixed in SOU for SOU only - presumably it will be fixed for other modules as well).
ScottG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 11:26 PM   #4
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Question Mark

I used knockdown, and improved knockdown a lot in NWN, and well. It's important to remember that a halfling can't knock down a dragon, but could get maybe a hill giant, as creature size is a variable. therefore, a dragon can knock you down a lot.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2003, 07:02 AM   #5
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Mages and even priests are easy to knock down, so it's a good way for a warrior to prevent them from casting.
Old 09-27-2003, 09:05 AM   #6
cloud88
Manshoon

im going to buy SoU and im playing a Dwarf so is Improved Knockdown worth it
and if it is,what stats should i lower to aford 13int i have 8 originaly

/sorry about bad speling
Some little angel tries to tell me that it\'s over,<br />It\'s just a bad reflection from above.<br />The load upon my shoulder makes me stronger, even bolder,<br />Oh no no, I haven\'t had enough.<br />-Heaven can wait, another fine reason to live.
cloud88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2003, 11:03 AM   #7
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by cloud88:
im going to buy SoU and im playing a Dwarf so is Improved Knockdown worth it
and if it is,what stats should i lower to aford 13int i have 8 originaly

/sorry about bad speling
Lower wisdom or charisma (though you are at a disadvantage with charisma with a dwarf anyway).
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2003, 12:22 PM   #8
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Most creatures have a low Discipline skill so knockdown can be a great feat to have especially if you use it repeatedly against casters, disabling their spellcasting opportunities.
Old 09-27-2003, 06:56 PM   #9
ScottG
Drow Warrior

Sure - humanoid spellcasters can be disrupted from casting with a succesfull knockdown. However in the same time it takes to achieve a knockdown you can usually kill that spellcaster simply by hiting it repeatedly (and if you have a high number of attacks you will usually disrupt their spells b4 they ever cast a single spell). (Spellcasters typically run low on hitpoints, the ones that are easy to kill quickly, and the ones that don't usually are either immune to knockdown or are practically immune to knockdown.)

If your fighting melee style the key to just about all encounters is: hit hard (high damage), hit a lot (many attacks), always make contact (high hit probability).
ScottG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2003, 07:49 PM   #10
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by ScottG:
Sure - humanoid spellcasters can be disrupted from casting with a succesfull knockdown. However in the same time it takes to achieve a knockdown you can usually kill that spellcaster simply by hiting it repeatedly (and if you have a high number of attacks you will usually disrupt their spells b4 they ever cast a single spell). (Spellcasters typically run low on hitpoints, the ones that are easy to kill quickly, and the ones that don't usually are either immune to knockdown or are practically immune to knockdown.)

If your fighting melee style the key to just about all encounters is: hit hard (high damage), hit a lot (many attacks), always make contact (high hit probability).
Knockdown work even if the guy has Stone Skin or other protection spells on.