Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2003, 07:34 AM   #1
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Oh YAH! I did it! My level 15 ranger/wiz/arcane archer blew through the last battle and WHOOHOO! Yup we crashed it all down again! Only bad thing is Deekin got killed and was too far from me to fix him up before it happened .

I have a save from just before the end battle, so I may replay it, but my ranger came close to buying the farm a few times so I don't know how we'll keep Deeksie ok while doing the job. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I am SO impressed- I liked the storyline a lot and actually FINISHED! WheeeeeeeeeeeeYa! This is momentous! The only other rpg game I've finished was IWD and am close to finishing HoW.
Old 09-23-2003, 07:40 AM   #2
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Nice congrats! I tried playing SOU, but it keep randomly crashing, so I'm stuck playing the NWN module instead.
Old 09-23-2003, 08:02 AM   #3
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Congrats! [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 08:50 AM   #4
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Thanks! I really was stunned that I got through the final battle without reloading!!! Didn't hurt that I had fireballs galore btwn the arcane archer imbued arrows and the nifty necklace I'd saved. One thing I may do, though is go back and try to do it without losing Deekin. He was pretty darned cool for the whole game! Made me laugh alot!
Old 09-23-2003, 01:01 PM   #5
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Well done. Isn't it great ?
Old 09-23-2003, 01:33 PM   #6
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by SpiritWarrior:
Well done. Isn't it great ?
Yes! I did like that story line and the library was fantastic! Do wish there was a bit more before the second chapter ended but hey, not bad!
Old 09-24-2003, 08:30 PM   #7
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Agreed. This mod was a little on the short side. Unlike the original OC which was long but crap this was short but good. Problem was I never got to enjoy my prestige classes in the SOU OC since it was so short I was only at my first Shadowdancer level by the time I finished it.
Old 09-25-2003, 09:01 AM   #8
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Oh YAH! I did it! My level 15 ranger/wiz/arcane archer blew through the last battle and WHOOHOO! Yup we crashed it all down again! Only bad thing is Deekin got killed and was too far from me to fix him up before it happened .

I have a save from just before the end battle, so I may replay it, but my ranger came close to buying the farm a few times so I don't know how we'll keep Deeksie ok while doing the job. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I am SO impressed- I liked the storyline a lot and actually FINISHED! WheeeeeeeeeeeeYa! This is momentous! The only other rpg game I've finished was IWD and am close to finishing HoW.
Damn this is a momentous event. [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img] Well done!

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 09:21 AM   #9
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
Damn this is a momentous event. [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img] Well done!
teehee, I know! It is isn't?! I was really surprised to find myself in the end battle so soon but even more so when I figured out how to beat it!

Weirdest thing.. warning, this contains a huge spoiler ...................

spoilers spoilers spoilers!!

spoilers spoilers spoilers!!!

spoilers spoilers spoilers!!!!

spoilers spoilers spoilers!!!!

SPOILER ALERT! DO NOT GO FARTHER IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED ON THE END BATTLE OF SOU!!!

I tried the end battle again last night, to try and save Deekin before we crashed and my pc got away in shadow, but this time my arcane archer couldn't use her special abilities to target the mithal with imbued arrows!

The first time through, I targeted Heurodis first then realized I couldn't kill her becuause of the mithal and so I went for that. When I used the radial menu, it gave me my special arcane archer options and I used the imbued arrow on them, this time it didn't. Now I did have Deekin cast bardsong before we started this time, but I know he did it in the last battle too! I don't know what was different...except maybe my pc took a barkskin potion, but would that block her special abilities? I don't recall it doing that during the rest of the game!

I still beat the end battle but am baffled about the imbued arrow/etc not being available!

[ 09-25-2003, 09:24 AM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]