Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 04:01 PM   #41
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by a_decent_1:
quote:
Originally posted by burnzey boi:
Well you have the fact that England is the country which brang settlers to the big country of America and yet they are nothing like England. Australia is probably the only one closest to our English herritige in the world.

The thing is that Americans do things a lot differently, and i'm asking why? The American spelling spell every word without a 'u' (except in the 'qu' words), also we say aluminium, but they say aluminum or something like that. Americans also drive on the right hand side, as opposed to the English where it is the best way to drive on the left, left side is better! But could someone point me in the right direction of why this is?
I think India is more alike England as compared Australia.
We speak almost the same sort of English and otherwise also The two countries are much alike. As in Games etc.

Anyways. About USA, i am really not amongst the people who support or LOVE the USA i am really not sure if i even Consider it as a Part of the WORLD. they r too Different to be amongst us.
[/QUOTE]Well then you shouldn't be here, Since I run IW, and if I'm not part of the world.... lol. Descent, that was the lamest statement I've heard in a long time.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 08-27-2005, 12:48 AM   #42
a_decent_1
Banned User

I've been to USA. My Address plz,

6335 cow hollow drive
apartment number-:2117
charlotte
north carolina-28226

Now Since i guess there is a HUGE Shortage of Asians here, otherwise u would see what my Comment meant. I mean the "Status" of the USA is somewhat the same in the Majority of Asia. It is Because of OBVIOUS REASONS.

A few to mention related to my Country.

(1) Promising to give PAKISTAN f-16 when India and Pakistan are at a condition of "WAR AT ANYTIME" .. That too when USA and India are having a dialogue.

(2) Not Including the World Opinion in the recent wars.

(3) Not acting as a "Responsible" member of the UNO.

(4) They have their own sports. Anyone seen them Playing Soccer, Cricket, Hockey etc?

(5) USA has been favoring countries according to THEIR OWN NEEDS. Like Supporting Pakistan against INDIA when USA wanted Pakistani soldies in IRAQ.

Hey Just lemme know if i am "NOT SUPPOSED TO SAY ANYTHING AGAINST USA BCOZ THE WEBMASTER IS AN AMERICAN".

I have other reason to have said that but I think it would be suited for a War room sorta Forum. So Ended up here.
Old 08-27-2005, 01:54 AM   #43
Chewbacca
Zartan

Hey Decent,
Thats fine if you disagree with government policy- many Americans do. Just be careful how and where you express this disagreement. Words can be misconstrued and misunderstood, particulary when making broad generalizations and using alot of hyperbole. As you can see from the reactions to your posts.

Goto the CE forum if you wanna bitch about government policy. Maybe an intersting discussion will arise from it.

[ 08-27-2005, 02:09 AM: Message edited by: Chewbacca ]
Old 08-27-2005, 01:59 AM   #44
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Probly a stupid question before i ask, but what is this elusive CE forum (current events?) and where is it? It's not on my IW page anyways.
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Old 08-27-2005, 02:02 AM   #45
Chewbacca
Zartan

On topic...

Is not variety the spice of life? Besides the fact I like inches and feet and miles and gallons.... If we were all the same that would be boring.
Old 08-27-2005, 02:06 AM   #46
Chewbacca
Zartan

Current events forum here:

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/no...ubb=forum;f=27

You can also find it towards the bottom of the forum summary found by clicking the big Ironworks Button near the top left of this page.
Old 08-27-2005, 02:15 AM   #47
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Chewbacca:
On topic...

Is not variety the spice of life? Besides the fact I like inches and feet and miles and gallons.... If we were all the same that would be boring.
If variety is not, then conflict certainly is. (Though not the killing/war kind, of course) And without little things like standards of measure to argue over, where would we be? If you can't point and laugh at someone else who's doing it the hard way, we'd have to find fault within ourselves. And it's so much more fun to laugh at other people eh?

Thanks for the pointer to CE BTW. Why is it so hidden? [edit: neva mind. i'd saved only the 'gaming forums' page of IW in my faves.]

[ 08-27-2005, 02:18 AM: Message edited by: Sever ]
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Old 08-27-2005, 04:15 AM   #48
a_decent_1
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Chewbacca:
Hey Decent,
Thats fine if you disagree with government policy- many Americans do. Just be careful how and where you express this disagreement. Words can be misconstrued and misunderstood, particulary when making broad generalizations and using alot of hyperbole. As you can see from the reactions to your posts.

Goto the CE forum if you wanna bitch about government policy. Maybe an intersting discussion will arise from it.
Yeah,
But I did not know the Webmaster is an american. And now that i know, U tell me .. Should i start Buttering by saying USA is the BEST, When in reality i said what i felt.
Old 08-27-2005, 04:30 AM   #49
Aragorn1
Symbol of Cyric

:sigh: US bashing is so fashionable these days...
Not saying its not always unreasonable, but sometimes I don;t think it is entirely thought through.
Old 08-27-2005, 06:15 AM   #50
Iron Greasel
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by a_decent_1:
(2) Not Including the World Opinion in the recent wars.
Why should they care about world opinion? It's their war. If they attacked some larger nation, like China for example, then the public opinion would matter. But attacking a relatively weak nation that is not very liked anyway doesn't harm them.
Quote:
(3) Not acting as a "Responsible" member of the UNO.
Then why won't the UN kick them out? Or at least hint that they might do it if the USA doesn't repent from its evil ways?
Quote:
(4) They have their own sports. Anyone seen them Playing Soccer, Cricket, Hockey etc?
Here in Finland we have some strange sports too. Wife carrying and boot throwing for example. And no one is speaking against us. And I honestly thought they did play hockey.
Quote:
(5) USA has been favoring countries according to THEIR OWN NEEDS. Like Supporting Pakistan against INDIA when USA wanted Pakistani soldies in IRAQ.
Isn't that what most nations do? Most of my knowledge of the subject is based on history, and the humans may have evolved over the barbaric habit of attacking ones neighbors because one wants to expand, but I sincerely doubt it.