Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2005, 12:23 AM   #61
Lucern
Quintesson

Not so, TheGodThatFailed

I know Dragonheart was the name of Dragonforce (which I think is a silly name, btw lol)

Dragonheart is an operatic sort of power metal act out of Brazil.

http://www.dragonheart.com.br/english/historia.html

If you've been to Dragonforce's website, they said they changed their name to not be confused with movies, other bands, etc. This is that other band, and I think they rock [img]smile.gif[/img]

Hall of Dead Knights, Battlefield Requiem, and Gods of Ice are pretty representative of what they do if you get a chance to listen to some. Their songs usually have one thrash riff, 2-3 melodic power riffs, and one ugly one that makes you think "Why did they do that there?" It's all overlaid with a powerful chorus. The melodic parts get you humming hours later though
Lucern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 12:40 PM   #62
uss
20th Level Warrior

Led Zeppelin rocks. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
uss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 04:27 AM   #63
TheGodThatFailed
Drizzt Do'Urden

Aah, Thanks Lucern. I thaught you had mistaken dragonforce (Yeah i agree, what on earth possessed them to call themsleves that?) and dragonforce under the name dragonheart for 2 different bands. Is it dragonforce that did Sir Lockdunam? Becuase i have that as being by Dragonheart, and thaught it was DF under the name DH. Sorry if none of that makes sence, i tried my hardest
Old 02-19-2005, 12:41 PM   #64
Aragorn1
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by TheGodThatFailed:
Aah, cool. I'm still hunting for a decent place i can get stuff, over where i live (england) the place is crowded with chavs, and rap fans, so there's little room for metal
Don't get me started on townies (chavs)
Aragorn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 12:55 PM   #65
TheGodThatFailed
Drizzt Do'Urden

Aye...Think the rule our countries, demand respect, think they can push us around, only dare challenge us directly when there's 5 or more of them, they don't bother you unless your outnumbered, they talk like morons, they just realy REALY ask for my fist in their face. Sorry for the rant btw people [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 02-19-2005, 01:33 PM   #66
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Lesseeee

Rammstein, A Perfect Circle, Coldplay, Modest Mouse, Revis, Disturbed, Switchfoot, Diamond Rio (Yes I listen to country, shutup. [img]tongue.gif[/img] ), The Shizit, Frank Zappa, P.O.D., Everclear, and uh, that's the music I've been listening to a lot. I like some other bands, but I'd have to say I listen to these guys the most.
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
SomeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 04:36 PM   #67
Lucern
Quintesson

GodthatFailed, I had to look it up, because I don't have Sir Lockdanum. It's by Dragonheart (Brazil), so you had them after all! Confusing isn't it? They both started about the same time, and play the same style of music. They're both fast and have a lot of endurance, so it comes down to whether or not they use a chorus of all the band members. DragonHeart does in every song I have, and Dragonforce doesn't in every song I have of theirs.

I'm not sure which I like more, as they both rock and both have some weird moments in some tracks, like the first version of Dragonforce's Black Winter Night, starting about 2:30 into it. Have you heard that? LOL The other version is awesome though.
Lucern is offline   Reply With Quote