Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2005, 02:52 PM   #41
philip
Galvatron

I like some black song but it's a bit random as to what I like. Whatever hits something in me. I like it that it sounds like it just goes through you. I like drums and some things you just don't hear outside black metal but then still I don't listen it that much. I like folk/viking metal a lot as well.

And like I suspected I just remembered some other bands. In Flames, Sirenia, Vintersorg, Equilibrium (the german or something band, is kind of folkish as well I think), Tiamat,some Graveworm, Ashes you leave, In extremo, Leaves Eyes, Magica. Too many to list lol.

Thing I like most is with female vocals.
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 03:05 PM   #42
TheGodThatFailed
Drizzt Do'Urden

@ BP - I thaught Dark Tranquillity were black metal? Well, i guess that's a good hardcore band then [img]smile.gif[/img]

@ Phillip - I know what you mean, my fav song, (Like some snow-white Marble Eyes by Summoning) the singers voice has that effect, i love his voice. And Shagrath (borgir's singer) his voice use dto do that, alot, especially on Enthrone... and he does it alot in "Arcane Lifeforce Mysteria". His voice isn't what it used to be, but the new guitars have that effect, i love their new...how shall i put this...Grated...tone. The keyboard just enforces this, and overall, they've become more bandish, as aposed to Shagrath's voice dominating all.
On the subject of female singers, i like Nightwish, and Saga, but that's it for girls with a mic for me.

[ 02-16-2005, 03:07 PM: Message edited by: TheGodThatFailed ]
Old 02-16-2005, 03:06 PM   #43
krunchyfrogg
Red Dragon

Led Zeppelin, Billy Joel, and if I'm feeling funky, I'll pop some Primus or Infectious Grooves in while I'm driving.
Old 02-16-2005, 03:13 PM   #44
philip
Galvatron

TheGodThatFailed do you have that finntroll demo songs you can download from their official site? Quality of the recording isn't that good but it sounds great [img]smile.gif[/img] Maybe I'll go seeing them in concert if they're here in april if some others go too.
Old 02-16-2005, 03:16 PM   #45
TheGodThatFailed
Drizzt Do'Urden

I don't have the demos off their website, no, i didn't know there were any [img]redface.gif[/img] I'll just be heading over there to get them I know they're here in england in may, i'm planning on going [img]smile.gif[/img]

[EDIT] Just listening, sounds great Hehe, thaught i'd DEFFINATLY be the only viking/folk music fan here, guess i'm wrong about that too

[ 02-16-2005, 03:20 PM: Message edited by: TheGodThatFailed ]
Old 02-16-2005, 03:26 PM   #46
philip
Galvatron

Do you know Turisas? They're pretty good as well.
Old 02-16-2005, 03:28 PM   #47
TheGodThatFailed
Drizzt Do'Urden

Hmm, i've not heard of those. I'll try and find something by them [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-16-2005, 08:11 PM   #48
SilentThief
Symbol of Cyric

Burger Time Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Dron_Cah:
Hehe, silentthief, I'm going to see Slipknot and Lamb of God in concert in a few weeks. Turn green with envy! LOL! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Congrats!!! I got tickets to check them out here in Michigan in March!!!

THAT SHOW IS GONNA ROCK!!!!

SilentThief
Old 02-16-2005, 09:10 PM   #49
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by TheGodThatFailed:
I used to be a die-hard metallica fan, look at my forum name [img]tongue.gif[/img] But i would change it to TheSilentGod now if i could, becuase i wouldn't want to change it too much, and Where Silent Gods Stand Guard is an awsome song, by Amon Amarth. Getting back to metallica, i used to like them, but got bored, all their stuff sounds very similar. Well, all the stuff off one album sounds the same i mean. There is a different bewteen the albms, but all the songs off one album, sound the same as every other song off that album. After playing them none-stop for a year, i finally got tired, and moved on to other bands, now going from one band, to a heffting great long list of different bands, and different styles [img]smile.gif[/img]
I've been a hardcore fan for a while, now. I used to rarely listen to anything else. Now, I try to vary things a little bit, but I still love to listen to the songs.
As far as the albums sounding the same, I don't agree. They have the same feel, but, for example, Master of Puppets sounds very little like Leper Messiah. Or Disposable Heroes for that matter. Or any of the other songs on Puppets. Or maybe I've just become brainwashed, and pick up on small nuances automatically, now. Either way, rock on with the 'Tallica!! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Dron_Cah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 05:25 AM   #50
TheGodThatFailed
Drizzt Do'Urden

Heh, every one to their own [img]smile.gif[/img] Although i've gone off the band, and prefer heavier things, my respect for the 'tallica boys is still untouched, to still be going after some of the things they came across, i have to respect them. Well done, lads