Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2006, 05:08 PM   #21
wellard
Dracolisk

Mad

Quote:
Originally posted by Micah Foehammer:
quote:
Originally posted by ZFR:
quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
When is the political forums period?
the political forum is having its period. [/QUOTE]Does that imply that there is also Forums PMS? That would explain a great deal. rotfl [/QUOTE]Yes it would [img]graemlins/Funny_post.gif[/img]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 01:12 AM   #22
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

I thought I was going to get a free David Hicks to go along with my free iPod.

Good thread though. Something I hadn't really thought through thoroughly. Thanks. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 11-17-2006, 05:34 AM   #23
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Leonis:
I thought I was going to get a free David Hicks to go along with my free iPod.

Good thread though. Something I hadn't really thought through thoroughly. Thanks. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
LOL maybe some one could organise a free David Hicks for you mate.

I would personally like to see the opposition party here in OZ make a stand against the government in the next election with David Hicks on the agenda. There isn't much in the mainstream media about him anymore. God knows if was me or some one I cared about I wouldn't be shutting up until something was done about it.

Either free him, lay some charges against him and give him his trial. get it over and done with. The British Government stood up and got its citizens out of Guantanamo Bay, that is why Hicks was trying to plead his case to the British Government for citizenship.

John Howard is just a Lap dog for bush in my eyes. He has no backbone what so ever.
Old 11-18-2006, 09:46 AM   #24
Havock
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by wellard:
Free David Hicks

A plea to those of you that call the USA home and care what America stands for, please contact your senator or congressman in Washington or just your local newspaper and help to either free this man or at least bring him speedily to justice in an American court with basic human rights like any other American citizen would be.
The rub is that he is not an American citizen, therefore not protected by our laws. If he was realy captured fighting a long side of the taliban he deserves what he gets. Why should he go free while his cohorts continue to rot?? Is it because he is Austrailian and they are not, that he should get some kind of special treatment? He knew the deal when he picked up his rifle and joined the jihad. He should count his lucky stars that he is in prison and not dead on the battlefield. Like the old saying goes,"if you can't do the time, don't do the crime."

http://www.myspace.com/measuredingrey
Havock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 10:09 AM   #25
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I agree with the above.

First of all...who is David Hicks ? Where was he captured ? And why ?
Old 11-18-2006, 02:40 PM   #26
Iron Greasel
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Havock:
The rub is that he is not an American citizen, therefore not protected by our laws. If he was realy captured fighting a long side of the taliban he deserves what he gets. Why should he go free while his cohorts continue to rot?? Is it because he is Austrailian and they are not, that he should get some kind of special treatment? He knew the deal when he picked up his rifle and joined the jihad. He should count his lucky stars that he is in prison and not dead on the battlefield. Like the old saying goes,"if you can't do the time, don't do the crime."
But if he had actually done something, why would they not do it the right way and actually accuse him of something and give him a trial?
Old 11-18-2006, 03:18 PM   #27
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Here's the rest of the rub, according to the Geneva Conventions, POW's can be held until the end of the war. They aren't criminals, just enemy combatants, and as such, can be held until the war is over. I'm not going to say that that's a good thing, because it has got to suck, but that's the rules. If he's just being held as a POW, when the war is over, he should be subject to release, at least, that's the way I understand it.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 03:33 PM   #28
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Iron Greasel:
quote:
Originally posted by Havock:
But if he had actually done something, why would they not do it the right way and actually accuse him of something and give him a trial? [/QUOTE]If he had actually done something, why not let him sweat for a while, or rot until hell freezes over for all i care ? If he was on Al Qaeda's, or the Taliban's payrole, do you actually care if he gets a trial or not ?
Old 11-18-2006, 06:15 PM   #29
Sir Krustin
Symbol of Cyric

I kinda agree with Havock, Hicks is a confirmed muslim fighting along side his islamic terrorist buddies. He was basically asking to get shot or detained. There is ample grounds to detain him, imo.

This doesn't mean I don't think he should be formally charged, that much courtesy should be shown him.

Also, no matter what anyone else says, he's a POW as he was definitely fighting against allied forces in a time of war.
Old 11-18-2006, 08:25 PM   #30
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Krustin:
I kinda agree with Havock, Hicks is a confirmed muslim fighting along side his islamic terrorist buddies. He was basically asking to get shot or detained. There is ample grounds to detain him, imo.

This doesn't mean I don't think he should be formally charged, that much courtesy should be shown him.

Also, no matter what anyone else says, he's a POW as he was definitely fighting against allied forces in a time of war.
You think he deserves that much courtesy then ? How much courtesy have these guys shown every time they captured a western reporter, or people who are there to aid the local population ? They had their heads sliced of their bodies while it was being taped.

A bullet in the back of his head would be the courtesy he deserves.