Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2007, 06:13 AM   #1
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - As the esteemed Kazakh television journalist Borat Sagdiyev might say: "High Five. Sexy Time. You Lose."

Two college fraternity buddies shown guzzling alcohol and making racist remarks in the "Borat" movie have lost their bid for a court order to cut the scene they claim has tarnished their reputations, court papers revealed on Monday.

The students sued the movie's distributor and producers last month, saying filmmakers had duped them into appearing in "Borat" by getting them drunk and falsely promising the film would never be shown in the United States.

At the time the suit was filed, a judge denied the pair's request for a temporary restraining order that would remove footage of them from the film, but the plaintiffs were given a another chance to seek an injunction at a hearing last week.

The South Carolina college students lost again when Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Joseph Biderman ruled they had failed to show a reasonable probability of success on the merits of their case or that money damages alone would be insufficient to resolve their claims.

Arguments on the latest motion focused mainly on the future DVD release of the hit movie, "Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan."

The faux documentary, distributed by 20th Century Fox, has already grossed more than $120 million at the North American box office after six weeks in theaters.

The lawyer for the students, Olivier Taillieu, said last week that while the film's theatrical run is coming to a close, the perpetuity of the film on DVD posed ongoing problems for his clients, including harm to their ability to seek work.

Last month, Taillieu said the movie had cost one of the students a job at a major corporation and another a prestigious internship. The students were identified in court papers only as John Doe 1 and John Doe 2. A third student involved in the scene did not take part in the suit.

The film stars British comedian Sacha Baron Cohen as a fictional Kazakh TV journalist whose boorish sensibilities clash with ordinary Americans. The story line is driven by a series of improvised encounters with people who become Baron Cohen's unsuspecting foils.

The scene at issue in the lawsuit depicts Borat getting drunk with three frat boys in a motor home while they watch a sex tape and make racist remarks about slavery and minorities in the United States.

20th Century Fox is a unit of News Corp.

(Source: http://www.reuters.com/article/wtMos...1?pageNumber=2 )
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 07:26 AM   #2
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

All I can say is ROFL.....

Serves them right.
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 07:50 AM   #3
PurpleXVI
Emerald Dragon

Yup, wasn't Borat that lost them stuff, it was their own racism and idiocy.
PurpleXVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 12:19 PM   #4
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Eejits!

Got to say though, it's a hell of a funny film (might be my sense of humour mind)...but the fight with his manager is just SO funny.

Ok, it's sick, but it's also funny [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 03-26-2007, 12:49 PM   #5
Blind_Prophet
Symbol of Cyric

Yes VERY NICE HOW MUCH
Old 03-26-2007, 01:28 PM   #6
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Was that the part where he saw that Pamela Anderson/Tommy Lee tape, and started crying because he wanted to make Pamela his wife ?

These guys didn't have any clue at all, didn't they ?
Old 03-26-2007, 01:30 PM   #7
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Ivelliis:
Eejits!

Got to say though, it's a hell of a funny film (might be my sense of humour mind)...but the fight with his manager is just SO funny.

Ok, it's sick, but it's also funny [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Yeah, a giant hairy ass sitting right on top of your nose, funny indeed. I'm just glad it wasn't me with that Neanderthal on my face.
Old 03-26-2007, 02:05 PM   #8
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Pamela...I'm afraid I do not want to marry you anymore..................NOT

got me laughing just thinking about it !
Old 03-26-2007, 02:34 PM   #9
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

Mmmm, Borat...I wonder if that old rodeo guy who claimed the mustache made Borat look like a terrorist filed suit against them...

Probably not.

Is that what you really want to say?
Ilander is offline   Reply With Quote