Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2002, 10:01 PM   #1
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Contains MAJOR SPOILERS for Chapter 3

Ok...i got to the pinnacle where Aribeth and Morag are...but i cant unlock the gates! Can't bash them either! Now, i didnt go to lvl to lazy), but is the key in there or something?
Old 07-12-2002, 10:21 PM   #2
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

you can't go in, just go to maugrim lab and get his stuff there and teleport to aarin and talk to him.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2002, 11:46 PM   #3
Deathcow
Elminster

Shoot something at them. They realize you're there and open the gates to attack.
Deathcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2002, 12:46 AM   #4
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Ok, i shot an ice bolt at Morag, then 2 seconds l8a the gates opened and the lizard things attacked. OK! on to chpta four now...
Old 07-13-2002, 01:09 AM   #5
Zateel
Zhentarim Guard

This is a bug being addressed by patch 1.21. I had the same problem. It's not the journal in the lab you need, but a scripting error. When I first arrived to that point, there was not even a dead rogue lying to the left of the gate. I had no idea what everyone was talking about (dead rogue?). Finally, I started from the end of Port Llast and reentered Luskan and rushed through it to get to the pinnacle. This time, everything played well, I saw the thief (and was able to take the items) and I witnessed the dialog. Unfortunately, I underestimated the Lizardfolk, plus became trapped behind the open gate door, and was killed (stupid! stupid!). I reloaded, and the next time the gates opened. The "three" disappeared without any dialog, but I beat the lizardmen(easily this time) and progressed. On the Bioware boards, there are *HUNDREDS* of postings by frustrated gamers about this problem. Fortunately, it will soon be permanently resolved.
Old 07-13-2002, 01:43 AM   #6
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

strange though everybody want to take the hard way. I though just go for the easy way out. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2002, 08:07 AM   #7
Zateel
Zhentarim Guard

Unfortunately, with this bug, you just can't go and talk to Aarin Gend. He won't acknowledge you've discovered "the plot twist". The dialogue for the three important characters on the pinnacle won't start.