Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2003, 06:14 AM   #1
Jon Irenicus
Elminster

Guys, how "fast" exactly does this monester regenerate? Last time I did 34 damage to him and he like regenerated it all back in a matter of seconds????
Its nearly impossible to kill these creatures....
Old 04-09-2003, 06:19 AM   #2
Alson
Galvatron

There's a bug related to the Greater Werewolves, you might have encountered it.

They are still killable, though... do you have either the Celestial Fury or the Flail of Ages?
In memory of Ilan Ramon - the first Israeli astronaut.<br /><br /><br />[url]\"http://members.chello.nl/~j.vanthull/BG2SR/Home.htm\" target=\"_blank\">BGII Spells Reference</a> - everything you ever wanted to know about spells!
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 06:22 AM   #3
Jon Irenicus
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Alson:
There's a bug related to the Greater Werewolves, you might have encountered it.

They are still killable, though... do you have either the Celestial Fury or the Flail of Ages?
Uh... I'm currently soloing an Assasin, and that 34 damage was my x7 backstab. Also remember that poison doesnt make a difference... and I wont be using the CFury b/c the attack speed is way too slow for a thief to my likings.
Old 04-09-2003, 06:25 AM   #4
Alson
Galvatron

Have you tried setting some Traps?
In memory of Ilan Ramon - the first Israeli astronaut.<br /><br /><br />[url]\"http://members.chello.nl/~j.vanthull/BG2SR/Home.htm\" target=\"_blank\">BGII Spells Reference</a> - everything you ever wanted to know about spells!
Old 04-09-2003, 06:29 AM   #5
pcgiant
Symbol of Cyric

I think perhaps Alson was hinting at possible ways to slow their regeneration.
Old 04-09-2003, 06:31 AM   #6
Jon Irenicus
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Alson:
Have you tried setting some Traps?
Luckily traps kills anything easily without stress [img]smile.gif[/img] I even killed the Demi-Lich with traps But the thing is taht its kinda hard to lure a whole pack of G werewolves into ur traps and having them all damaged. What normally happens is that the first G werewolf soaks up all the damage and dies while the rest chases u for supper. Oh, BTW I found out that traps can hit stoneskined creature!! [img]smile.gif[/img] but does it hurt clay golems??
Old 04-09-2003, 06:36 AM   #7
Alson
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Jon Irenicus:
... But the thing is taht its kinda hard to lure a whole pack of G werewolves into ur traps and having them all damaged. What normally happens is that the first G werewolf soaks up all the damage and dies while the rest chases u for supper.
Advance the pack very, very slowly. You should be able to isolate them, using traps... Divide & Conquer. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Quote:
Oh, BTW I found out that traps can hit stoneskined creature!! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Indeed. [img]smile.gif[/img] They can't in the European version, though. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Quote:
but does it hurt clay golems??
Yes. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-09-2003, 06:53 AM   #8
Jim
Quintesson

Ahh yes, the infamous instant regeneration bug with a select few Greater Wolfweres.

A stunned Greater Wolfwere is a dead Greater Wolfwere. Your assassin only has 1 APR base with a melee weapon, so I suggest the following - Quaff a potion of speed, equip Celestial Fury as a single weapon, and then hope that the GW fails his save. If he does, then equip Belm into your off hand (don't worry about the crappy THAC0) and proceed to beat the bejesus out of it. You will now have 4 APR, and if the GW is stunned, each hit will be an automatic hit, and with 3 strikes coming from CF, you can most likely keep him stunned until he's dead. A stunned GW doesn't regenerate btw , that's where Alson's coming from.

Quote:
Jon Irenicus wrote:
...and I wont be using the CFury b/c the attack speed is way too slow for a thief to my likings.
The attack speed too slow?! It has a speed factor of 1 which is damn near instant! Unless you're referring to the number of attacks a thief has each round...

I find it a little strange that spike traps can hit Clay Golems. We all know that something with a spike on the end of it will deal piercing damage, so how then does a spike trap slay a Clay Golem that is immune to piercing attacks? I don't think the game developers thought this one through too well!
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 07:04 AM   #9
Jon Irenicus
Elminster

I just killed 2 clay golems with traps... this is what it said - Clay Golem was immune to my damage" followed by "Fil-Galdor did 20 damage to Clay Golem" . So I think the Clay Gs r still immune to anything but blunt weapons and what damages them is the special damage the trap has(magic damage?)...
Old 04-09-2003, 07:09 AM   #10
Alson
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Jon Irenicus:
I just killed 2 clay golems with traps... this is what it said - Clay Golem was immune to my damage" followed by "Fil-Galdor did 20 damage to Clay Golem" . So I think the Clay Gs r still immune to anything but blunt weapons and what damages them is the special damage the trap has(magic damage?)...
Traps damage dealing is as follows:

(1) Deal 2D8 (or 3D8, level-dependant) Missile damage
(2) Deal XdY damage of Z type,

... where X, Y and Z are all level-dependant. Sometimes it's fire, sometimes it's poison, etc. Use the search function to locate a thread called "Traps damage dealing" or something like that. [img]smile.gif[/img]