Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2004, 04:28 PM   #31
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
If you advocate the right of those in or outside your religion to make a choice that may be abhorent to your religion, do you denigrate the tenets of your faith or just affirm the right of individuals to chose of their own accord to commit a mortal sin? This is a simple question. In advocating a stance, does the faith also at the same time advocate barring the free will of others?

The question here is not whether the Catholic faith supports/denigrates abortion, bus whether or not it intends to preclude the free will of its followers. Are Catholics allowed to ignore the tenets of their faith, and risk going to hell, or does the faith intend to coerce the faithful ito behaving in an approved way, and ignore their free will?

I told you what I thought via email and the prohibition on discussing matters religious makes this post by you quite unfair as I am not permitted to counter you with the details of the religion in THIS public forum.

This whole post just simply cannot be answerd or addressed without venturing into verbotten territory.

So we are left with the same reply as before. He can call himself whatever he wants, but that does not mean that he is actually that thing.

[ 10-16-2004, 08:05 PM: Message edited by: MagiK ]

Old 10-16-2004, 06:19 PM   #32
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Thanks, Magik, for setting a good example.

????

Wow...the holiday season must be working "magic" on you !!

Old 10-16-2004, 08:10 PM   #33
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

What Larry said.

I stopped posting to the topic because I feel I can't really do it justice without breaking the no-religious debate rule but as Larry posted above, it is possible if you want to continue,otherwise, email and pm work wonders and there's no restriction on your subject matter.

Magik, the restraint there was very impressive! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-16-2004, 10:33 PM   #34
MagiK

Thanks, I think I burst a blood vessel in my left eye though

Old 10-17-2004, 01:39 AM   #35
Chewbacca
Zartan

Quote:
Hello, I am MagiK, I am a Catholic, and I have better than 14 years of Catholic Education behind me.
Oh, Irony. Its not about religion, but consistency.

Magik, how can you be for the Iraq war, which the church opposed and for the death penalty which the church opposes and still be a "true Catholic" AND have the gonads to judge where other people stand in the eyes of the Church based on where they differ on a stance the church has taken.

By your own standards expessed in this thread and by the views on issues you have expressed in this forum, you have commited the same error(s) that Kerry has by taking stances that are not in accordance with offical Catholic stances.

How do you explain this obvious fallacy of logic?

[ 10-17-2004, 01:44 AM: Message edited by: Chewbacca ]
Old 10-17-2004, 04:48 PM   #36
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

That's it.

The subject has come off of Kerry and turned toward membership criticism (religious criticism).

Worthy of closing, IMO.