Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2006, 01:03 PM   #1
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

I'm trying to figure out what I need to do to prepare for Level 60. I'm currently level 50 and relatively clueless about the areas I need to visit and open up over the next 10 levels, or where good quest/grinding combos are, or what instances are the best for me. I've looked for guides regarding this, and can't find any.

Is gear an issue, or should I just grind to 60 and start getting the phat lewt?

Anyone have some good advice?
Old 01-30-2006, 01:40 PM   #2
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Grind. From 52+ (depending on class, I am hunter and it was easy) grind the undead at Lake Kel'Theril in Winterspring. Found three Aegis of Stormwind (50g each), a Hammer of the Northern Wind (90g) and Icy Chill recipes galore. Nice XP (especially if rested).

At 58 you can start going to Stratholme/Scholomance/Lower+Upper Blackrock Spire to get class gear. Also check out Dire Maul, although it is harder to find a PUG for Dire Maul.
Old 01-30-2006, 07:26 PM   #3
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

I already mentioned this in this thread.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/no...;f=32;t=000278

Questing is better, you can get 1 level per day.

If you really want to grind for experience and phat lewt. For level 50 ~ 55, try Burning Steppes Ogres or Blasted Land Orges.

For level 55 ~ 60. Try Deadwind Pass Ogres, This place is like a goldmine. You can get nearly 200 gold per day and numerous blues/purples and nearly 30 stack of runesclothes each day. Of course you'll be out of luck if there's a hunter with a King Bangalash farming there *ahem* .
If the Deadwind Pass Orges is crowded, try the Deadwind Pass birds instead. They don't drop much green/blues/purples or any silvers. But they drop numerous loot which you can sell to the vendors. Each bird had a good chance to drop 6 loots so it's not suprising to earn nearly 30 silver per bird.
If you need a change of scenery, try the berserk owls at winterspring ( east of winterspring ). You'll be earning 30% less gold or items than deadwind pass orges but you can get a constant supply of thorium ores. Another alternative are wintersping yetis ( east of winterspring in the caves ). The loots are about the same as those berserk owls but you can skin them for rugged leather plus there's a constant supply of thorium ores.
If you have a good AOE spells, try Hearthglen at WPL, the loots is 20% lower than deadwind pass orges (imo) and the enemies there are tougher.
Else, you can try Tyr Hand in EPL, the loot are somewhat better than deadwind pass orges ( 20% better imo ) but the enemies there are tougher and it's crowded with other farmers. Hint : it pays to know the chinese language.

You can start going to those instance ivelliis mentioned at level 57. Also, don't passed up the opportunity to join a ZG pug ( yes, ZG is pug'able )

That's just about it I think.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 08:00 PM   #4
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Skinner? Looking for phat gold? CLEAR out STV, Arathi, any zone that drops a ton of LL, ML, HL, RL, and watch the gold/quest xp come in, and your rep soar.
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 01:06 AM   #5
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

West of Tanris is the Crater.. head to it for some 50-55 and 50+ Elites.. you can collect loads of gemstones too.. (AH them)

(K, you sound like a REAL Farmer man.. )

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 02:48 AM   #6
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Ungoro...*shudders*...I hate that place, although it does have a lot of quests.

To be honest I'd disagree with questing from 50-60. I hardly played midweek, and griding a full level on rested in 5hours.

If you can face the grind, then go for it, but some people just can't do it (having an active guild helps, 'cause you talk at the same time)
Old 01-31-2006, 10:53 AM   #7
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

I'm such a horrible grinder. Plus, I've got a large network of people I group with. I logged on last night intending to grind some as suggested here and to grind/quest in Ferelas and Searing Gorge, and to cap some quests to set up for a ST run this weekend.

Well, inside of 10 mins I'm in a PUG on my way to ZF instead. Which, didn't go so well, because 2 dropped out and by then I'd pulled 2 guildies in to fill slots as a favor to me. Ugh. I got none of the loot I went in for, and the worthless Shammie we went with ran us straight to Gaz'rilla first so he got his mail loot before he flaked out.

I shoulda just listened to you guys.

I really should just run up to 60. Once I'm close, I can join a group of RL friends who are all doing BRD and LBRS UBRS, etc. They all just hit the high 50's within the last month. It will be cool once I get there, because we'll have a 10-man raid group of just RL friends. We've actually set it up pretty well, and it's about to come to fruition.

Okay, some questions:

Why does Ivellis hate Un'goro?? I've been there a bit, but didn't like the fact there was no nearby flypath.

Where are these other places? Deadwind pass? Burning Steppes? Tyr's Hand?

[ 01-31-2006, 10:56 AM: Message edited by: Timber Loftis ]
Old 01-31-2006, 11:15 AM   #8
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Your at about the right level for Mauridon, though its kinda hard getting a group for there since the place sucks lol. A few more lvls and theres also Sunken Temple and BRD
Old 01-31-2006, 11:21 AM   #9
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
Why does Ivellis hate Un'goro?? I've been there a bit, but didn't like the fact there was no nearby flypath.
Devilsaur? Those things can be really nasty if they happen to jump on you while you are fighting other creatures. And the sound they make while attacking you, so so scary. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Quote:
Where are these other places? Deadwind pass? Burning Steppes? Tyr's Hand?
Deadwind Pass is east of Duskwood ( or west of Swamp of Sorrows ). Burning Steppes is north of Redridge Mountain ( or south of Searing Gorge ). Tyr Hand is in Southeast of Eastern Plague Land, which is east of Western Plague Land.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 11:32 AM   #10
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
Your at about the right level for Mauridon, though its kinda hard getting a group for there since the place sucks lol. A few more lvls and theres also Sunken Temple and BRD
I've done all of Mara up to the princess and have the teleport rod. I need to do Noxxion again though, because he didn't drop the lewt I needed last time. maybe I'll just skip it. I actually think that the later stages of Maraudon, past where purple/orange become one, are some of the prettiest scenes in the game.